The future of Thai Democratie ???

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
cookie
udonmap.com

The future of Thai Democratie ???

Post by cookie » January 2, 2007, 3:59 pm

I read this letter in The Nation.
First I was rather shocked.
After reading it a second time,
I was thinking: "there is some truth in what this guy is writing."
And now I am wondering if the name of the writer (Tosakan) is a Thai name??
This is a readers comment posted to the Nation under the article "Defining the future of Thai Democracy".

from the Nation:

Tosakan 02/01/2007 09:09

What is with The Nation? All these dudes can do is bitch and complain. Thaksin is no good, so you got rid of him. The Generals also suck, so get rid of them. The Old Guard sucks, the New Guard sucks. Everybody sucks, except the editorial staff at The Nation, who seem to have the prescience of a hundred enlightened Buddhas. Maybe The Nation should take a hard look at the real culprits of all these political shenanigans. Perhaps it is the Thai people who suck; they are cruel, greedy, lazy, superficial and stupid, so they don't deserve democracy and political freedom, because they can't handle their democratic responsibilities. They deserve Thaksin and the generals, because for the last 800 years they have proven that they can't govern themselves. Thais are like lazy, good for nothing children who need a harsh but loving parent to whip their asses in shape, because in the real world, they fall flat on their faces.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 6, 2007, 8:04 pm

They deserve Thaksin and the generals, because for the last 800 years they have proven that they can't govern themselves. Thais are like lazy, good for nothing children who need a harsh but loving parent to whip their asses in shape, because in the real world, they fall flat on their faces.
Unfortunately this is the real world and not Utopia,but the Thais,nor anyone else, deservethe manipulation that they have been subject to over the years!
The Thais are basically funloving carefree country folk fragmented into villages(tribes)with a easy going lifestyle that has been overpowered by the more industrious foreigners that took over and run their country.They are ignorant and kept that way to control them!
They are going through the transition of trying to live by old values while being bombarded by the values from nonThais,which makes them seem like children as the process happens!
The shame of it all,is that greed has encroached itself into their society and being uneducated they don't know how to deal with it ! They are naturally frustrated and resentful!The problem is that the elites policies has setup them and the falangs!They are being cheated and perverted and we falangs are the scapegoats as we played in ''setup'' playpen![/b]

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”