moving & buying House furniture

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Jai
udonmap.com

moving & buying House furniture

Post by Jai » February 6, 2007, 7:43 pm

Hi Guys
I am doing the move, away from the madness of Pattaya in about 5

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 6, 2007, 9:32 pm

Maybe in about a month, I can help with 5 & 6, but not now they are working for me, so til done nothing. 5 will be done alot sooner than 6, maybe a couple more weeks, but I do use him for other things, so.....

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » February 7, 2007, 7:38 am

Jai,

1. I went looking for furniture in CM as well. Lots to choose from but the only stuff I saw made in the local area was teak, rosewood etc. Be careful buying wooden furniture because many places do not kiln dry the wood (cheaper). The furniture will begin to warp and seperate in due course.
2. Lots of places here in Udon for curtains. We used a place about 1 block from Lotus. Well made and very reasonably priced. There are also dealers in the Bo Bay shopping center on the ring road who can have curtains, bamboo/rattan rollup blinds and Roman Shades made to order. Excellent work and very reasonable prices.
3. Check out Global House, Home Mart, Home Pro and a couple of electrical dealers downtown. Most fans can be installed w/o the lights even if they come that way.
4. I had a waterfall built for my swimming pool by an individual who does lots of this type of stuff around town. He also installed the sod and trees etc on our property. Exccellent work.
5. I used an excellent electrician who had no problem at all when I told him I wanted a 3 phase, 3 wire (with a ground rod) electrical system installed in my house and pool. No taped connections (wire nuts instead) and all junctions in junction boxes. I would have no problem recommending him to anyone. Be very careful in this area because Thai electricians like to attach the ground line to the common wire in the main fuse panel so they don't have to install a ground rod. Pure rubbish!
6. we used a local company called Decors Choice. Excellent (really excellent) wokmanship and they stand behind their work should you develop any problems. We had then install a large western style kitchen with granite countertops, wood cabinets etc. I highly recommend them. they have opened a new showroom in Home Mart on the ring road vicinty of Global House.

Hope this helps
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 7, 2007, 8:51 am

I have one comment on electricians. You just have to remember, as far as I know there is no requirement or License in Thailand. No inspection by any official. So, guess what, You the builder need to inspect EVERYTHING, short-cuts will be taken!

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » February 7, 2007, 9:24 am

For an electrician: I have a bloke from England that is highly qualified to do electrical work. He is now back and is willing to help some out with the electrical work they need. PM me if you want to get in touch with him.
Ain't Easy Being Me

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 7, 2007, 9:38 am

Doc wrote:For an electrician: I have a bloke from England that is highly qualified to do electrical work. He is now back and is willing to help some out with the electrical work they need. PM me if you want to get in touch with him.
:lol: :lol: YOU HAVE HIM,Doc?? :lol: :lol: What do you do with him when he finishes his electrical duties? :razz: :razz: :lol:

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » February 7, 2007, 1:02 pm

Lord Doc and his minions. :lol:

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » February 7, 2007, 1:36 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:What do you do with him when he finishes his electrical duties? :razz: :razz: :lol:
I put him back on the shelf where he belongs and will stay out of trouble. I have to do that because there are times when he will take me out and try to corrupt me. :lol:
Ain't Easy Being Me

Return to “House & Land”