Overpass/tunnel Udon Ringroad Nongkai Hwy

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 28, 2016, 6:38 pm

One of the Thai articles discussing the construction project (Nongkai/Ringroad) also mentioned a few other projects:
นายอเนกกล่าวอีกว่า กรมทางหลวงยังมีแผนงานอื่นอีก อาทิ การปรับปรุงทางแยกบ้านสามพร้าว-ถนนวงแหวนตะวันออก จะเสร็จก่อนสิ้นเดือนสิงหาคมนี้ ส่วนโครงการงบปี 60 จะมีการสร้างเกาะกลางถนนอุดร-หนองบัวลำภู จากบ้านปากดงไปอีก 10 กม.วงเงิน 10 ล้านบาท เพื่อลดจำนวนอุบัติเหตุที่เกิดสูง, ขยายถนนอุดร-สามพร้าวเป็น 4 ช่องจราจร ระยะทางอีก 1 กม. วงเงิน 17 ล้านบาท และขยายถนนอุดร-บ้านผือ บริเวณโค้งบ้านดงหมู (ตัดต้นยางนา 2 ต้น) เป็น 4 ช่องทางจราจร วงเงิน 19.5 ล้านบาท เพื่อแก้ไขปัญหาอุบัติเหตุเช่นกัน
The Sam Prao/Ring Road intersection project is due to be complete before the end of August 2059.
Next year (2060) a median along the Udon/Nongbualamphu Hwy will be constructed beginning from Bahn Bak Dong for 10 km to reduce accidents (I think Bahn Bak Dong is about k.11/12), price 10 million Baht.
Widen the SamPrao Rd to 4 lanes for an additional km. 17 million Baht.
And.....widen the Ban Pheua road in the area of the curve at Bahn Dong Moo to 4 lanes to reduce accidents, 19.5 million Baht.
Progress.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » July 28, 2016, 6:42 pm

Looking at the projected images it really looks great but three years? 555 TIT maybe six years maybe closer.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 29, 2016, 5:36 am

Widen the SamPrao Rd to 4 lanes for an additional km. 17 million Baht.
Work on this seemed to have started some months ago - filling in some ditches and laying some pipes instead. But only where the road could be widened without demolishing anything - and no road surface actually laid yet, work stopped about 2 months ago. Nothing seems to have been done to actually clear buildings, widen bridges or improve intersections .....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 29, 2016, 6:45 am

Come on Rick they will do it when traffic flows are highest causing the most disruption, I have one or two Thai friends along that road and they have no idea but are dreading the workmen's attitude to the traffic and the way they will do it.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 29, 2016, 7:29 am

parrot wrote:
Barney wrote:Any idea if it went out for tender to reputable companies either in Thailand or international?
3 years...they gotta be joking. Must be allowing additional time for funds to run out and refinancing.

With the complete lack of Thai logic and any thought for traffic control on even the smallest of road projects, one can foresee a complete cluster f,,k for delays.

If you saw what happened with the Big C overpass, you'd understand. I can't remember how long it took, but I'd guess it was in the range of 3 years. Most of that time, nothing was happening.

There's a picture log of how the product should look at
https://www.facebook.com/udon.today.new ... =3&theater
Yes I agree and understand Parrot about the Thainess in a project, hence my remark if it has gone out for an accredited and noteworthy true ISO company both local and International.
Large gov't tenders for major regional infrastructure projects over a certain amount should go through a process of tendering and not go to the job for the boys brigade. I am not saying this is not happening, but, :-"
Also not saying it should go to an international company either, but I have in the last 12 months observed while driving to work some large road/bridge/overpass projects in china be completed amazingly fast. Some would dwarf this intersection work.
Just saying.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 29, 2016, 8:55 am

"Boys Brigade" ?? You could have seen them in action Wednesday afternoon at the Sam Praow intersection of the ring road. 2 "technicians" :lol: :lol: on their hands and knees with a steel HAND trowel/float (about 7-8 inches long) each finishing (smoothing out) the concrete road work on the new right/center lane on the ring road. Talk about a laugh. Tal about backward technology. More like 40 years behind the rest of the world. I suppose the contractor pocketed the extra cash it would have cost to lay a proper concrete road surface with a REAL piece of machinery.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 29, 2016, 9:39 am

Barney wrote:
parrot wrote:
Barney wrote:Any idea if it went out for tender to reputable companies either in Thailand or international?
3 years...they gotta be joking. Must be allowing additional time for funds to run out and refinancing.

With the complete lack of Thai logic and any thought for traffic control on even the smallest of road projects, one can foresee a complete cluster f,,k for delays.

If you saw what happened with the Big C overpass, you'd understand. I can't remember how long it took, but I'd guess it was in the range of 3 years. Most of that time, nothing was happening.

There's a picture log of how the product should look at
https://www.facebook.com/udon.today.new ... =3&theater
Yes I agree and understand Parrot about the Thainess in a project, hence my remark if it has gone out for an accredited and noteworthy true ISO company both local and International.
Large gov't tenders for major regional infrastructure projects over a certain amount should go through a process of tendering and not go to the job for the boys brigade. I am not saying this is not happening, but, :-"
Also not saying it should go to an international company either, but I have in the last 12 months observed while driving to work some large road/bridge/overpass projects in china be completed amazingly fast. Some would dwarf this intersection work.
Just saying.

