Extention at Imm. Retirement.

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 27, 2013, 8:04 pm

"Retirement visas" (actually, a visa extension based on retirement) using the combined (income + money in the Thai bank) method has been standard for many years.

It is certainly nothing new.

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » January 6, 2014, 9:51 am

I should go in tomorrow to do my yearly retirement extension. If I'm reading some of the above posts correctly, I ~do not~ need to go out and get passport photos for the TM 7 any more. Correct?

I tested my new Yellow Book on my last 90 reporting, and that went great. This will be my first Extension with my new Yellow Book.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 6, 2014, 10:16 am

Its my understanding that you still need to have a passport photo along with your TM7 application.
It was certainly the case in September when I extended on the basis of Retirement in Udon.
There was a place in Central that used to do passport photos,15 for 150 baht.....keep you going till your 80 ! ;)
Dont forget to draw your map from the Immigration Office to your home.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » January 6, 2014, 10:32 am

What is the map for? never been asked for this all the years I have been doing retirement extensions, marriage ones yes.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 6, 2014, 11:18 am

Gar wrote:I should go in tomorrow to do my yearly retirement extension. If I'm reading some of the above posts correctly, I ~do not~ need to go out and get passport photos for the TM 7 any more. Correct?

I tested my new Yellow Book on my last 90 reporting, and that went great. This will be my first Extension with my new Yellow Book.
In all the years I have had a yellow book immigration have never wanted it . :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 6, 2014, 11:58 am

Yes, when I did mine 2 weeks ago we needed one photo for the TM7 and one for the TM8 (multiple re-entry if you get that).. We gave them copies of the wife's Tabian Ban so I'm sure you could use your Yellow book instead of that. They did not ask us for a map..
Dave

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 7, 2014, 11:26 am

Went in this morning at 9:30. I was the only one there (other then the immigration police and staff). The officer said yesterday they were lined up outside the door. Just never know how busy they are going to be from one day to the next.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » January 7, 2014, 11:39 am

In my experience Never go on a monday or friday or just before and just after a government holiday

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 8, 2014, 11:45 am

There was a place in Central that used to do passport photos,15 for 150 baht.....keep you going till your 80 !
are you sure ? i thought the pictures could not be older than 6 months.... :?:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 8, 2014, 1:24 pm

passport and visa photos can be had at a shop about a block away from immigration at the intersection just south of the jail..
Dave

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » January 8, 2014, 1:36 pm

A MAP<>I have provided a Map to my place for the PAST Five years and NOT ONCE have I had a visit from those RASCALS!

HMMMMMMM!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 8, 2014, 1:47 pm

kopkei wrote:There was a place in Central that used to do passport photos,15 for 150 baht.....keep you going till your 80 !
are you sure ? i thought the pictures could not be older than 6 months.... :?:
6 months old is the regulation, but as long as the photo is a like resemblance of your current self, no one is going to say anything about it. I've been using my batch for 4 years and each time the clerk comments that "I am a hansum man"!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 8, 2014, 2:29 pm

You p[rovide a map in case your house has moved...... :D :D :D

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Extention at Imm. Retirement.

Post by Gar » January 9, 2014, 6:28 pm

trubrit wrote: In all the years I have had a yellow book immigration have never wanted it . :roll:
I did need a photo. I guess all the documents are not computerized yet. Seems so much simplier to just put a camera on the office computer and grab a photo while you do data entry. Oh well, maybe in a few decades.

So I take it you use something else for your residence paperwork? They don't "ask" for my YB, I supply a copy instead of a lease or rental document to show my local address.

I'm also hoping to test out using my YB to buy a scooter in the near future without resorting to a Resident Certificate like I had to do for the last two scooters I bought.

Sent from my too expensive Samsung tablet.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2014, 10:36 pm

I have done marriage extensions the past couple of years in Udon Thani and each time the officer has recommended I do a retirement extension as it is a lot easier and quicker. I will be taking her up on the offer next week. I will bring the same tome of paperwork but won't be bringing the wife and son as I understand she only needs to present herself for the marriage extension, correct?

So passport with copies of the original enabling Non-O visa and each subsequent extension-related stamp and current TM6 landing card.
Completed TM7 form with passport pics (one extra pic for the re-entry permit that I will need), original and copy of proof of income letter, local bank statement, yellow book, wife's ID, wife's blue book and a map.

I won't be doing the proof of seasoned funds in local bank as the proof of income letter and local bank statement should suffice as it has done for the previous two extensions.

That about it?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 27, 2014, 10:08 am

tamada wrote:I have done marriage extensions the past couple of years in Udon Thani and each time the officer has recommended I do a retirement extension as it is a lot easier and quicker. I will be taking her up on the offer next week. I will bring the same tome of paperwork but won't be bringing the wife and son as I understand she only needs to present herself for the marriage extension, correct?

So passport with copies of the original enabling Non-O visa and each subsequent extension-related stamp and current TM6 landing card.
Completed TM7 form with passport pics (one extra pic for the re-entry permit that I will need), original and copy of proof of income letter, local bank statement, yellow book, wife's ID, wife's blue book and a map.

I won't be doing the proof of seasoned funds in local bank as the proof of income letter and local bank statement should suffice as it has done for the previous two extensions.

That about it?
Tamada, if you have the required income by using the Income Affidavit, I don't think I would confuse and complicate matters by producing a bank statement. If you're using monthly income plus money in the bank to meet the requirement, then that's okay. I've done the retirement extension for three years now and the Income Affidavit has always been sufficient with no questions asked.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Tango Sierra
udonmap.com

Post by Tango Sierra » January 27, 2014, 8:00 pm

Completed my Permission to Stay on the 13th of this month documents needed
copy of passport photo page
copy of Original Visa
copy of extension releated stamp
copy of departure card
copy of yellow book
original proof of income ltr
map to house
TM 7/photo
only required 1 copy of everthing, did not have any of the TW info or house blue book and was not asked. In and out in 10 minutes

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Extention at Imm. Retirement.

Post by Gar » December 16, 2015, 12:57 pm

Just dropped off my extension paperwork this morning, using only the US Embassy letter. No bank statements, bank book, or any other financial supporting documents, and had no problem with getting my 30 pending stamp.

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » December 16, 2015, 1:47 pm

Tango Sierra wrote:Completed my Permission to Stay on the 13th of this month documents needed
copy of passport photo page
copy of Original Visa
copy of extension releated stamp
copy of departure card
copy of yellow book
original proof of income ltr
map to house
TM 7/photo
only required 1 copy of everthing, did not have any of the TW info or house blue book and was not asked. In and out in 10 minutes
Submitted my paperwork yesterday and was asked for all the above.
the officer went through everything with a fine tooth comb, even got his Calandar out to check the exact amount of days the finances were in the bank for
But he was pleasant enough so no complaints from me

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » December 16, 2015, 1:57 pm

Today I have just had the quickest retirment renewal ever 15 mins from walking in to walking out, well done Udon Imm.

malc123

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”