Seafood

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
1richyhop
udonmap.com

Seafood

Post by 1richyhop » October 31, 2015, 11:02 pm

Hi guys , are there any good seafood restaurants in udon thani ? Thanks in advance for any info .

timmy
udonmap.com

Seafood

Post by timmy » November 1, 2015, 7:55 am

good restaurants , NO i think we,re to far from the coast ....

udonmap.com

Seafood

Post by 12345 » November 1, 2015, 8:09 am

Plenty to chose from, though 'fresh "sea"food', if wanting fish (salt water), then fairly limited to salmon. Crab, shrimp, lobster or fresh water fish, are no problem. Obviously, as pointed out, no beach, so no 'salt water' items will be fresh, hopefully, as impossible to be. But frozen is just as good, possibly better, depending on the vendor. Crab meat selection here is a bit weak.

Good yellow fin tuna, grouper, salmon, individual crab, lobster won't be inexpensive, same as non-farm raised (farm raised=tasteless ) shrimp. But available.

Depends on the prep, and if the sauces / juices are the flavor, or the 'seafood'. A good seafood yum, panaeng, yellow / red curries, is as much about the curry as the seafood, so the locals do a fine job, and choices abound.

If you want a grilled stand alone fish............or good lump crab meat, you may be extremely disappointed or need deeper pockets (wine house / society).

I personally save my salt water fish dining for my out and about, at the beach. Much cheaper, and less disappointment.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”