Radical Islam (opinion)

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Aardvark
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Aardvark » January 11, 2015, 6:25 am

I agree it's time to stop trying to appease these People. Stop Immigration for a start .....http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/radical ... 7178804093.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by merchant seaman » January 11, 2015, 7:06 am

Just send them to the States, a sympathetic Obama will wlecome them with welfare and work permits.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

MALC
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by MALC » January 11, 2015, 7:18 am

it should never have been started for these. animals.we have thai;s philipeno;s chinese. indians.jews. they all come to the uk work fit in do not cause problems for yrs.dont claime benefits or scam.i can call my wife a thai. or i can say i know a ******. or i know a phipino.no problem.i call a paki a paki.i get arrested.pakis just want to scam and claim benefits.its their culture.make them take their ideas back to their desert;we can not go to a church in their country. there are none.if we carry a bible our heads get chopped off.its a fact.so don't say i am being offensive.its the truth.our cultures will never mix.i will put my bin liner on now. I'm off to bed.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by BossHogg69 » January 11, 2015, 7:51 am

Well said Malc, I second that 100%

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by marjamlew » January 11, 2015, 8:13 am

Aardvark wrote:I agree it's time to stop trying to appease these People. Stop Immigration for a start .....http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/radical ... 7178804093.
I think the horse has bolted on the immigration issue Aardy. But what to do with the Muslims that are already here? We need a solution. Maybe a final solution! Or do we just round em up for internment and then repatriation? Seeing that all religions have their share of fundamentalist nuts who love a bit of terrorism I think we should only let atheists immigrate from here on in. Or maybe just round up anyone who declared any religion on their last census paper and put them all up against the wall. I'd put me hand up to be on the squad and it would make Australia a better place for sure. What do ya reckon? :confused:
Watch Me!!

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Asiaphile » January 11, 2015, 9:17 am

Might another Bergen-Belsen not be a swift solution to your 'problem?' :-k

GT93
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by GT93 » January 11, 2015, 9:41 am

There are far far more deaths in western countries from domestic violence, illicit drugs, smoking cigarettes, eating crap food and bad driving. May as well take extreme measures to fix these problems as well.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » January 11, 2015, 11:10 am

GT93 wrote:There are far far more deaths in western countries from domestic violence, illicit drugs, smoking cigarettes, eating crap food and bad driving. May as well take extreme measures to fix these problems as well.
people are killing themselves with fags, grog and over-eating, not killing others with fags, grog or over-eating.

drink-drive or drive illegally and kill someone and you will go to jail.

Shooting other people for religious reasons is rather extreme and cannot be compared to over-eating, etc

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Bonanza » January 11, 2015, 11:11 am

Firstly, we have to identify the problem, which is a clash of cultures at a fundamental level. In the 'west' we are taught to think for ourselves, to criticise our leaders, politicians and Royal Families. We expect our police forces and military to be accountable to us, the people. Satire and ridicule are a normal way of expressing dissatisfaction with our establishment, and everything, including religion is eligible. Over the last fifty years we have just about removed every sexual taboo, and removed almost all censorship. This is our 'western' way of life, and we have been exporting it via the internet, international aid and military intervention. Unfortunately, about 75% of the rest of the world does not agree with this, and rather than criticise through satire, elections or peaceful protest, some of them have decided on direct (violent) action. Again, whereas this is abhorrent to our 'western' cultural values, it is perfectly acceptable to those who do not accept the same values.

Hence, such terrorist actions will continue until we stop exporting our own brand of western liberalism, and allow other countries to adopt a culture and form of government of their own - even if we disagree with it.

It is noticeable that the latest attack in Paris has not received any condemnation by the leaders of the Muslim world - perhaps indicative of a silent approval of those who defend the honour of the Prophet Mohammed.

If you wish first hand experience of this difference to deference then stand in the middle of Udon with a loudhailer and start to criticise and ridicule the thai equivalent of Queen Elizabeth. (Censorship does not permit me to enter the individual directly)

Regrettably the west cannot continue to allow freedom of expression when it results in acts of terrorism, but where will this censorship end?

