O visa from Hull

General Udon Thani topics only!
dougmatelot

O visa from Hull

Post by dougmatelot » June 22, 2014, 7:24 pm

Just returned from annual visit to UK. Downloaded Multiple Entry O Visa application forms from Hull; but noticed on payment page; no provision for payment by Debit card, and no 'self certification' form.So telephoned Hull, and was stunned by the answer I got. Hull no longer issues O visas; all visas are now issued by London. Having dealt with London when I first came to Thailand in 2004; I started to worry; luckily I hadn't booked my return flight, so I calmed down. Apparently the banks had put a block on paying by Debit card; so you now have to pay by Postal Order (remember them?). On the £125 fee it's £12.50.
Anyway on a positive note; I filled in downloaded forms from London; attached 2 photos and DWP statement of pension entitlement (I sent original; kept copy for reference);sent off with passport on Monday; and returned Thursday. So it did work; but I could have done without the surprise element!!!

can123
udonmap.com

O visa from Hull

Post by can123 » June 23, 2014, 2:46 pm

I believe that you needed to involve London because you did not attend the Hull Consulate in person. It's relatively easy for me to to get visas as Cardiff is easily accessible. and by making a personal visit I am happier to know that everything is going to go ahead smoothly rather than wait for replies by mail.

easterneye
udonmap.com

O visa from Hull

Post by easterneye » June 29, 2014, 2:22 pm

I thought 1 year multi entry visas had all but dried up from what I have heard other people say .

I got one last year from Hull via the London Embassy postal , but they said they were not doing it anymore .

Anyway I,ve about had enough of the handing over of money hoop jumping , gonna find a better way to enjoy my life

TicToc
udonmap.com

O visa from Hull

Post by TicToc » June 29, 2014, 5:24 pm

I believe if over 65 it is relatively easy,i think for 50/65 it becomes more complicated on the money side.

caribegjs

O visa from Hull

Post by caribegjs » June 29, 2014, 6:23 pm

Applied for a non immigrant O visa through the postal route, using the Thai embassy in London.
Application sent with relevant documentation on the 24th June. Passport returned with one year multi entry stamp on the 27th June.

globalmedia
udonmap.com

O visa from Hull

Post by globalmedia » May 15, 2015, 12:02 pm

caribegjs wrote:Applied for a non immigrant O visa through the postal route, using the Thai embassy in London.
Application sent with relevant documentation on the 24th June. Passport returned with one year multi entry stamp on the 27th June.
was this for retirement?

747man
udonmap.com

O visa from Hull

Post by 747man » May 15, 2015, 12:06 pm

globalmedia wrote:
caribegjs wrote:Applied for a non immigrant O visa through the postal route, using the Thai embassy in London.
was this for retirement?
I Think it would be for Marriage to a Thai Citizen... :-k :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”