YANTRA BAMBOO TATTOO UDON?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

YANTRA BAMBOO TATTOO UDON?

Post by mrbeerlao » July 3, 2010, 9:51 pm

Hi does anyone know where in UDON you can get a yantra bamboo tattoo? thanks

polehawk
udonmap.com

Re: YANTRA BAMBOO TATTOO UDON?

Post by polehawk » July 4, 2010, 2:29 pm

Try Phon Tattoo Bar in Nutty Park. He advertises "free design" work so maybe if you had a picture of the Yantra Bamboo one for him to work from? He's also a sponsor of this website.

http://www.phontattoo.com/

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » July 4, 2010, 3:49 pm

I don't think anyone in Udon does it.
You'll probably have to go to Bangkok & surrounding areas.
Have a look here: http://www.sak-yant.com/

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 5, 2010, 8:37 am

I was told a while back there's a large temple out near Nong Bua Lumphu where one of the Monks is a master in this type of tattooing.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 5, 2010, 12:48 pm

polehawk wrote:Try Phon Tattoo Bar in Nutty Park. He advertises "free design" work so maybe if you had a picture of the Yantra Bamboo one for him to work from?.
Yantra Bamboo Tattooing is a method using a bamboo stick with a sharp point, dipped in ink and then into your skin.
I saw a bloke getting one done in Pattaya. Beware of infections.

OT......... \:D/

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 5, 2010, 1:18 pm

I didn't know that! Sounds like the method used in Thai prisons. One of my outlaws has one on his arm from the slammer that says MAFIR (in block English letters). Asked him what it means and he insists to this day it says Mafia. :roll:

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 6, 2010, 3:11 pm

Chriss wrote:I was told a while back there's a large temple out near Nong Bua Lumphu where one of the Monks is a master in this type of tattooing.
Thanks ill try to google that......

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 6, 2010, 5:44 pm

Yes.......there is a person in Kutchap.....before munk but not now.....making special buddhatatoos an he is very god. My daugthers boyfriend was there 2 mounths ago and make a very powerful tatoo.......but this buddhatatoos is to put special power and protection to the persons who wheres it so it is a question about belive artist is only make the tatoos by rekomendation and thats the way to find him.......if he thinks you are a beliver....then he makes the tatoo for a smaller payment ore....shall we call it a gift from a person to another.

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 7, 2010, 6:09 am

kjellsnell wrote:Yes.......there is a person in Kutchap.....before munk but not now.....making special buddhatatoos an he is very god. My daugthers boyfriend was there 2 mounths ago and make a very powerful tatoo.......but this buddhatatoos is to put special power and protection to the persons who wheres it so it is a question about belive artist is only make the tatoos by rekomendation and thats the way to find him.......if he thinks you are a beliver....then he makes the tatoo for a smaller payment ore....shall we call it a gift from a person to another.
WOW this is just what i want..I belive and understand the history of yantra tattoo and the monks who do the tattoo..

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 7, 2010, 9:44 am

There's a tattoo shop in Kutchap opposite the Pumpichaya kindergarden and lower school, maybe it's the same guy.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 7, 2010, 4:44 pm

Chriss wrote:There's a tattoo shop in Kutchap opposite the Pumpichaya kindergarden and lower school, maybe it's the same guy.
Yes that could be the same one........tomorrow i ask my wifes sisterson about this ..........after that i can confirm. You see......when my daughters boyfriend makes his tatto.......he went whit them so i did not se the place by my own.....but i check it up for u and maybe can connect whit them......

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 7, 2010, 4:47 pm

If somebody tells how i attached at photo from my harddrive here i can show an exempal of what i think is a real mastertattoo from this men........sorry for my stupidity......he he.......but i think this forum is small complex to use.....he he :?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 7, 2010, 5:04 pm

Try this thread for photo posting..

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/h ... 13-30.html

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 7, 2010, 7:00 pm

Hi gents,this thread is going good!!! I lookforward if you can find out more about the tattoo shop in Kutchap... thanks

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 7, 2010, 7:42 pm

here you have some tattoos from this men in Kutchap........this is on my wifes sistersoon. All tattos are made by the same men.
Attachments
bambotattoo.JPG
bambotattoo.JPG (85.97 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 8, 2010, 9:07 am

YEP thats what i want.. In fact the finger is pointing to a tiger thats what i want..

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 8, 2010, 2:37 pm

mrbeerlao wrote:YEP thats what i want.. In fact the finger is pointing to a tiger thats what i want..
Yes, i understand,its my finger pointing to the tiger and its my wifes sistersoon who wheres it.

maybe i can connect U whit this men but i am going for a small vaccationtrip tomorrow and come back next saturday.....you can PM me, Okej.......have a god day!

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 8, 2010, 2:57 pm

Hi yeh thats ok,just add on to this link when you return..have a good trip!!!!!!! ill keep an eye on this thred thanks

henke53

Post by henke53 » July 12, 2010, 6:49 am

that's a quality tattoo. i have a few tattoos but i'm not sure if i fancy the bamboo style, i sat and watched a woman get one done on her leg inpattaya and didn't like the look of it.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » January 10, 2011, 12:25 pm

1) you are NOT going to get a Sak Muh or Sak Yant tattoo at a tattoo parlour
2) a tattoo from a tattoo parlour will NOT mean $h1t, it will not be sacred
3) there is a lot of stuff that goes on when getting the tattoo from the MONK, there are rules to follow and offerings to be made at the temple. There are also rules to follow after you get the sacred tattoos.

I'll dig into my hard drive for the info and pics:

I saw Loung Pi Gai

at Wat Loong Yang before nong bua lamphu

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”