Posri Village

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
fdimike
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by fdimike » November 23, 2015, 6:20 am

I stopped to see the all new Posri Village shopping complex. There is more than ample parking in front and in the rear of the complex. Hopefully this area will not turn into another typical night market thereby eliminating the parking. The complex currently houses a Zap food court and I believe another Japanese restaurant.

This new complex is located next to the VT Vietnamese restaurant and just in front of the Chinese cemetery.

http://www.760iarchitect.com/node/14

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

socksy
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by socksy » November 23, 2015, 7:41 am

Just what Udon needs another Red Herring. =D> ](*,)

IT Plaza - empty.
Platinum 168 - units only partially open.
Landmark Plazza - Phone and computer shops and stalls - lots closed.
Central Plazza several places boarded up and the whole left side of the IT floor at the top of the escalator all shut.

Incidentally a large kids play store has now opened in Landmark Plazza with secure entrance and exits. Took Socksy junior there at the weekend to leave her in there whilst I briefly went shopping. She translated to me that I had to go in as well so kids can be supervised and in case they started fighting. FFS the staff can't stop small kids fighting? 290 baht for 1 kid to play and 90 baht for 1 adult to supervise. Surprisingly there were hardly any kids or adults there and needless to say me and junior wandered off.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

noosard
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by noosard » November 23, 2015, 12:05 pm

That part of Porsi Rd has a lot of foot traffic late afternoon/evening as markets on both sides of the road
Which makes traffic chaotic
This gives Porsi village a good chance of being successful

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 23, 2015, 12:52 pm

downunder
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by downunder » November 23, 2015, 7:06 pm

What is being built across the road from Nong Bua Market in front of the Chinese Temple near the Railway Line just before U D Town? DU

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 23, 2015, 7:24 pm

downunder wrote:What is being built across the road from Nong Bua Market in front of the Chinese Temple near the Railway Line just before U D Town? DU
No.
Posri Village map.jpg
Posri Village

parrot
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by parrot » November 23, 2015, 7:28 pm

downunder wrote:What is being built across the road from Nong Bua Market in front of the Chinese Temple near the Railway Line just before U D Town? DU

That's AEC Square
http://aec-square.com/

Svein66
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by Svein66 » November 23, 2015, 9:34 pm

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/a ... 37622.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by Khun Paul » November 24, 2015, 7:40 am

Going back to the original post, the new location will be fine, but as always scant attention will be paid to traffic flows etc, and as for the VT restaurant that has since I have been here a growing successful and extremely well priced location for a meal. I am not a sponsor nor am I a business and if you cancel this post I will NOT be amused

tataw
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by tataw » November 24, 2015, 7:49 am

Is there still a plan to move the VT restaurant out to the site on the KK road or are they going to have 2 locations?

With the Posri Village, VT restaurant, afternoon market, nursing school, another school opposite PV, 7/11 and another mini-mart plus the condo it will probably mean the traffic flow in this area will become chaotic or more so than normal

udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by 12345 » November 24, 2015, 10:38 am

waanjai wrote:
tataw wrote:Is there still a plan to move the VT restaurant out to the site on the KK road or are they going to have 2 locations?

With the Posri Village, VT restaurant, afternoon market, nursing school, another school opposite PV, 7/11 and another mini-mart plus the condo it will probably mean the traffic flow in this area will become chaotic or more so than normal
That would make no sense at all, to close present location, as generates way too much baht. They wisely built on the other side of town. Out of town, land prices of course being a factor, and less competition. Wish someone would put something nice out near us, NBLP rd, as 168 Platinum has no anchor store or market / food vendors to draw people to the same same, not different selection of shops under roof. I pass it every day and don't bother......nuff said.

I posted a quick review elsewhere, :roll: stating just that, as Posri Village is almost along my weekly journeys into town, and I will frequent often, especially when they get some more vendors in, as about 25 % now in the fresh food / take away part of mall.

Having tough competition with local market, but the cleanliness and AC, w/parking is a major draw for me. Well worth a few more baht if necessary.

parrot
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by parrot » November 24, 2015, 1:53 pm

A friend of mine in the local Chamber of Commerce says the old location will remain open. gra-yaw-sohd กระยอสด.....my favorite takeaway for an evening snack.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 24, 2015, 10:12 pm

Naem Nueng (แหนมเนือง /năeme nueang/)="Salted Pork" - although not being a paying member of UM - is looking for more labourers for their new building south of Udon in the area near Posri Village.
12249890_1490994731202419_6585775691702404009_n.jpg
12243012_891706947591075_5973727540218772982_n.jpg

kopkei
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by kopkei » November 25, 2015, 6:56 am

been there yesterday , very small, and they are surely not working at full capacity yet , a lot to eat , but still many shops/resto's not yet open , they told us 28 this month ....
it is the old covered market building from before they have made new...looks bigger on the website than it really is .. ;)

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 25, 2015, 1:01 pm

They called the opening on November 6-8, 2015 a Soft Opening as they expect more weeks to go until all businesses are operational.
Posri Village Opening.jpg
Have a look at all these guys wearing happily their "LOWES Elastic Waist Cargo Shorts". Its their world. :D
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

pal52
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by pal52 » November 25, 2015, 2:39 pm

Have a look at all these guys wearing happily their "LOWES Elastic Waist Cargo Shorts". Its their world. :D

Please explain the term Lowes Elastic waste Cargo shorts for all of us who do not understand.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 25, 2015, 3:37 pm

pal52 wrote:Please explain the term Lowes
Lowes is a big Australian brand and online shop. For more info about comfort and price, ask your fellow Udonite. There are plenty who wear them at every -suitable or unsuitable - occasion.
LOWES_school uniforms logo.jpg
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

parrot
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by parrot » November 25, 2015, 3:57 pm

One of the nicer things about Thailand, IMO, is the diversity in dress you might see at a wedding, funeral, or other social occasion. Back 11 years or so, I went to a Confirmation at St Mary's. The Western Family was decked out in their finest.....and Father John came out decked out in his finest vestments.....and Flipflops. Not even a fancy dancy pair, mind you, but the cheapest kind possible. Funny thing.....no one was offended. Likewise, the recent Kratin ceremony I attended.....lots of jewelry being flashed by those who could afford it, along with the rag-tag villagers who were there for the free food. I didn't get the sense that anyone felt out of place.

'tis one of the things that makes Thailand special.....to me.

If nothing else, Phosri Village should benefit from the flow of customers to VT everyday!
Attachments
May 2004.jpg

pal52
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by pal52 » November 25, 2015, 4:11 pm

waanjai wrote:
pal52 wrote:Please explain the term Lowes
Lowes is a big Australian brand and online shop. For more info about comfort and price, ask your fellow Udonite. There are plenty who wear them at every -suitable or unsuitable - occasion.
LOWES_school uniforms logo.jpg
I have now looked at the photo.
It appears they all wear the same shirts with a logo on them.
It also appears this is standard issue for the company they work for so they would have no choice but to wear them as part of company procedure for an event such as this.
I am not from Australia which is why I asked the question & have never heard of Lowes which i assume is a derogatory remark about people who wear cheap clothes after your answer as above.
You really should not make derogatory remarks about Thai people who are purely doing there job & are probably happy to have a job.
You seem to have a habit lately about doing this.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Posri Village

Post by waanjai » November 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

I actually thought that if one comments: "Hey look at their shorts" - but no one wears a short on the photo - that this would be noticed, even understood. :D

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”