Udon Thani Driving School

General Udon Thani topics only!
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 2, 2009, 3:21 pm

Udon Driving School is the first driver training school registered and certified by the department of transportation. Our goal is to provide the skills that allow you to be a safer and more confident driver. We provide professional coaches (male and female) at an affordable cost.
A certificate from our school will allow you to obtain a drivers license from the department of transportation with no need for further exams.
Certified by department of land & Ministry of Education & Transport

For information: Tel/Fax 042-322-500,
042-322-383
Open Hours: 08.00-17.00 (Daily)

68 Nongsai Rd., Nongbua, Maung, Udontanee 41000 Map X11

www.udondrivingschool.com
udon_driving_school.jpg
udon_driving_school.jpg (94.94 KiB) Viewed 10392 times

snowman
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Driving School

Post by snowman » March 3, 2009, 7:57 am

wow just what my TW wants when we move to UT in a year or less :badteeth:

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » March 3, 2009, 4:05 pm

My wife and her sister took the course here a couple of years ago, and I think they both learned a lot of practical things about driving and driving safety. I wish more drivers around here attended a driving school this good.

darlenehill19

Post by darlenehill19 » February 22, 2011, 4:29 pm

For information: Tel/Fax 042-322-500,
042-322-383
Open Hours: 08.00-17.00 (Daily)

68 Nongsai Rd., Nongbua, Maung, Udontanee 41000 Map X11
Is this information updated??
I am asking because their web link is broken and not working..
Plus do let me know the cost for 5 x driving courses [do apply discounts 8-[ ]
& We are interested in defense driving course

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » February 26, 2011, 8:01 pm

My wife said that the school is still there.

Garnet
udonmap.com

Post by Garnet » June 20, 2011, 8:58 pm

Rick, your wife was correct.

This question has probably been fully resolved for you by now, Darlene, but I just wanted to point out that the driving school has its own advertising page elsewhere on UdonMap: Udon Driving School.

For whatever reason, the school's own website that is provided there is different from the one given here in the forum's school introduction, and it functions as one would expect it to.

I just happened to be researching the school myself today, and this is how I came upon your enquiry about it.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 21, 2011, 8:13 am

Hi,
Agree with above they are very good. Wife took a course with them about 2 years ago. Now it nice to get driven around, she does not drink, so i can have a few bottles myself and let her drive back home.
Cheers Doug.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » June 21, 2011, 12:34 pm

Yes, they are very good.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 22, 2011, 8:40 am

I noted the above comments but i will say this having on oft times been followed by and following the cars from this school I have on more than one occasion seen and noted that the teaching of correct driving is not as good as it should be, now whether the student is exercising his/her skills to show the trainer or whether the trainer is just taking the money and doing bugger all teaching I have no idea, but the basics of indicating has been sadly lacking plus the inconsistency of negotiating a roundabout leaves a lot to be desired. While one must admit that Thai knowledge of roadcraft is at best sadly lacking even amongst the professionals ( police/fire/ambulance /bus drivers and others to name but a few ) a yteaching school should at least strive to instill in their students basics which can save lives and avert accidents. they may in fact do so but to my personal knowledge following these cars that does not appear to be the case.

I do not deliberately follow them but if they are in front and going the same way i resist the urge to pass but just follow to see what they do. I passed the entrance the other day and a car shot out with not even a glance towards other traffic and nearly caused an accident with another vehicle and carried on down the road, by the time they had got to the traffic lights, I noticed at least 6-7 errors in driving which would have alerted most people to the fact that behind the wheel was a complete idiot but it still carried on. it would seem no attempt was made to stop the car and put what should have been a trainer behind the wheel to halt the mayhem. But this is Thailand what does one expect.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 22, 2011, 9:14 am

Khun Paul wrote:................... But this is Thailand what does one expect.
If one expects it, why is one so surprised when it happens, and feel the compulsion for one to constantly come on here and whinge about it. :roll:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 22, 2011, 9:51 am

If one expects it, why is one so surprised when it happens, and feel the compulsion for one to constantly come on here and whinge about it.

BECAUSE OTHERS ARE EXTOLLING THE VIRTUES OF A COMPANY WHICH DOES NOT IN FACT DELIVER WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TOO, OK !!!!!!!

Take a minute to understand the whys not the whinge I am not whinging just telling it as it is, you don't like TOUGH !!!!!

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » June 22, 2011, 6:35 pm

My wife took the course at Udon Thani Driving School about 4 years ago. We were very pleased with the results and she is a very good driver to this day. She has never had an accident and often critisizes other Thai drivers who obviously do not posses her driving skills. Don't know if it was the school or her determination to pass my scrutinization and critique, but I'd have to give quite a bit of credit to the driving school. Our experience with them was very good.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 22, 2011, 7:14 pm

Someone passes a restaurant and the place looks horrible so he says the place sucks, or someone eats at the restaurant and says that the food is good. Up to you who to believe.
For me, given the choice of no on-the-road training and any, I'll take any any day.

If you want to fix 95% of the traffic nightmares around town, take the motorcycles off the road and you're there. Another 2 or 3 percent, take off the old 10-wheel delivery trucks. Another 1% the advertising trucks. The last 1% are bad personal vehicle (truck/car) drivers......and there's as many of those here as back in the US.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » June 22, 2011, 10:38 pm

I'm glad that there are some that feel the school helped.I spent 100's of hours teaching my ex-wife to drive and since I have taught several people over the years and consider myself a superb driver,I became so frustrated at her inability to learn,I sent her to this school a few years ago.She returned with a drivers licence,no increase in skills and as a matter of fact,her awareness skills of looking for merging traffic,signaling her intentions etc.completely disappeared!Still can not drive amongst regular public traffic,can't park or back up in the right direction.Couldn't back the car out of the driveway!
She did get good coaching for the written exam and when she passed it,she got a certificate that allowed her to get her licence from the LTO w/o any exams!
IMO,this school and its owners are connected to the LTO and a waste of money for someone with no or little driving experience!
I thought it would be great because they have a dual braking system,which is a must for taking my ex-wife into regular traffic.Even with that system,she did very little driving in regular traffic during the course.

The gal running the place is the owners daughter and has a great personality,though! :lol:

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 23, 2011, 3:17 pm

Hl,
IMO i think the practical driving test in Udon needs to be altered. At present when you take your test, you do not go out with the examiner on public roads, never mind in town. I think the test shoudld be conducted with the exam. sitting in the car with you and spending up to a half hour or so driving around the center of town, to test your driving skills. Like in most countries. When my Thai. wife took her test, she spent some time with the U.T.D.S. and it was very good. She was a bit nervious at first, but now she can drive very good, also, i think, better than a lot of farangs i have seen. i myself have held a advanced driving lic., back home saved me 25% on insurence for having this, and have a lic. to drive all types of motors inc. H.G.V.s, except P.S.V.. Did not wish to do that one. And have the Lic. to prove this. Only had to do a Medical to get my two Thai D.L.s. for car and bike, with my British Lic.
Because the test is not up to standard, you cannot blame the driver for this. He/she is doing just what is legal to get a lic. to drive. Also not so long ago you did not have to take a driving test in LOS. So you have people driving, with a lic., that have never taking a test. The country will get it right, giving time. It took Britain till the thirties to get it sorted out, and bring in tests. Mind you some of the driving is bad there, as i saw, the last time i visited the U.K..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 23, 2011, 4:35 pm

The pratical driving test is a JOKE, when I interviewed the dept of traffic on the Kohn Kaen Road about tests the reply to the question ' Why do you not teach on the road' was....It is too dangerous ................says it all really.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”