Dog kennel

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
Helendry

Dog kennel

Post by Helendry » August 26, 2014, 10:45 am

I wonder if anyone could offer some advice.

I am looking for kennels to take my 2 rottys for a month.

Preferbly not Thai run.

Thanks

willowboy

Dog kennel

Post by willowboy » September 20, 2014, 8:59 am

Hi all, I am new to this site although I have been in Thailand for 5 years. I noticed there were no replies for the dog kennels. As a dog lover and someone who is lucky enough to have the room to construct kennels ( subject to getting permission ) Would this be something anybody would be interested in?

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 4, 2015, 2:05 pm

willowboy wrote:Hi all, I am new to this site although I have been in Thailand for 5 years. I noticed there were no replies for the dog kennels. As a dog lover and someone who is lucky enough to have the room to construct kennels ( subject to getting permission ) Would this be something anybody would be interested in?
Greetings,

Have you started the kennel? If not, are you still keen on the idea?

Regards
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

willowboy

Dog kennel

Post by willowboy » February 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Hi Dreamcatcher, it is something I would still consider doing should enough people require require it.

Regards

parrot
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by parrot » February 4, 2015, 3:40 pm

I have not used the services of this business.....but pass by often and see their sign. Go to the ring road intersection at the old Big C (Sakhon Nakhon intersection), turn left onto the ring road, about 500 m down the road on your left (as you're heading toward Index/Homepro).
http://udonpet.siam2web.com//?cid=252247
This business offers kennel services for vaccinated and healthy dogs. The doctor speaks English and one of the staff speaks passable English.

Before considering a business venture, it might be a good idea to stop by and see what this business has to offer (your potential competition). I have no idea the quality of the services......home services also advertised within a 15km distance. There are other vets/pet hospitals in Udon that offer kennel services.......I used the one by the airport several years ago (when the shop was relatively new), but wasn't excited about the quality of kennel service.

I remember seeing a Doggie Hotel advertised in Udon several years ago......although can't find it advertised today.

Finally....food for thought. West meets East. Many years ago I was searching for a portable home phone with an answering machine built in. At the time, the daughter of a gold store owner was helping me with my Thai. Her family had a large Chow that sat protectively at their daughter's feet while I was in the room with her. The dog was spoon fed by the family (I'm not joking!). I asked the girl where I might find a phone with an answering machine (circa 1997). She asked why I would want such a thing.......I explained that sometimes we weren't home when calls came in. She asked, innocently, 'Why don't you teach your maid to answer the phone and take a message?' She assumed that, like her family (and probably everyone they knew), everyone else had a maid. Now, many years later....we ALSO have a maid......who takes care of our dogs when we're not at home.
Good luck with your possible venture!

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 4, 2015, 5:59 pm

willowboy wrote:Hi Dreamcatcher, it is something I would still consider doing should enough people require require it.

Regards
Hi Willowboy,

I am Ray, an avid dog lover. I have been learning canine psychology for almost 6 years now. New in Udonthani, though.

During the past 5 years I have dedicated myself towards understanding canine psyche and behaviours. Though I am not a certified professional, I had had the experiences in training and rehabilitating dogs for friends, family, and paid clients.

Mostly, I did training for free as money's not my main motivation. It's more a passion.

The idea of running a kennel had actually crossed my mind. Personally, I have 11 different breeds consisting of attack dogs to toy dogs. Currently, 3 are with me now in Udonthani. The rest in Nongkhai, that is until I secured some land here.

Have been having this niggling urge to open a pet store here.

How about meeting for a chin wag and explore our ideas.

Do PM me :)

Regards

papaguido
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by papaguido » February 4, 2015, 7:49 pm

parrot wrote:I have not used the services of this business.....but pass by often and see their sign. Go to the ring road intersection at the old Big C (Sakhon Nakhon intersection), turn left onto the ring road, about 500 m down the road on your left (as you're heading toward Index/Homepro).
http://udonpet.siam2web.com//?cid=252247
This business offers kennel services for vaccinated and healthy dogs. The doctor speaks English and one of the staff speaks passable English.
We use this vet and have had good results from the doc and staff for our dogs. Several years ago we inquired about it's kennel service. At the time it didn't have a dog run or a play area for dogs. At best, dogs were walked once a day and if not busy twice a day. The kennels were adequate for small to medium size dogs, but not large animals like a rottis or labradors. I believe they also gave a choice of feeding the dogs their food at a cost or the customer supply their own. Again, this was a couple of years ago and things may have changed. Best to call or visit and check out the facilities.

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 8, 2015, 1:40 am

willowboy wrote:Hi all, I am new to this site although I have been in Thailand for 5 years. I noticed there were no replies for the dog kennels. As a dog lover and someone who is lucky enough to have the room to construct kennels ( subject to getting permission ) Would this be something anybody would be interested in?
Hi Willowboy, (I might be too late)

However, posting this just in case, you are still here as the OP is already 4 months now.

There are people who would be interested, I'm one for it.

