Looking for a decent broom in Udon

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » August 19, 2011, 7:54 am

Can anyone tell me if I can buy a decent yard broom in Udon, in all the years I've been here I've never seen one. Sent the wife out yesterday to buy one and she came back with something a witch would ride on......

Like this one would be good.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 19, 2011, 9:23 am

Have seen this type of broom at Global House...

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 19, 2011, 10:25 am

I wemt down this road a few years ago and confirm Global, as per the picture

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » August 19, 2011, 12:45 pm

Was in there yesterday, the assistant showed me a small short bristled broom but it's not up to good yard brushing. Was told it was the only one they sell.

papaguido, does the broom you show have stiff decent bristles?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 19, 2011, 12:54 pm

Chriss

yes it does, a good yard broom for sure .

Tool Pro might be an option, ?????

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 19, 2011, 6:24 pm

Chriss wrote:Was in there yesterday, the assistant showed me a small short bristled broom but it's not up to good yard brushing. Was told it was the only one they sell.

papaguido, does the broom you show have stiff decent bristles?
I recall they were good quality "push" brooms perfect for sweeping concrete floors. Anyway, probably out of stock or just not carried any more.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » August 19, 2011, 9:14 pm

Need to drop into Homepro again tomorrow, will have another look

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 26, 2012, 2:25 pm

papaguido wrote:Have seen this type of broom at Global House...

FYI...

The above type of broom (push broom) have been restocked at Global House.

Flashman
udonmap.com

Post by Flashman » January 26, 2012, 9:13 pm

Is this thread for real?

Where can I buy a broom? LOL!!! :roll:

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 26, 2012, 9:25 pm

Flashman wrote:Is this thread for real?

Unless you live in Thailand (you might, but from the tone of your message, I think not) and understand what the Thai's call a broom, it might be hard to figure out why this thread exists. Believe me, simple things you would assume are universal are not. ;) I have spent countless hours and visits trying to find an oven thermometer, like you can find in about any store in the US, including grocery stores. Still no go, and many deer in headlight looks from the Thai's when they are asked for one.

KB

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 27, 2012, 4:24 am

KB_Texas wrote:
Flashman wrote:Is this thread for real?

Unless you live in Thailand (you might, but from the tone of your message, I think not) and understand what the Thai's call a broom, it might be hard to figure out why this thread exists. Believe me, simple things you would assume are universal are not. ;) I have spent countless hours and visits trying to find an oven thermometer, like you can find in about any store in the US, including grocery stores. Still no go, and many deer in headlight looks from the Thai's when they are asked for one.

KB
At the risk of this sounding "unreal" :roll: , like the availability of western style debris gathering devises. Amorn Electronics (ground floor old Big C) has a digital thermometer with probe, timer and temperature alarm, 350bt. Bought it, used it and it works. They're kept in a glass display cabinet near the service counter, only 2 left.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » January 27, 2012, 5:04 am

I vote we nominate Papaguido the Ralph Nader of Thailand. For those of you who do not know of Mr. Nader, he is a famous consumer advocate in the US. I have saved countless hours of searching due to Rito's knowledge of where things are in Udon. Many, many thanks....
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 27, 2012, 6:37 am

Thanks Papa...I did find those, but they are made more for reading the temp of food in the oven. I want one of those that attach to the rack and constantly show the oven temp. The oven I have has no way to know the temperature, so you end up with burnt or underdone food when you guess where to put the flame dial. (seriously, it has a flame icon that goes from small orange to large red as the control) I will probably end up bringing 2 back with me from the US in April. ;)

And yeah, while I would not wish the title of Nader on you, I too appreciate your sharing of knowledge. :) You've helped me many times. Thanks!

KB

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 27, 2012, 6:54 am

I've also seen the type you're looking for. Not sure, but I think maybe Tops market, far wall near frozen foods, there's small section of kitchen gadgets.

Dudde
udonmap.com

Post by Dudde » January 27, 2012, 9:13 pm

Lots of people always say theyr looking for small items such as oven temperatures, saltgrinders etc etc. Serious if you havent found them after a couple of months why not just buy them from ebay or a similar site?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 27, 2012, 11:13 pm

"Serious if you havent found them after a couple of months why not just buy them from ebay or a similar site?

I'd say better than 90% of the things you need are available in Udon.......the problem is finding out where it's sold. A simple or a not-so-simple spring......a gasket......a specialty plumbing item......velcro in all sizes......desiccant.....strange chemicals......carbon granules.......get a hole rethreaded, or the guy that repairs wrap-around zippers on your suitcase for a hundred baht. They're all in Udon....if you know where to go.

As for those oven thermometers, try the baking store in between Siam Commercial Bank and Bangkok Bank.....or the more industrial baking store on the ring road near Farod's Restaurant.....I think they used to advertise on Udonmap.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 28, 2012, 7:33 am

Thanks parrot...I will look at those places for baking supplies and see what they carry. I am also still looking for a decent cookie sheet that will not warp almost instantly. (very thin ones carried by Tesco, Robinsons, etc)

As for the thermometer, thanks to one of our members, that problem is solved. He happened to have one sitting in a drawer, and offered to give it to me. :D

But it is frustrating trying to find things here. You know they exist, but which store carries them? I think a forum similar to Where to Eat called Where to Buy Things would be very useful, especially with map references. Sub-headers like Hardware, Kitchen Supplies, Baking Supplies, Plumbing Supplies, etc., with phone numbers and business hours, etc. would be most useful. It could also be a good lead generator for UdonMap. ;)

KB

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 28, 2012, 7:38 am

I agree KB - great idea. =D>

Lee?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 28, 2012, 12:17 pm

Sounds like a good idea KB, I'll give it a whirl...

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”