What Country represents the biggest threat to World Peace?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
DermotC
udonmap.com

What Country represents the biggest threat to World Peace?

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 4:51 pm

In your Opinion, Which Country represent the biggest threat to World peace, with an explanation as to why you think its that particular Country.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: What Country represents the biggest threat to World Peac

Post by trubrit » September 10, 2010, 7:27 pm

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 7:34 pm

Interesting article trubrit and an interesting point of view by the author!

Fahlep Yai
udonmap.com

Post by Fahlep Yai » September 10, 2010, 9:00 pm

why don't you fellows just make a hate america thread and you can pile all your prejudices into one neat place. to be fair you could have a hate thread for every country so that everyone could get their digs in. i am thankful that most of you are retired and have no impact on anything outside of your own little worlds.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2010, 9:14 pm

Given that the world is not at peace at the moment, the question is a non sequitur.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 9:17 pm

Fahlep Yai wrote:why don't you fellows just make a hate america thread and you can pile all your prejudices into one neat place. to be fair you could have a hate thread for every country so that everyone could get their digs in. i am thankful that most of you are retired and have no impact on anything outside of your own little worlds.
Where do you get that people hate America? Extreamly defensive and no need for it at all. If you have a pov then please make it. The post has nothing what so ever to do with America. Indeed it is your own hubris that makes it so!

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 9:19 pm

Thanks for adding to the debate JS. I couldnt really expect anything more from you!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2010, 9:27 pm

The expectation is entirely mutual Dermot. :D

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 9:29 pm

Such a fool, do you wake up in the morning and try to intentionally annoy people? That seems to be your goal in life JS and may i add that its very very sad!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2010, 9:38 pm

Dermot if you did not like my perfectly reasonable response to your OP, that is your problem, not mine.

I suggest you reflect on that. =D>

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 9:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:Dermot if you did not like my perfectly reasonable response to your OP, that is your problem, not mine.

I suggest you reflect on that. =D>

Not a resonable response to a question and Im reflecting on what a troll you are!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2010, 9:48 pm

Sigh! (again)............ :roll:

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 10, 2010, 9:50 pm

what a complete tool you are!

Seahawk
udonmap.com

Post by Seahawk » September 10, 2010, 10:56 pm

Fahlep Yai wrote:why don't you fellows just make a hate america thread and you can pile all your prejudices into one neat place. to be fair you could have a hate thread for every country so that everyone could get their digs in. i am thankful that most of you are retired and have no impact on anything outside of your own little worlds.
Fahlep Yai, what on earth are you going on about. DermotC only posed the question at the yop of this thread "What Country represents the biggest threat to World Peace". Certainly a thought provoking topic. He never once accused The USA of anything. Trubrit then posted an informative link from Global Research, which stated facts only, whichever slant you may think the author has drafted into his peice. Is Global Research Anti American? Well this is taken from their website:
The Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG) is an independent research and media organization based in Montreal. The CRG is a registered non profit organization in the province of Quebec, Canada.

In addition to the Global Research website, the Centre is involved in book publishing, support to humanitarian projects as well as educational outreach activities including the organization of public conferences and lectures. The Centre also acts as a think tank on crucial economic and geopolitical issues.

Not a hint of anti USA, but I digress. May I ask you to in the future, read threads on this forum with more care. In that way you will be able to engage your brain before your fingers attack the keyboard.
As for your assumtion that the members of this forum are anti American, or in any way xenophobic, really is wide of the mark.
As for the informative and factual link posted by Trubrit, what part of that is anti USA? I quote from the link:

Take the case of the US and its allies, Britain and France in particular, which allege that Iran is a threat to world peace, has sinister ambitions to build nuclear weapons and is in violation of the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Some 95 per cent of the world’s stockpile of nuclear weapons are possessed by the US and Russia. The US declares over 5,100 of these warheads. In contravention of its NPT obligations, the US has shared its nuclear technology with India and Israel, with the latter possessing some 200 warheads and the only country in the Middle East to have nuclear arms.

