Thai smile

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
747man
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by 747man » January 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

pomps wrote:The goddam tequila and the bottle weight.but all ok :shock: :lol: 8) Blow up dolls are insignificant kg wise :^o :shock: 8)
Hope you brought A Blow-Up Doll back for your mate, Jonboy..... :lol: :lol: 8) :shock:

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by NongKhaiLee » March 22, 2015, 10:04 am

For years we have used Thai Air and also Thai Smile from BKK to Udon on our returns from the States, mostly because of their policy of not charging for extra luggage or being over the 30kg if we just came off an International flight. Our kids arrived last week and the Thai Air employees advised them that those policies have changed and they were charged for the second suitcase and also for extra weight. My wife talked to the rep at the counter and they confirmed the policy change.

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » March 22, 2015, 10:53 am

Were they members of TG ROP

silver or gold ??

gghh
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by gghh » March 23, 2015, 9:52 pm

The TG status is not recognized on Thai smile. :-(

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » March 24, 2015, 9:12 am

Incorrect

Thai Airways awards points in Thai Smile flight. 500 for BKK UTH etc.

Gold Card members booked on Thai Smile use the Thai lounge at BKK and other lounges throughout Thailand.

Thai Airways ROP members Silver and Gold have additional weight allowances.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » March 24, 2015, 5:46 pm

Afternoon flight to Udonsville was at least 90% full,loads of farangs on the flight,Thai enjoying extra passenger loads due to Bangkok airways giving up their afternoon slot 8)

rugdon1

Thai smile

Post by rugdon1 » March 24, 2015, 5:58 pm

gotta problem with thai smile,3 emails and 2 weeks later and still no response, have they got no customer service?

noosard
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by noosard » March 25, 2015, 11:10 am

When they cancalled my flights last year I had to go to the airport to get results
emailing and phoning were a waste of time
and they did not honour Thai airs 30kg in December coming back

maaka
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by maaka » March 26, 2015, 8:44 pm

blew into Siam afew days ago, then purchased a ticket with Thai Smile at Swampy, from Bangers to Udon..I had 40kg all up ( 32kg cargo plus 8kg cabin) they attempted to charge me for over 20kg, but when I pointed out I flew Thai Airways from NZ to Bangkok with a 30kg plus cabin for free, and it now did not make sense, they coughed, and hmmmm'd and haaa'd,...... so then I said you want me to leave 10kg in Bangers terminal,.... they did an about face and said seeming you flew Thai Airways all the way, you can go Udon no pay luggage...koopkun kap,....BUT.. boss want your motor cyc crash helmuts in a bag..where am I going to get a bag at 11.00pm in this terminal..dont know, but boss want in a bag, maybe shop over that way have some..

its amazing what you can do with a pillow slip....hahaha...Thanks Thai Smile

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » March 27, 2015, 2:30 am

Joining their members card scheme will solve some of the extra baggage allowance problems and even helps access to the business lounge at Swampy, since all flights to Udon do not have business seats anymore but are now called premium economy 8)

bignote1
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by bignote1 » March 27, 2015, 3:49 am

pomps wrote:Afternoon flight to Udonsville was at least 90% full,loads of farangs on the flight,Thai enjoying extra passenger loads due to Bangkok airways giving up their afternoon slot 8)
Thanks for the heads up on the Bangkok Airways Pomps.
In January of this year I booked a Bang Air flight PG353, 13:10 to UT from BKK in about 3 weeks time. Bang Air confirmed my reservation and gave me an e ticket.
As a result of your post I have checked my itinerary and they have bumped me onto the early evening flight. I have received no e mail regarding the change and presumably had I not checked would have only found out when I got to the airport.. For business reasons the 13;10 flight was important to me.
In the UK I would get a full refund and help rebooking with someone else maybe even some compensation.
Before I start gobbing with Bang Air does anyone know what the rules are in LOS?
Thanks in anticipation.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by BobHelm » March 27, 2015, 5:20 am

You might want to read the last few pages of this thread bignote1.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/b ... 86-45.html

A couple of us have had Bangkok Airways afternoon (now non existing) flights switched to Thai Smile.
BA did all the actual work, no need for refunds & rebookings..

bignote1
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by bignote1 » March 27, 2015, 5:31 am

Thanks for that Bob.
Appreciated!!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by FrazeeDK » March 27, 2015, 8:50 am

same happened to me back in November when our BKK Air afternoon flight was cancelled. BA wanted us to sit around the airport 7 hours to wait for the late flight.. When we said we just wanted to get home, they got us on Thai Smile and we got in only an hour after we would have on the cancelled BA flight.
Dave

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » March 27, 2015, 8:54 am

Right now. I dont care about baggage allowances anymore.

Only care about 2 persons in the cockpit at all times.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by bignote1 » March 28, 2015, 7:26 pm

BobHelm wrote:You might want to read the last few pages of this thread bignote1.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/b ... 86-45.html

A couple of us have had Bangkok Airways afternoon (now non existing) flights switched to Thai Smile.
BA did all the actual work, no need for refunds & rebookings..
Thanks I am now booked with Smile and Bangkok Airways handled the new booking very efficiently.

I have just read this however and it gives me cause for a little concern

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/busin ... .html?_r=2

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by thalenoi » March 30, 2015, 4:42 pm

I had to switch to TS from BA last sunday 22nd march because BA brought their moring flight to BKK forward to 07.25
Got onto TS leaving 08.40, load was very low, less than 50% despite other BA passengers who switched also.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Thai smile

Post by wokkawombat » April 2, 2015, 3:51 pm

Bangkok Air switched my flight to TS on 3 March Approx. The original booking with BA was made through QANTAS.
I checked a few times with BA, TS and Qantas to ensure all was well with my booking.
I went to the airport yesterday and checked with TS customer service and they reserved me a seat of my choice, all good so far. I arrived at 11:15 today to check in, lo and behold TS had no reservation for me. I started jumping up and down and after the TS staff running around like chooks that just been decapitated it was sorted.

Then when waiting in the departure lounge two staff either Thai or BA (blue uniforms) arrived, asked my name, photographed my passport and gave me 700 Baht in an envelope. As far as I could understand it was for airport fees??

I am now sitting in the QANTAS club.

I am not paranoid but anything Thai organised gets a lot of scrutiny from me.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Aardvark » April 2, 2015, 5:31 pm

wokkawombat wrote:Bangkok Air switched my flight to TS on 3 March Approx. The original booking with BA was made through QANTAS.
I checked a few times with BA, TS and Qantas to ensure all was well with my booking.
I went to the airport yesterday and checked with TS customer service and they reserved me a seat of my choice, all good so far. I arrived at 11:15 today to check in, lo and behold TS had no reservation for me. I started jumping up and down and after the TS staff running around like chooks that just been decapitated it was sorted.

Then when waiting in the departure lounge two staff either Thai or BA (blue uniforms) arrived, asked my name, photographed my passport and gave me 700 Baht in an envelope. As far as I could understand it was for airport fees??

I am now sitting in the QANTAS club.

I am not paranoid but anything Thai organised gets a lot of scrutiny from me.
What Airport Fees ??

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by merchant seaman » April 2, 2015, 5:47 pm

Airport fees use to be collected when you departed, now they are included in the price of the ticket.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Return to “Travel & Transport”