Obama v Romney debate

General Udon Thani topics only!
WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by WBU ALUM » October 5, 2012, 10:29 am

Erica wrote:Everywhere i go, i am hearing about the election this year. Lots of hateful ads, attacking each others and stuffs. its just nasty. However, i watched the debate last night and i would say Romney was slightly better than Obama in terms of speaking. Romney has been screwing up for during the whole campaign and he got his **** together last night. But he was just attacking Obama but Obama didn't fight back. I am just so amazed Pres. Obama didn't mention the "47 percent" "Bain", or Romneys offshore accounts in Cayman Islands, and why Romney is not releasing his tax returns. Maybe that was Obama's strategy. Not to attack and keep things smart and simple.
Attacking Obama, or attacking his policies?

Romney released his tax returns. If Romney's offshore accounts were illegal, he'd be in jail.

Your 47% reference has already been explained by Romney, and that particular recording of Romney's reference has already been exposed for being edited. It's missing about 2 minutes, and David Corn admitted it. Had Obama brought it up again, Romney would just have given the same explanation again.

You will continue to be amazed. Obama is not on the campaign trail speaking to a crowd and without cameras most of the time. He is on national television in a debate where his claims will be challenged. He's not used to that, which is why he had little or no response. And the moderator isn't there to rescue Obama. If Obama is caught embellishing in a debate, it is much different than going unchallenged on the campaign trail and just whipping a crowd into a frenzy.

The difference between Obama in 2008 and Obama in 2012 is that Obama had no record in 2008. He could say anything and promise anything and never give a single detail about how he would do it. In 2012, Obama has a record that is difficult to defend.

wilson_smith
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by wilson_smith » October 5, 2012, 11:09 am

I follow this everyday, it is a reflection of the leadership of the USA: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?From=USD&To=THB&Amount=1

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 5, 2012, 2:42 pm

parrot wrote:Nice 'quote' there gudty. Can you cite a source (verified)?
Best I can gather it is from the Czech Republic Observer. Sometimes the view is a little clearer from the outside looking in. :D
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

parrot
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by parrot » October 5, 2012, 2:55 pm

"Czech Republic Observer"

There seems to be no information to back that up.....other than a viral email that uses them as the source.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by WBU ALUM » October 5, 2012, 3:15 pm

gudtymchuk wrote:"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of Idiots such as those who made him their president."
I don't care who said it. I agree with it.

I've seen it before and didn't care where it came from then. It makes perfect sense.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 5, 2012, 3:17 pm

parrot wrote:"Czech Republic Observer"

There seems to be no information to back that up.....other than a viral email that uses them as the source.
As I said, I only gathered after a google search myself the source might be the Czech Republic Observer. Regardless of the source, seems to be a well thought out synopsis on the current political divide.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by papaguido » October 5, 2012, 3:29 pm

No sh*t, what's the source have to with it...unless it goes against the rules for posting :lol: :lol:

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 5, 2012, 3:29 pm

You gotta love Al Gore. His defense of the POTUS debate debacle was, get this, the high altitude of Denver...It was the altitude. Yeah, that's it, the mile high Denver air made him do it...

parrot
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by parrot » October 5, 2012, 3:36 pm

I've nothing against the post with no quote, but a quote is a quote, and it'd be nice to attribute it to someone. If it's from Rush or Hannity, I have a special filing bin under my desk for their quotes.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KHONDAHM » October 5, 2012, 5:14 pm

Seems Myth Robme's supporters on this board are following the lead of their fuhrer -oops!- leader during the debates. Heck, just make tihs up.

Making tihs up during the debate is clearly what threw Obama off his game. He prepared to debate Myth's positions as stated and well documented during this campaign, but Myth chucked almost all that out the window and pandered to the audience of 50M based on what the polls are now saying is or is not popular. Zero integrity. Zero.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 5, 2012, 5:25 pm

KHONDAHM wrote:Seems Myth Robme's supporters on this board are following the lead of their fuhrer -oops!- leader during the debates. Heck, just make tihs up.

Making tihs up during the debate is clearly what threw Obama off his game. He prepared to debate Myth's positions as stated and well documented during this campaign, but Myth chucked almost all that out the window and pandered to the audience of 50M based on what the polls are now saying is or is not popular. Zero integrity. Zero.
Typical for you as usual. When you cannot win the argument on merit you revert to name calling talking points blather....

Buckeroo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Buckeroo » October 5, 2012, 5:49 pm

KHONDAHM wrote:Seems Myth Robme's supporters on this board are following the lead of their fuhrer -oops!- leader during the debates. Heck, just make tihs up.

Is there no limit to your excuses? Obama was finally put a situation where he had to rely on his wits and his record. Both failed him.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 5, 2012, 5:56 pm

[-X It was the AIR, Khondahm.... Your Messiah Lite, Al Gore said so :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KHONDAHM » October 6, 2012, 4:11 am

Since the first televised Presidential debate, there were 7 involving the incumbent (including current debate). All except ONE incumbent President (Dole v Clinton, 1996) lost the first debate to the challenger. Of those settled 6 Presidential races, 3 incumbents lost and 3 incumbents went on to win a 2nd term. So what does Obama's loss tell us about Robme's chances? Nothing.

Source:
"History favors the challenger in first debates" segment
Rachel Maddow Show aired Oct. 4, 2012 on MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49296606
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 6, 2012, 7:14 am

Oh no, Clint was right!
Attachments
121015_2012_p465.jpg

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”