Now, is this Anti American or Anti British, or Anti French, or Anti Russian, or Anti Indian or perhaps even Anti Isreali?
I am personally a very proud Brit (born and bred in Liverpool England) and I would never blindly defend my Country if I thought we were wrong. However, I would neither jump the gun and make myself appear foolish by posting what I can only describe as utter b@llocks.
There was no need for your rudeness directed at members of this forum regarding and I quote:

i am thankful that most of you are retired and have no impact on anything outside of your own little worlds

If members here had intentions of having an impact outside "our little world", I am sure those who wished to do so would go into politics. The only impact you seem to have given, is that of an armchair assasin with a persecution complex.
Oh and by the way, although you seem to categorise all members here as the same.......I personally live and have a business in Udon Thani and I'm a long way off retirement.
Now go away and have a think.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 11, 2010, 12:02 am

Seahawk,

Thanks for that post. I probably would have written a deeper post to him back but JS, as he always does on my posts tries to take them over by showing wha a complete idiot he is.

I didnt understand where Fahlep Yai got the impression theat I or Trubrit was anti American at all. Indeed given that I was in Kuwait and Iraq as a contractor from 2003 to 2006 in a support role for U.S. troops I certainly didnt think I gave the impression that I was anti American becasue i certainly am not. But I am anti Idiot and I do hope he comes back and explains where he thought we, meaning myself and Trubrit, were!

Again really do appreciate your post!

Bilko
udonmap.com

Post by Bilko » September 11, 2010, 12:38 am

Well put seahawk I hope you and your comrades show such diplomacy tomorrow when young rooney enters the peoples stadium,
PS Where did you nick the coloured crayons from [-X

Seahawk
udonmap.com

Post by Seahawk » September 11, 2010, 1:13 am

Careful Bilko or I will hang my famous Everton pictures outside your house!!
Still can't find a suitable place to stick em yet (that was not an ivitation for a comment either by the way).
Glad you noticed the crayons......they won't give me anything sharp :-)

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 11, 2010, 7:12 am

Well I just posted a link saying "Here's one point of view". I never in any way implied it was mine. To be honest it is not a question I have given much thought to, after all there are a bewildering number of candidates and an equal number of different types of threats. I will just say that Israel come to mind as a candidate purely because their military capability far exceeds that necessary for any defense of their country . They have a larger Air Force, in numbers of planes . A larger army in personnel terms, than Great Britain, yet do not contribute to international operations in anywhere the numbers we do .Therefore it begs the question. Why do they need them .?
Now before any one jumps in to accuse me of being anti semitic . I am not , just simply answering the original question .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » September 11, 2010, 7:19 am

In a general sense,I would say that any country possessing WMD's is a possible threat to World peace!I see the major powers,with the possible exception of Russia, and Israel possessions of them,as Defensive in Nature,although at times,bullyish!

Therefore at this time,I think that Nations having or having the capability to have WMD's , contolled by dictating factions, are the most worrisome!Especially if they spew hateful rhetoric and call for the destruction of other Nations and peoples!

N.Korea,China,Pakistan,Iran are the most worrisome ,IMO!I think N.Korea is the biggest threat,at the moment,with a possibly dying dictator at the helm.A nuclear attack on Japan or S.Korea could cause a possible World War!Iran ,because of the rhetoric by its leadership,is a long term threat as,IMO,Israel can not allow them the possess Nukes!

I know there are many that react to my believed opinon,with terms of neo-con,old school etc. etc.because they think PC as promoted by sensationalized media entertainment rating conscience outlets,is the proper way to think,which I reject as armchair intellectualizing to exercise the EGO!

IMO,there is no real way to pinpoint the nation that could ,in fact,begin a World War,because as history has shown,they usually start because of an individuals desire to placate his/her selfish EGO desire!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 11, 2010, 9:22 am

The question is I expect purely rhetorical, however the answer is equally simple, all countries and none. Time has shown as does history that the smallest act can make a war as can the largest, in fact considering what has been happening in Africa in recent decades I am surprised that a war has not started in that continent.
War is a self defeating action normally brought on by someone or something normally mundane or stupid.
Many have spoken some have hinted at possible anti this and anti that but in the end the reasons for some of these confligrations are a complete mystery.

It is a good question but one I fear cannot be accurately answered we can but only hypothesise and with a little hope , pray it is not going to happen.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”