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » January 11, 2015, 11:25 am

I think moderate Muslims have been far too quiet on this matter. If the radical muslims did manage to take over - which side do you think the moderate muslims will be on, do you think the moderates will support your right to free speech.

It is not our fault that some Muslims feel "marginalised".

It is not OK to shoot somebody because a Muslim feels they have offended Allah or his prophet - what has anybody's god got to do with anybody else.

Some interesting comments.

"A couple of comments about this issue.

Firstly, I regard the Charlie Hebo deaths more as assassinations than a typical terror attack. In the latter, who dies is beside the point, as long as somebody does. At Charlie Hebdo, specific targets, specific people, were sought out and murdered. In one sense, this could be seen as comforting to those members of the public who aren’t specifically in the Islamist gunsights, but more worrying for those who are, since any anti-Islamist provocation may set in train the formation of a death squad to take YOU out. Once that happens a few times, I think the degree of self-censorship will soar. It’s much easier to comment if there are 20 million other targets, much less so if there is you and a few others.

Secondly, I was thinking about the thoroughly modern trope “it’s only a tiny minority of Muslims who murder civilians like this, the vast majority are peaceful”. Yes, well. In any social group, there are only 1 or 2 % who have the psychopathic steeliness to murder strangers. Cold comfort in many respects, since that still makes a pool of millions in a reservoir of 1.5 billion. Nevertheless, true as it goes. What worries me more are the next levels of violence. Firstly, every nation has armed forces, a large group of (mainly) men who, IF REQUIRED, are prepared to kill someone else when ordered. This latent violence is completely different to psychopathic murder – the soldier is disciplined, acting lawfully, awaits orders and commands, behaves peacefully and respectfully when in the community, and doesn’t go on murderous rampages if not sent to combat for a few years. Nevertheless, there is therefore a large pool of men who would, under the right circumstances, commit violent acts. If their loyalty is to Islam rather than Australia or France, then they can be gradually inculcated to defend Islam and the Prophet, rather than grow flowers and watch TV.

Thirdly, the largest pool is of so-called condoners, those who would never commit violent acts but agree with the general strategy and directions of the Islamist movement. This means things like sending their sons to firebrand Islamist-controlled mosques and schools, attending sermons and conferences supportive of Islamist aims, talking positively in the community about Islamic cultural superiority over that of the West, and so on. Thus there is a large core of positive reinforcement to the violent acts of the few (albeit they may be condemned as “going too far”), and no angry young man with Sharia and the New Caliphate in his heart ever feels himself to be an isolated outcast or pariah. Thus we may be talking about a majority of Muslims in Australia as receptive to the aims of the Islamists, even if they are squeamish about the violence at the sharp end of the movement.

I personally think there could never be a Sharia Revolution in Australia, but in 15 or 20 years we could find Indonesia and Turkey and other “moderate” Muslim countries in the same hardcore fundamentalist camp as Saudi Arabia and Yemen, with large pockets of agitation (lavishly funded by Fundamentalist Islam) in Western countries with large Muslim populations for separate laws and governance (these things are already underway). The unwillingness of the West (due predominantly to the current alliance between the Left and Islam) to vigorously defend progress, enlightenment and the separation of Church and State (at least where Islam is concerned) will only accelerate these trends.
"

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2015 ... pandering/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Zidane » January 11, 2015, 11:40 am

Its not just the West that faces huge problems with the Muslim extremists.....even China does.
Just look at Boko Haram in Nigeria.They seem to be massacering people with impunity in the north of the country.
Their latest atrocity killed 19 people in a market and injured dozens of others.It was carried out by a female suicide bomber aged about 10 years old ! :shock: How on earth can you stop something like that ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by marjamlew » January 11, 2015, 11:45 am

Some responses from moderate Muslims, Muslim leaders and Muslim governments:

Bloomberg News
Islamic Leaders Condemn Paris Attack, Some Warn on Backlash
By Bloomberg News January 07, 2015

Leaders from Muslim countries and organizations joined the worldwide condemnation of today’s deadly attack on a magazine office in Paris, and said it shouldn’t be associated with the Islamic faith.

