getting your wife to the uk

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
SideshowBob

getting your wife to the uk

Post by SideshowBob » July 24, 2011, 4:02 pm

ok so the Thai wedding went well honeymoon in bali was good everything going to plan at the moment

the wife came to the UK for a few weeks during songkran and loves everything about her new adopted country

now we are getting to the point where she we come over for a longer period

so the next step is marriage in the UK so eventually the UK passport/citizenship

so i'm after advice on the next steps to take

do i

1) go down the marriage visa route i believe we have a fairly strong case for straight forward visa approval

i.e i have a good job earning good money she just finishing a masters degree in eduction and intends to apply to become a teacher in the UK (she is very determined not to be a lady of leisure and earn her own money)

2) when she came to the UK she was issued a multi-entry visa which will still be valid when she graduates hence I'm thinking about bringing her over and marrying in the UK

is that a smart move or will that cause all sorts of problems

first hand advise on how you got your wife to the UK would be appreciated

splasher
udonmap.com

getting you wife to the uk

Post by splasher » July 24, 2011, 6:29 pm

My mate, a British national, got his wife over on a fiance visa and got married within the duration thereof. They then applied for a settlement visa apparently for two years. After that it is a 4 year visa and then an indefinite one. There was a delay by immigration in giving them the settlement visa and his missus had to leave the country for 4 months but things are now sorted.

Irishman
udonmap.com

Post by Irishman » July 25, 2011, 2:30 am

If you have registered your marriage at the amphour it is recognised under British Law and you need not get married again in the UK

Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » July 25, 2011, 4:41 am

Hi , I too have my Thai wife here in the uk , we have know each other three and a half years and she recieved her Indefinate visa in May this year . She has a been working full time and contributing to the Uk economy for almost two years now .

We went for marriage in Bangkok and a Thai blessing with the family in Udon , then spouse visa (27 months ) .

For your reference I have a good job also , so could support her until she found work and we have only a rented flat , but this met all the criteria .

We did get the "life in the Uk test " out of the way early , just in case there were any hicups .

Good Luck ... Apart from one of the immigration officers throwing her passport at her , for simply not finding something quick enough , everything went well and we have gone through two lots of winter snow adjusting well to the cold .

Good Luck

bubbles
udonmap.com

MUCH CHE MANTA HOTEL

Post by bubbles » July 25, 2011, 5:12 am

Has any one information on this hotel is it a new hotel ?? anyone stayed there any info would be appreciated
Thanks Bubbles

Return to “Relationships”