Scott Walker

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by Earnest » February 16, 2015, 2:14 am

Thank you, Red Wolf, you're a good egg.

To be fair, the British journalist was setting him up by asking that question, something the British Press are very good at.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by FrazeeDK » February 16, 2015, 10:31 am

kinda like the old "when did you stop beating your wife??" question....
Dave

glalt
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by glalt » February 19, 2015, 8:35 pm

Earnest wrote:Scott Walker is being tipped as a leading contender in the 2016 Republican presidential nominations but he dodged a question on Darwinism and evolution while in London this week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/1 ... 71786.html

Is it feasible that the US electorate could vote for a President that believes in creationism over Darwin's theory of evolution?
I'm of the opinion that no one knows the origin of man. If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes. Evolution must be selective. Some evolve and some don't? It's difficult to debate a subject that has no factual answer. The solar system came from the big bang? Where did the big bang come from?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2015, 8:37 pm

glalt wrote: The solar system came from the big bang? Where did the big bang come from?
Perhaps you should ask God?

glalt
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by glalt » February 19, 2015, 9:13 pm

God must be selective about who he answers. He has never answered me.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 19, 2015, 11:11 pm

This is because you must be a man of little faith. Now, get down on your hands and knees and pray, or, if you follow the Anti-Christ (the Pope), go to confession.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by Jing Jing » February 20, 2015, 9:17 am

G saif
Where did the big bang come from?
The Big Bang did not mark the start of the universe, instead there was no beginning and there will be no end, scientists have suggested. Physicists from the University of Lethbridge in Canada and Benha University in Egypt have created a new model that applies quantum correction terms to Einstein's theory of general relativity.
:shock:
"I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One." Revelation 1 - 8

GT93
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by GT93 » February 20, 2015, 12:20 pm

glalt wrote:God must be selective about who he answers. He has never answered me.
Cripes glalt. After your earlier post I was going to ask where did you go to school? A madrasah? But now you don't seem to be into religion.

Perhaps you were hanging out at the back of the classroom with Homer?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by parrot » February 20, 2015, 6:40 pm

Paul Krugman weighs in on Walker and the Republicans.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/opini ... -2016.html

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by tigerryan » February 21, 2015, 10:42 pm

Walker has a good shot of going the distance. Dispense with the character assassination for a moment and look at the electoral map. If my memory serves me correct the presidential elections have all come down to Florida and a combination of Iowa or Wisconsin or something like that. Midwesterners are a friendly band (people form Wisconsin are know as "cheese heads") and they seems to seek each other out. Walker could carry some prized Midwest states just for being a friendly face and a hometown boy. Walker won in Wisconsin three times after taking on the organized labor movement this feat is still completely unexplained to me by the left. People in the Midwest like and will vote for Scott Walker.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by Earnest » February 21, 2015, 11:29 pm

So is he sitting on the evolution fence to secure the scientific creationist vote or do US readers think he's a genuine creation believer but won't commit himself for fear of losing votes in other parts of the Union?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by tigerryan » February 21, 2015, 11:49 pm

I don't know where he is on the issue of creationism and I don't care either way. I don't think most Americans know where they are on the issue much less have a desire to speak about in a public. I think his avoidance demonstrates more his Midwestern character and charm, a simple and polite avoidance of delicate religious issues. Walkers position or lack of position on creationism will not be a issue in the upcoming race in spite of attempts to create a controversy that just does not exist.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by Earnest » February 22, 2015, 12:18 am

But surely he's more politically astute than that otherwise he wouldn't be seeking a Presidential nomination?

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by JimboPSM » February 22, 2015, 2:12 am

Earnest wrote:But surely he's more politically astute than that otherwise he wouldn't be seeking a Presidential nomination?
As 2012 clearly demonstrated, astuteness is not a prerequisite to becoming a leading GOP contender.

For those who may have forgotten, or have highly selective amnesia, these were the really astute people :roll: who at various times were leading the polls for the 2012 GOP presidential nominee:
  • As declared candidates:
    • • Michele Bachmann
      • Herman Cain
      • Newt Gingrich
      • Rick Perry
      • Rick Santorum
  • As undeclared candidates:
    • • Sarah Palin
      • Donald Trump
Those who are thinking in terms of Scott Walker being presidential material would be well advised to take the trouble to take a long hard look at the Wisconsin state finances since Scott Walker took over as Governor; he can already be seen to have some of the credentials needed to be a worthy successor to those two GOP giants of fiscal irresponsibility, St Reagan and Bush 43.

This new paragon of GOP fiscal responsibility has already turned a budget surplus into a budget deficit and is now skipping a debt repayment of $108 million due this May to pay for a tax cut.

Here are a couple of recent articles that help to demonstrate his fitness for high office #-o ](*,)
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by tigerryan » February 22, 2015, 9:17 am

Wow Jimbo most working Americans actually like most of the people you listed. Perhaps it best illustrates how far left on the political spectrum you are.

parrot
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by parrot » February 22, 2015, 10:51 am

tigerryan wrote:Wow Jimbo most working Americans actually like most of the people you listed. Perhaps it best illustrates how far left on the political spectrum you are.

I don't think the results of the last presidential election support your statement "most working Americans like most of the people you listed". Even if the list included Romney........but Bachmann, Cain, Palin, Gingrich, Trump????

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by KHONDAHM » February 25, 2015, 9:15 am

Well, just shush, all y'all. :)

I certainly hope little Johnny Walker - oops - little Scottie gets the nomination so Hillary can get the win. Heck, the Republican field of contenders is the weakest since, well, since last time they were trounced.

Jeb (his real name is John Ellis Bush = J.E.B. = Now how country is that? "Just call me Bud, Bud!" - Hahahaha!) has sucked the money well dry already. Now, he just needs to learn the challenging things about being POTUS. Ya know...such as what is established fact, what isn't, and how to speak.

'I'm My Own Man' : Jeb Bush Lays Out Foreign Policy Vision
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-r ... cy-n308386
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by KHONDAHM » February 25, 2015, 10:02 am

Scott Walker as POTUS

The Dangerous Candidacy of Scott Walker

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cass ... ott-walker
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

glalt
udonmap.com

Scott Walker

Post by glalt » February 25, 2015, 10:22 am

It will be very difficult for any conservative to be elected. With the VERY bloated government and the people sucking off the government, the democrats already have 50 percent of the vote. I have seen that most rabid democrats are on some sort of government benefit scheme. Voters seldom bite the hand that feeds them. At one point in my life, I was forced to pay dues to a union whose main purpose was to protect deadbeats who certainly didn't deserve a paycheck.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”