“It looks on face value to be case of Islam against the western world, but what we are seeing is a battle going on within the Muslim world,” Greg Barton, acting director of Monash University’s Centre for Islam and the Modern World in Melbourne, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television.“It is striking that even Tehran says ‘this is not what Islam does.’”

* Al-Azhar, the thousand-year-old seat of religious learning in Cairo that’s respected by Muslims around the world, referred to the attack as a criminal act, saying that “Islam denounces any violence,” according to Egypt’s state news agency MENA.

* The Organization of the Islamic Conference strongly condemned the attack. A spokesperson for the OIC’s Islamophobia Observatory in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia said that violence and radicalism are “biggest enemies of Islam.”

* The French Council of the Muslim Religion condemned the “barbaric” attack and said that first thoughts are with the victims and their families. It also called on “all those committed to the values of the Republic and democracy to avoid provocations that only serve to throw oil on the fire,” and on French Muslims to “exercise the utmost vigilance against possible manipulations from extremist groups.”

* Indonesia, the world’s most-populous Muslim nation, “condemns the attack” and “sends condolences to the government and people of France,” the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

* “Egypt stands by France in confronting terrorism, an international phenomenon that targets the world’s security and stability and which requires coordinated international efforts to eradicate,” said Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry.
?
* “We, as Turkey, condemn with hatred any kind of terror,” Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in Ankara. “We are against any form of terror regardless of where it comes from and what its motives are.”

The pro-government Turkish Islamist newspaper Yeni Akit headlined a story on its website: “Attack on the magazine that insulted our prophet.”

* Lebanon’s Foreign Ministry expressed “sympathies and full solidarity with the French government and people in their fight against terrorism,” in an e-mailed statement. It called on the international community to work through international laws to uproot terrorism so that “its shrapnel won’t hit the innocent anywhere else in the world.”

Sheikh Adnan Amama, a member of Lebanon’s Committee of Muslim Scholars, said that while he doesn’t support the attack, it came as a response to “extremism from the other side.” “When freedom of thought oversteps boundaries and legitimizes and encourages the insult of other religions, there will be such consequences,” Amama, a Sunni Muslim, said by phone.

* Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham condemned the attack and said any terrorist action against innocent humans was against the teachings of Islam, according to the news agency IRNA. “Such actions are a continuation of radical waves and physical aggressions which have spread throughout the world in the past decade, and incorrect policies and double standards in confronting extremism and violence have unfortunately given way to a spreading of such undertakings,” she said.

* “We strongly condemn this brutal and cowardly attack and reiterate our repudiation of any such assault on freedom of speech, even speech that mocks faiths and religious figures,” said the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the largest Muslim civil rights organization in the U.S.. “The proper response to such attacks on the freedoms we hold dear is not to vilify any faith, but instead to marginalize extremists of all backgrounds who seek to stifle freedom and to create or widen societal divisions.”

* The Muslim Council of Britain said on Twitter: “We condemn the attack on #CharlieHebdo. Whomever the attackers are, and whatever the cause may be, nothing justifies the taking of life.”

* Saudi Arabia has “followed with deep sorrow” the killings in Paris and condemns “this cowardly terrorist attack which is incompatible with Islam religion,” according to the official SPA news agency. Qatar’s Foreign Ministry said that “these actions that targets civilians contravene all values and principles, moral and humanitarian.” Its counterpart in the United Arab Emirates said that “ that such appalling criminal acts require cooperation and solidarity at all levels to eradicate this menace.”

* “Malaysia condemns in the strongest terms all acts of violence. We stand in unity with the French people. We must fight extremism with moderation,” Prime Minister Najib Razak said in Twitter posting.

* individual Mohammed of Morocco ‘‘strongly condemned the odious, cowardly terrorist attack’’ in a message of condolences to French President Francois Hollande, according to state news agency MAP.

