Dinosaurs r us goes ape....... again!

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 18, 2014, 8:42 am

President Obama ditches part of what is one of the biggest failures (of some 50 + years) in US foreign policy and the usual suspects fill their diapers and throw their toys out of their prams - Quelle surprise!

What a truly sad, pathetic and vindictive bunch of losers.
The flood of kneejerk Pavlovian responses to the story in the comment sections across the US media have been a wonder to behold and demonstrate once again (if any demonstration was needed) just how partisan and detached from reality US politics has become :-k

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 18, 2014, 9:48 am

Oh goodie (dinosaur speak).......finally someone brave enough to make the move that should have been made long ago.....certainly in the last 25 years.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 18, 2014, 6:07 pm

“It’s part of a long record of coddling dictators and tyrants that this administration has established,” Rubio said on Fox News

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/m ... z3MFKp1oAf

I thought coddling right wing dictators WAS American policy at least in the 20th century? Good to see that equality is spreading ......

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 18, 2014, 6:12 pm

Something went wrong with the 2nd part of my post -

was just commenting that i thought it was American policy to coddle dictators, as long as they were right wing .....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 20, 2014, 5:58 am

I'd be worried if I was a Cuban commie. The US individual Kong is about to climb into the Cuban pram. My days ruling the pram with my commie mates might be over when American $ start sloshing around. I should rev up the paranoid American right to get the Americans to retreat back home.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » December 20, 2014, 6:49 am

Give it another 15-20 years and the average Cuban worker will be looking back fondly at the days when he didn't have to work so hard to pay off his health insurance bill. These Republicans ought to be overjoyed at the prospects. :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 20, 2014, 8:42 am

rjj04 wrote:Give it another 15-20 years and the average Cuban worker will be looking back fondly at the days when he didn't have to work so hard to pay off his health insurance bill. These Republicans ought to be overjoyed at the prospects. :lol:
Yeah and I'd guess the Vietnamese and Chinese look back on the good old days as well. Those were the days, my friend.........

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 20, 2014, 11:41 am

I don't understand what the big problem is. The US has embassies in Middle East countries that celebrated and partied 9/11. Countries where most of the people absolutely despise us and our way of life. Are the Castro brothers any different than other dictators? It's past time to get over it.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » December 20, 2014, 1:10 pm

parrot wrote:
rjj04 wrote:Give it another 15-20 years and the average Cuban worker will be looking back fondly at the days when he didn't have to work so hard to pay off his health insurance bill. These Republicans ought to be overjoyed at the prospects. :lol:
Yeah and I'd guess the Vietnamese and Chinese look back on the good old days as well. Those were the days, my friend.........
Do we have a sense of humour Mr. Parrot? The irony of the situation is glaringly obvious.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/on_ ... +Headlines

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 20, 2014, 1:26 pm

One element that has been almost completely absent from the “discussion” about Cuba over the last few days is its history prior to the Cuban revolution.

While the Castros are certainly no Saints, Cuba before Castro could not exactly be described as a shining beacon of democracy :-k

For those who do are not familiar with the history of Cuba prior to Castro, this article on Batista, who headed the corrupt and repressive regime, before it was overthrown and replaced by another corrupt and repressive regime, should provide some informative background - plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ](*,)
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 20, 2014, 4:19 pm

Just at the same time this thread was started OT was/is reading a book called "The Sink" by Jeffrey Robertson. The first quarter of the reading gives a factual insight as to how the Mafia together with banks, lawyers and accountants were running the whole black finance system from Cuba prior to Castro and what Castro did to the system when he took over.
If anyone is interested.
the sink.jpg
the sink.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
OT.............. \:D/

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 20, 2014, 5:07 pm

old-timer wrote:.... OT was/is reading a book called "The Sink" by Jeffrey Robertson. The first quarter of the reading gives a factual insight as to how the Mafia together with banks, lawyers and accountants were running the whole black finance system from Cuba prior to Castro and what Castro did to the system when he took over....
Thanks for info, another one for the "to read" list.

Jeffrey Robinson is a US author who has been described by the British Bankers' Association as "the world's leading financial crime author" - and they should know :oops:

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”