Guinea Hens

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Rich Becker
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Rich Becker » September 8, 2012, 2:32 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy Guinea Hens around Udon?? They are about size of a chicken, have grey and white mottled body with kind of orange comb on the head. Not a very pretty bird but I have seen many times in Thailand. Appreciate your help, Rich

Jello
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Jello » September 9, 2012, 5:20 am

I've never seen these before, maybe a picture my jog someones memory if they've seen them but don't know the name.

I read their good for pest control. Is that what you want to use them for?

UFF DA!

parrot
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by parrot » September 9, 2012, 9:51 am

Rich, I sent you a pm with a phone number. Check your inbox.

Rich Becker
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Rich Becker » September 9, 2012, 1:58 pm

Hi, I checked Inbox but did not see message? Could you send again to [email protected] THANKS Rich

parrot
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by parrot » September 9, 2012, 2:56 pm

done!

Billg
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Billg » September 11, 2012, 10:39 pm

Hi,
What pests do they deter and do they free range or do they need to be in a pen. Also are they good to eat and ldo the eggs taste good. Thanks in advance to serious answers...
Bill

BIGAL
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by BIGAL » September 11, 2012, 10:47 pm

If you find a supplier, I am interested to buy as well. I have been looking for guinea fowl for 2 years now in Udon. Please pm me the contact number.

You need to keep them in a holding pen for about 3 months feeding them daily, after that you can release them and they will return every evening. I do not suggest them for those living in town as they do make a noise early mornings!

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Tracechain » September 12, 2012, 4:33 am

I grew up right next to a dairy farm and they had a small flock of these yard birds. Didn't need any barking dogs, they made one heck of a racket whenever someone came up the drive or whenever they managed to get hit by a BB.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by karonsteve » September 13, 2012, 12:03 am

Both the meat and eggs are good to eat.

I know gamekeepers in the UK who mix a few Guinea Fowl in with their pheasants as they are good at making a lot of noise when threatened by people, foxes etc.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by bigsnake » April 22, 2013, 11:09 am

Rich Becker wrote:Hi, I checked Inbox but did not see message? Could you send again to [email protected] THANKS Rich
Rich did you get your Guinea Hens? ;)

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Mudguard » August 28, 2013, 2:04 pm

Rich.......We have guinea fowls in Swang Daen Din..on our farm. They breed like rats.They have a habit of laying eggs and the other chickens hatch them. We are looking after 12 guinea chicks and they sure rip through the garden eating anything that moves...they have another 20 eggs that other chickens are sitting on now...
Rich...if you have not yet got..I can supply when my chicks get older..Cheers Mudguard..

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by bigsnake » October 8, 2013, 7:33 pm

Mudguard wrote:Rich.......We have guinea fowls in Swang Daen Din..on our farm. They breed like rats.They have a habit of laying eggs and the other chickens hatch them. We are looking after 12 guinea chicks and they sure rip through the garden eating anything that moves...they have another 20 eggs that other chickens are sitting on now...
Rich...if you have not yet got..I can supply when my chicks get older..Cheers Mudguard..
Mudguard, do know if they will eat SNAKES, I have seen a few SLITHERING around my yard. If so please PM me I will buy 4 of them. THANKS!! BIG SNAKE.
BTW: No FEAR of BIG SNAKES, just the small ones you don't see until you darn near step on it.

JohnWayne
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by JohnWayne » October 9, 2013, 12:04 am

I have been searching everywhere for guinea fowl, how can I reach you as I will buy 10 - 20 off you please? I will collect too, let me know?

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Mudguard » October 13, 2013, 1:15 pm

Hi J.W. I am in Australia until the 27th when I will return to my village at Ban That. We have 11 young ones now running around in our yard about 10 weeks old. Send me email to ( [email protected]) with your contact details n I will speak with you on return..Cheers Mudguard

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Mudguard » October 13, 2013, 1:17 pm

Hi Big snake... Yes, they eat anything they can fit in...

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by bigsnake » October 16, 2013, 7:36 pm

Mudguard wrote:Hi J.W. I am in Australia until the 27th when I will return to my village at Ban That. We have 11 young ones now running around in our yard about 10 weeks old. Send me email to ( [email protected]) with your contact details n I will speak with you on return..Cheers Mudguard
Mudguard, PM me when you return I to would like to buy a couple of Guinea Hens.
CHEERS Enjoy your visit DOWNUNDER! ;)

Rich Becker
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Rich Becker » October 18, 2013, 12:47 pm

Mudguard wrote:Rich.......We have guinea fowls in Swang Daen Din..on our farm. They breed like rats.They have a habit of laying eggs and the other chickens hatch them. We are looking after 12 guinea chicks and they sure rip through the garden eating anything that moves...they have another 20 eggs that other chickens are sitting on now...
Hi, I have been trying to contact you about your birds, I want to come and get some from you. Please send me an E mail at [email protected] Rich

Rich Becker
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Rich Becker » October 18, 2013, 12:50 pm

Hi, I have been trying to contact you to get some if you still have, please reply to me at rbkr39@zoho,com Thanks Rich

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens

Post by Mudguard » October 21, 2013, 10:12 am

Rich... I am in Australia n will be back next Sunday..I have sent you mail on the site you gave me but, no go?
I have sold all my chicks now and will let you know when the others are big enough... Cheers Mudguard..

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Guinea Hens for sale.

Post by Mudguard » February 6, 2014, 8:02 am

I now have 5 hens for sale...0ne adult male ( femail killed by dog ) and four at 7 months old...Sell for BHT 400,00 each.
If anyone interested please contact here or by email ( [email protected] )

Cheers...Mudguard.. Sawang Daen Din.

Return to “Notice Board”