To contact Bloomberg News staff for this story: Kambiz Foroohar in New York at [email protected]

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Alaa Shahine at [email protected] Ben Holland, Christopher Anstey
Watch Me!!

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by mathusalah80 » January 11, 2015, 11:51 am

Aardvark wrote:I agree it's time to stop trying to appease these People. Stop Immigration for a start .....http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/radical ... 7178804093.
A clinically realistic interpretation, and which is factual in all aspects to which the Author refers. Excellent article.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by jackspratt » January 11, 2015, 12:52 pm

marjamlew wrote:Some responses from moderate Muslims, Muslim leaders and Muslim governments:
Thanks Lew. I can't imagine that would have been hard to find for anyone who was genuinely interested.

You are unlikely to find it if you get all your information and thoughts from Murdoch newspapers or extreme right wing magazines. After all, it is not in their interests to publish such stuff.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by marjamlew » January 11, 2015, 1:05 pm

Yes Jack. I Googled responses to Paris from Muslim leaders. Wasn't hard at all.
But seems this lot failed Google 101:
Charlie Hebdo: Australian Muslim groups largely silent on Paris murders
The Australian‎ - 3 days ago
Watch Me!!

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » January 11, 2015, 1:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
marjamlew wrote:Some responses from moderate Muslims, Muslim leaders and Muslim governments:
Thanks Lew. I can't imagine that would have been hard to find for anyone who was genuinely interested.

You are unlikely to find it if you get all your information and thoughts from Murdoch newspapers or extreme right wing magazines. After all, it is not in their interests to publish such stuff.
Yes Comrade, lucky we enjoy similar rights of freedom of speech and religious worship in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Iran, I am so glad they are more tolerant and inclusive than the wicked west.

noosard
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by noosard » January 11, 2015, 1:21 pm

RT news
Islamic extremists following a ‘takfiri’ ideology are more offensive to the Prophet Mohammed than Western satirical cartoons, chief of the Lebanese military faction Hezbollah, Hasan Nasrallah, said following the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attac

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » January 11, 2015, 2:07 pm

noosard wrote:RT news
Islamic extremists following a ‘takfiri’ ideology are more offensive to the Prophet Mohammed than Western satirical cartoons, chief of the Lebanese military faction Hezbollah, Hasan Nasrallah, said following the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attac
An example of takfir that has featured prominently in Western media is the case of Salman Rushdie, who was forced into hiding after Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa officially declaring him to be a kafir who should be executed for his book The Satanic Verses, which is perceived to contain passages that draw into question the basis of Islam. Some contemporary cases in Egypt are also found; for example, Nasr Hamid Abu Zayd was accused of apostasy following his work on Islamic sources, describing the Qur'an as a historical document.[11]

Some Muslims consider takfir (declaring someone a kafir) to be a prerogative of either the Prophet—who does that through Divine revelation—or the State which represents the collectivity of the Ummah (the whole Muslim community).[3]

The sentence for apostasy (irtidad) under Sharia is traditionally interpreted as death but alternately might be amputation or expulsion.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takfir

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » January 11, 2015, 2:09 pm

ronan01 wrote:
noosard wrote:RT news
An example of takfir that has featured prominently in Western media is the case of Salman Rushdie, who was forced into hiding after Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa officially declaring him to be a kafir who should be executed for his book The Satanic Verses, which is perceived to contain passages that draw into question the basis of Islam. Some contemporary cases in Egypt are also found; for example, Nasr Hamid Abu Zayd was accused of apostasy following his work on Islamic sources, describing the Qur'an as a historical document.[11]

Some Muslims consider takfir (declaring someone a kafir) to be a prerogative of either the Prophet—who does that through Divine revelation—or the State which represents the collectivity of the Ummah (the whole Muslim community).[3]

The sentence for apostasy (irtidad) under Sharia is traditionally interpreted as death but alternately might be amputation or expulsion.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takfir
PS: I understand all non-muslims are Kaffir

socksy
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by socksy » January 11, 2015, 2:41 pm

If only western nations could turn the clock back and follow Japan's lead with regards to Muslim's and Islam.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”