?ISO company?......those companies build things lIke new Tescos and condos. They wear hard hats and safety gear when they work. I didn't see any of that when the Big C bridge was being built........who knows. Maybe times have changed.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 29, 2016, 9:40 am

fdimike wrote: by fdimike » July 29, 2016, 8:55 am

"Boys Brigade" ?? You could have seen them in action Wednesday afternoon at the Sam Praow intersection of the ring road. 2 "technicians" on their hands and knees with a steel HAND trowel/float (about 7-8 inches long) each finishing (smoothing out) the concrete road work on the new right/center lane on the ring road. Talk about a laugh. Tal about backward technology. More like 40 years behind the rest of the world. I suppose the contractor pocketed the extra cash it would have cost to lay a proper concrete road surface with a REAL piece of machinery.
I'm wondering how you would have finished the concrete surface Mike? You can get power screeds, they only screed the concrete, all over the world you have to bend your back and use a trowel to get the finished sealed surface.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 29, 2016, 9:51 am

Just a few concrete power tools
concete heli.jpg
concete heli.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 4743 times
vibrating-screed-trade-tool-innovations-llc_72551.jpg
vibrating-screed-trade-tool-innovations-llc_72551.jpg (25.67 KiB) Viewed 4743 times

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 29, 2016, 3:35 pm

noosard wrote: by noosard » July 29, 2016, 9:51 am

Just a few concrete power tools

concete heli.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Yes your showing a helicopter and power screed, helicopters don't do edges and screeds do just that screed the surface flat, as stated you must pick up a trowel every time!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 29, 2016, 9:23 pm

Coxo are you trying to say that we have people on their hands and knees doing hand finishing on the thousands of expressways and super highway throughout the world. If this is what you are alleging than I would suggest you are out of touch with modern road construction techniques. This was not a driveway or sidewalk. This was being done on a HIGHWAY and there were 2 workers on their hands and knees with a bucket of water each and a HAND trowel in the middle of the concrete which had not fully set up yet . Normally this work is done by machinery with workers along the edge joint cleaning/dressing things up a bit.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 30, 2016, 7:35 am

fdimike wrote: by fdimike » July 29, 2016, 9:23 pm

Coxo are you trying to say that we have people on their hands and knees doing hand finishing on the thousands of expressways and super highway throughout the world. If this is what you are alleging than I would suggest you are out of touch with modern road construction techniques. This was not a driveway or sidewalk. This was being done on a HIGHWAY and there were 2 workers on their hands and knees with a bucket of water each and a HAND trowel in the middle of the concrete which had not fully set up yet . Normally this work is done by machinery with workers along the edge joint cleaning/dressing things up a bit.
What I'm saying is that throughout the world all edges and around penetrations are done by hand, dead right.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 30, 2016, 8:22 am

Not a lot of concrete used on main highways these days ...... probably due to lack of trowels and buckets of water :-"

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Overpass/tunnel Udon Ringroad Nongkai Hwy

Post by parrot » March 22, 2017, 5:03 pm

City officials met again to discuss the impending traffic problems once construction begins on the overpass/tunnel at the ringroad/Nongkai Hwy intersection. Some reports say construction could begin in April.
I'm just guessing that the Nongsamrong Rd (from the Nongkai Hwy to the ring road) will see a lot more traffic as a result.
http://www.matichon.co.th/news/503426

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 22, 2017, 10:18 pm

They had a choice of an overpass AND a tunnel and chose BOTH so a total win-win. However, looking at the concept drawing on the previous page, the heaviest flow (between 216 ring-road and Highway 2 Nongkhai road) will be interrupted by traffic lights whereas the two lighter flows of Highway 2 traffic from downtown headed north gets the tunnel and the 216 ring-road flow gets the overpass respectively.

The excuse for the virtually empty flyover from Phosi Highway 22 to Sakhon Nakhon Sawan at Big C versus the traffic lighted bottleneck on the ring road underneath was "the ring road wasn't so busy" when they got that flyover/underpass arse about tit. I wonder what the excuse will be for this clusterf*ck?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 23, 2017, 6:38 am

Logical thought was never a strong part of Thai thinking , so planning routes away from that junction over the next two years would be a LOGICAL step.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 23, 2017, 1:01 pm

seems like lots of pending projects with some depending upon others to get started.
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

Well in traveling about lots of infrastructures projects in the works now.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 28, 2017, 2:46 pm

I realize that no amount of thinking about it beforehand will reduce the pain and agony of having a tooth pulled..........but the clock is ticking on the beginning of construction. City officials seem to understand the problems construction will cause......and seem to be trying to find ways to minimize the pain.
You can flip through the photos of projected traffic routes at
https://www.facebook.com/udontoday.news ... S_TIMELINE

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » April 28, 2017, 4:50 pm

Well I hope they do more planning than the mess in Nong Samrong. There seems to have been no planning and no thought about disruption to businesses there.

Return to “Udon Thani News”