Leaving my dogs at a kennel run by Thai's are akin to abuse in my books. A disgusting and deplorable animal ghettos with rusted cages discoloured not just by the elements, but fecal matter and just about anything that makes it a hotbed for diseases and bacteria to fester and flourish.

In fact, the transference of canine to canine dermatological disorder, infections, elevated stress symptoms and various others are waiting at every nook and cranny.

It shouldn't be considered nor ever be an option.

Yes, it's cheap but at what expense? Compromising your pets temperament? Health? Exposure to diseases and bacteria? The stench of putrid and dried urine are enough warning like a PA system telling you...this place is dirty...go away...leave...go...go..!

There are no justifiable reason to ever leave them there, if you like many Thai's and take this option as financial prudence, then understand the fact that you cannot afford a dog. Buy a bowl and keep a goldfish!

Short of saying all but rather most of them are nothing but a jailhouse that comes with a few complimentary mean guard in disguise such as a medical coat (I'm over 90% sure, there never will be a clean uniform on any of the staff at most of this so called kennels, but realistically expect dirtied and the smell of a few days sweat laced daily with spray deodorant to the point that they themselves can't bear it.)

Finding a decent and sanitized professional vets are challenging and hard enough in this business fo the money without a nary of

There's definitely a market segment that can be a business which would mainly caters to a small minority of an already small community of foreigners with pets. There will also be a sprinkle (more a splash if the marketing done right) of Thai pet lover's that do not hesitate to part with their top dollar for premium and professional service.

Especially, those who understand the value of having their fur babies to be cared for at a kennel that operates with due regards to international standard for cleanliness, professionalism, and where the smell of sanitized clean floor wafting around.

Complete it with a small team of staff who genuinely love dogs and animals.

Firstly, I'm unsure if running a kennel falls under the same category of animals and pet businesses that a non-thai person were restricted from operating.

Cheerios

Macca
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Macca » April 8, 2015, 7:02 am

Dreamcatcher wrote: Leaving my dogs at a kennel run by Thai's are akin to abuse in my books. A disgusting and deplorable animal ghettos with rusted cages discoloured not just by the elements, but fecal matter and just about anything that makes it a hotbed for diseases and bacteria to fester and flourish.
Sadly accurate.
It's not that Thais are deliberately cruel to dogs it's more a case of they see very little value in them.
Not really surprising if you look at the rural school bus or Thailand's attitude towards modern slavery of human trafficking, they seem to value very little.

My pup recently got hit by a car, the driver couldn't care less, and now is in recovery.
I need to go away and have no idea what to do with the dog.
It would seem I have two options 1) leave with a Thai who I know will just neglect the dog or 2) Just have her put to sleep. Cruel perhaps but maybe the best option.

willowboy

Dog kennel

Post by willowboy » April 8, 2015, 2:40 pm

Hi all, Yes, I am still interested in looking at the possibility of this venture. I think the positive feedback is encouraging; my main concern was to input time and money into this project and not actually have any results.
If there is a need for this, then I will go ahead.

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 9, 2015, 2:23 am

Macca,

A few questions to ask if I may:

1. When are you planning to leave and will it be permanent?

2. What's the breed and age of your pup?

3. Is the pup sociable and trained (nothing special just basic obedience)?

4. Any health issues?

I have a pack of GSD's and many other different purebreds. Most are selectively bought as each has their own peculiarities and traits.

Lest should anyone thinks that I'm a backyard breeder, I certainly am not.

In general, I am an animal lover but dogs are at the top of my list. It's neither a hobby nor obsession, but rather a passion.

That passion has driven me to learn about canine psychology which hitherto, had given me the little but privileged understanding of each breed temperaments.

Apart from those I bought selectively, there are in my pack which were adopted for various reasons. But I do so only if the adoption would not be detrimental to the current balance behaviours of my pack.

I am not against putting them down as it's a responsible option to take rather than have them being subjected to pain for terminal illness or incurable debilitating disease.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but reading your post, I do not see putting your pup down is the only alternative option you have.

Consider giving him up for adoption to a suitable and responsible person. It takes some work and effort to do so, and at times to no avail.

If you have exhausted all means doing so, please PM me and I'll assess your pup suitability into my pack. If it doesn't work out, I'll do my utmost best to try find your pup a home.

Regards

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 9, 2015, 2:31 am

willowboy wrote:Hi all, Yes, I am still interested in looking at the possibility of this venture. I think the positive feedback is encouraging; my main concern was to input time and money into this project and not actually have any results.
If there is a need for this, then I will go ahead.
I had sent you a PM with my contact a some months ago. Still awaiting a reply.

Cheerios

Galee
udonmap.com

Dog kennel

Post by Galee » April 9, 2015, 7:58 am

I'd never leave my dogs in a kennel. Had enough problems in the UK when our irish Setter caught Canine Influenza at a reputable kennel.

If the wife and I want a trip away we get a relative to 'house sit' . Dogs are happy in their familiar environment and the house is occupied.

Return to “Pet Services”