Bush Must Negotiate to Make America Safer -

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Dakoda
udonmap.com

Bush Must Negotiate to Make America Safer -

Post by Dakoda » August 19, 2006, 8:56 am

Bush Must Negotiate to Make America Safer, Say Former Generals

not often I can agree with The Generals, but I guess times are different! I guess a couple of you will question the source! :shock:

News Report Here :shock:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 19, 2006, 9:34 am

Great!!!Will you please put it in the proper forum,so we can discuss it like barbarians!!

Alagrl
udonmap.com

Post by Alagrl » August 24, 2006, 2:10 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Great!!!Will you please put it in the proper forum,so we can discuss it like barbarians!!
My former Army officer husband FINALLY is coming around to my position re: Bush and the miasma we're now in, in large part to these continued statements by former generals.

Is it just me, or is this "Stay the course" philosophy sounding more and more like the 1968 Vietnam position?

Argh!

SHARA

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » September 1, 2006, 8:35 am

gulfcoastUSA wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:Great!!!Will you please put it in the proper forum,so we can discuss it like barbarians!!
My former Army officer husband FINALLY is coming around to my position re: Bush and the miasma we're now in, in large part to these continued statements by former generals.

Is it just me, or is this "Stay the course" philosophy sounding more and more like the 1968 Vietnam position?

Argh!

SHARA
I said I was gone and will be but the Viet Nam statement "Argh" kind of got to me.

I have read quite a bit since the war and will not debate the right and wrong as there was a lot right and a lot wrong.

What promted this was I have since visited Hanoi and had a visit with a NV Regular vet. His statement overwhelmed me to a great degree. I will share it with you as best I can.

He said when you win a war they were expecting the parades etc when they got home. This did happen. They then expected to have jobs and a promising future for thier families. This did not happen. Viet Nam went thru 20 plus years of starvation existense which they are now emerging. He felt like they had won the battle but lost the war.

After traveling around Laos and cambodia and doing a lot of reading, I am embarassed on how the US and Local Governments reacted to the war. Laos a peaceful and backwater country treated so badly by it own Govt. and then the US bombed the hell out of it. Plenty of craters today to view. The killing fields of Cambodia are a testament to the failed policies of Lon Nol and the US pacifacation. Sure we blame it on Heng Sary etc but what part did we all play.

Sure we are in Iraq, the difference being it is perceived as a religious war. These can be more deadly and have longer lasting effects than Viet Nam.

Later.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 1, 2006, 9:27 am

:) I definitely now believe,hindsight,that mistakes were made in the position of trying to set up a western concept of Democracy in Iraq :!: IMO,we should have supported a position that would have divided the country into 3 seperate autonomous states with proportionate resources :!:
:) We capitulated in Viet Nam because the overwhelming majority of the population wanted us out :!: This is not the case in Iraq and Afghanistan :!:Where the majority support our efforts on their behalf!To leave them in a vacumn,and at the mercy and influence of radical religius extremists,supported by outside regional gov'ts of the same persuasion,is in no way comparable to the situation in Nam :!:

:) IMO,it would be another Human Rights injustice as great as the allowed genocide going on in many African Nations today!The media and the so called ''humanists''are constantly harping about the ''body count'' in Iraq,with the Coalition countries ,once popular majority position citizenry waning in their support with each reported casualty!''Get out now'',Give the terrorists a date for absolute withdrawal so they can amass more resources to ''clean up''the resultant vacumn(Of course,not in those words),increase the recruitment and status amongst the terrorists as they claim victory and unite the extremist brotherhood of those now convinced that ''the path to the virgins''is truly God's will :!:

:) Let us not change course because we recognize, by hindsight ,some past mistakes in judgement!But ,change course if it is the best thing to do for people!Remember,they had elections for their gov't.A gov't that wants us to ''stay the course''.Ask yourself,who would benefit by our leaving now :?: Then ask yourself,''Am I really concerned about Human life :?: For me,my answers are the ''Insurgents'' and ''Yes'' :!:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 1, 2006, 9:42 am

:) Imagine what the ''liberal media'' , the ''humanists'',the initial majority of ''supporters'' would say about anticipated 50% casualties and actually 20% casualties amongst the troops landing on the beaches of Normandy :!:
''Abandon the course'',''negotiate with Hitler'' :!: We are lucky that was not the case :!:

Scott

Post by Scott » September 1, 2006, 1:50 pm

Negotiation????? Ask Israel how far that has gotten them. These kind of people see no compromise in these wars(conflicts) occuring all over the world. There is only win or die. Negotiation is seen as a weekness and giving in to their demands is only strenghting their resolve.I think the 1990's was a good test. To see, if these techniques(negotiations) would work and they have obviously have not. We should of had a war on terrorism long before President Bush declared it. If it were not for the fact that their was a democratic President in office. If their had been a war on terrorism after all the incidents in the 1990's. I do not believe that 911 would have been able to have occur with the magnitude that it did. Ignorance is bliss and the American people just did not understand until 911. The media does not want people to believe that the American people endorse this war. But we do and we also elected President Bush to a second term!!!!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 1, 2006, 2:18 pm

:lol: Alright Scott,weigh on in,the water is fine :!: And before all the anti anti's jump in,let me inform them that Yes,Bush was ''elected'' to a second term.The ''educated'' electoral college,which are the voting reps for each state,cast the majority of votes for Bush.Many foreigners combine with the anti Bush Americans to proclaim that he wasn't elected by popular vote,so as far as they are concerned,he shouldn't be president.The constituition of the USA is not wriiten to that effect,no matter how much they wish it to be :!:
I agree that an earlier aggressive undertaking would have had a greater chance of success.Unfortunately the politicians of the times were the slick,polished,politically correct,poll watchers that were more qualified to work in the present form of the UN!

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”