Processed Meats DO Cause Cancer

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » October 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Vel vell vell, how about that. Guess it's no surprise. Tasty as it is however. Would have put this into the steak wars thread but it deserves it's own....

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621
Processed meats - such as bacon, sausages and ham - do cause cancer, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Its report said 50g of processed meat a day - less than two slices of bacon - increased the chance of developing colorectal cancer by 18%.
Selection_999(897).png
Selection_999(898).png
Little Harm[?]
Prof Tim Key, from the Cancer Research UK and the University of Oxford, said: "This decision doesn't mean you need to stop eating any red and processed meat, but if you eat lots of it you may want to think about cutting down.

"Eating a bacon bap every once in a while isn't going to do much harm - having a healthy diet is all about moderation."

Dr Teresa Norat, one of the advisors to the WHO report and from Imperial College London, said there were many factors causing bowel cancer.

She told BBC News website: "People should limit consumption of red meat and avoid consuming processed meat, but they should also have a diet rich in fibre, from fruit and vegetables and maintain an adequate body weight throughout life and limit the consumption of alcohol and be physically active."

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 27, 2015, 4:36 pm

WOW - It only took the WHO 50 years to see the light! Whats next salt? eggs? .... GMO's ....

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » October 27, 2015, 4:36 pm

So does chocolate. Can't believe every you read... Use your judgement kid.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 27, 2015, 4:54 pm

As for myself, I'd really hate to live and eat super healthy and then die from nothing. I want to die from SOMETHING! Everything in moderation that includes BLT sandwiches and the occasional steak when I can find a decent one. You can't believe everything these geniuses write.

Nubieend5

Post by Nubieend5 » April 27, 2016, 12:55 am

So does smoking cigarettes and I've been smoking since 1974. Damned ..I must have died from cancer years ago.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 29, 2016, 2:48 pm

Chocolate causes cancer? Streuth. That would be as bad as reports that som dtum causes cancer.

Youngsters should go easy on the processed meats if they want to realize their life expectancy. It might not be so important to old codgers.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 30, 2016, 4:49 pm

Standing in the streets of almost any major city will cause you far more harm than the occasional steak sandwich or BLT or whatever takes your fancy.
Is it not amazing that years ago people ate well and heartily and ate whatever they liked, true some died of overeating, some died from heart attacks but generally people died when their time was up.
few things have changed, however I must point out , we are all less active, have more stress, seek solace on alcohol whether that be a lot or a little, true we smoke less some do not smoke at all, we all know people who led a charmed live , zero health problems and died of a cancer .
The real honest answer is moderation again be that Chocolate to steak booze to coffee, fatty foods to lean tasteless c***. Exercise gently every day if you can for some that can be a ten milke bike ride for others just walking around Centara for half and hour will do nicely.
We are all physically different as well as mentally different, all aspects regarding health cannot be this or that, one mans ideas can kill another.
If we really listened to the so-called experts who only test and talk to those who have suffered, no-one has ever asked me what do I do ,I am healthy as are many others, nobody talks to us we are the vast majority who live out our lives reasonably healthily, minimum problems until we shuffle off. No-one has EVER done a survey on why we lived as long as we did, NOW that would be far more help than scare tactics to make people eat differently or drink differently or even act differently.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”