Riding Hwy 22

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
bumper
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by bumper » January 3, 2015, 6:19 pm

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 3, 2015, 6:47 pm

Death Highway? Guess so with all the illegal passing and high speeds.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by jackspratt » January 3, 2015, 7:59 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Death Highway? Guess so with all the illegal passing and high speeds.
Astute observation MS.

Sometimes it is too easy to be critical of just Thai motor bike riders. :-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by old-timer » January 3, 2015, 8:26 pm

I thought we was going to see a motorcyclist get splattered the way he was riding. Obviously never had any training on how to ride a motorcycle or the Highway Code because that is a diabolical way to ride a motorcycle.

OT....... \:D/

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by BossHogg69 » January 4, 2015, 9:41 am

Speeds seem very moderate to me and I didn't see any illegal overtaking, just a normal drive on a thai road, looked very steady to me, nice day out.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 4, 2015, 9:45 am

Overtaking on the left? Over taking on the right while oncoming traffic is present making it like threading a needle? Speeding to catch up to the lead bikes? Maybe I was watching a different video.

Macca
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by Macca » January 4, 2015, 9:48 am

BossHogg69 wrote:Speeds seem very moderate to me and I didn't see any illegal overtaking, just a normal drive on a thai road, looked very steady to me, nice day out.
Coming from a guy who is totally anti wearing a safety helmet this makes sense.
To the rest of the world some of the manoeuvres on the video are just stupid and accidents waiting to happen.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by BossHogg69 » January 4, 2015, 9:55 am

Most of you have clearly never riden a big bike in anger and are purely BOF"s arm chair experts!!!!!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 4, 2015, 10:00 am

Owned a Harley Heritage soft tail in 1989. And I never rode in anger, riding in anger can only cause bad things to happen.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2015, 10:07 am

BossHogg69 wrote:Speeds seem very moderate to me and I didn't see any illegal overtaking, just a normal drive on a thai road, looked very steady to me, nice day out.
Interesting thoughts, coming from a guy who (in a different life) said this:
Air Horns
The more people that give these idiots on bikes with no concern for any other road user a good wake up call the better!

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/a ... 25571.html
and this:
Drives me MAD !!
......... they are total ignorant pratts who should have their licences revoked, if they have one at all, there is a highway code here but I bet 99.9% have never heard of it let alone read it!

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p314325
:-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by old-timer » January 4, 2015, 10:27 am

jackspratt wrote:
Interesting thoughts, coming from a guy who (in a different life) said this:
Air Horns
The more people that give these idiots on bikes with no concern for any other road user a good wake up call the better!

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/a ... 25571.html
and this:
Drives me MAD !!
......... they are total ignorant pratts who should have their licences revoked, if they have one at all, there is a highway code here but I bet 99.9% have never heard of it let alone read it!

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p314325
:-k
Oh dear, a hypocritical -------- has been rumbled.

OT............... \:D/

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by BossHogg69 » January 4, 2015, 10:54 am

You are a total jerk head and these bikes on the video rode wel,l it is the pratts on the little bikes with no idea that are the problem, clearly you cannot see the difference, get back to your zimmer frame.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by BossHogg69 » January 4, 2015, 10:55 am

merchant seaman wrote:Owned a Harley Heritage soft tail in 1989. And I never rode in anger, riding in anger can only cause bad things to happen.
How can you drive a harley in anger it is a piece of agricultural crap.

Macca
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by Macca » January 4, 2015, 12:57 pm

BossHogg69 wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:Owned a Harley Heritage soft tail in 1989. And I never rode in anger, riding in anger can only cause bad things to happen.
How can you drive a harley in anger it is a piece of agricultural crap.
Out of curiosity what make is the bike in the video? Don't know my Scoopy from my Wave.
Looks like some kind of wanna be chopper Harley type to me, especially as the rider has stage name across his jacket.

Hornet6

Riding Hwy 22

Post by Hornet6 » January 4, 2015, 6:34 pm

Each to their own, there decision as to how to ride, they are in control of there own destiny.
As a rider with 50 years of experience from a broad range of 1960 British twin/singles thru to Jap twins/fours including Fireblades.
These riders are an accident waiting to happen!
Strays dogs for example

fatbob
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by fatbob » January 4, 2015, 7:47 pm

I didnt see anything in the vid that looked outrages to me, if you ride a big bike in Thailand it is safest to be agressive otherwise you will get mowed down, a lot of comments from people who have no idea about riding, to be expected from the old fogys club!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2015, 8:05 pm

coxo wrote:I didnt see anything in the vid that looked outrages to me, if you ride a big bike in Thailand it is safest to be agressive otherwise you will get mowed down, a lot of comments from people who have no idea about riding, to be expected from the old fogys club!
I wouldn't have taken exception to Ray's post, other than the fact that he chose to title it "nother death hwy". In my view, based on the evidence in the video, both the "featured" riders could have been equally responsible for any deaths that (fortunately, did not) occur.

I guess riding sensibly gets us into the "old fogys (sic) club". :D

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 4, 2015, 8:23 pm

Having riden motorcycles of all sizes safely for 50 years. The only safe way to ride any where is defensively and by no means is driving agressively safe or even smart. And that could be one reason I'm still an alive old fogy.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by fatbob » January 4, 2015, 8:50 pm

Your a member of the old Fogys club JS, possibly even the President, riding defensivly in Thailand, no way, asking for trouble unless you are on a scotter, you will get mowed down on any of the highways, all the boys I ride with go hard because it is safest unless you want a truck to flatten you!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2015, 8:57 pm

coxo wrote:Your a member of the old Fogys club JS, possibly even the President, riding defensivly in Thailand, no way, asking for trouble unless you are on a scotter, you will get mowed down on any of the highways, all the boys I ride with go hard because it is safest unless you want a truck to flatten you!
coxo, hopefully your sense of observation is clearer when you are riding with "all the boys" than when you are reading posts here.

When I am riding my "scotter" (whatever the fuuck that is), I ride sensibly - which I believe is what I said in my post. ;)

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”