DiCaprio movie on climate change free till Nov 6

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

DiCaprio movie on climate change free till Nov 6

Post by milkman » October 31, 2016, 9:27 am

milkman
udonmap.com

Re: DiCaprio movie on climate change free till Nov 6

Post by milkman » November 2, 2016, 9:10 pm

Just want to say I've now seen the whole documentary- and some of the scenes in it are spectacular. Scary but spectacular. I don't see how DiCaprio had the time to go to all those countries to make this film, but it is a great accomplishment.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 2, 2016, 11:07 pm

Thanks for the tip. Glad I voted!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 3, 2016, 7:38 am

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/01/ ... e-guppies/

You guys are part of the chosen few who have watched. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hillary will find a way to make money off of climate, too. I'm sure of it. I hope she has to think about it from her home in NY instead of in The People's White House.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 3, 2016, 8:22 am

Full movie here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M

...maybe advisable to use VPN..atleast i do..for EVERYTHING...Btw.thanks LS for reminding me and other about this important topic..

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 3, 2016, 8:58 am

Just ten minutes in to the film i started to think about the yearly flooding we get here in Thailand/Bankok.Bankok is slowly sinkin in to the mud,ad to that that the people here only think from one day to another,if even that.Education in this matter..well just look at all these plastic and foamboxes been thrown/use everyday.Waterlevels get worse/rise by the year..Bankok..in 40 years..afraid to even think about the idea..Then we have Kina/USA/Russia and all the other BIGTIME polluters..doing what..I tryed to do some recycling smallscale,meaning at my home..well the garbargetruck many times just don't care..end up mixing it all toghether.I try to clean a 100 hundred meter stretch of garbage on each side of my soi..i could easly do it everyother day..i maybe do it 2 times a month..Well atleast Thais gives me the tumbsup when they passes me do this..and hopefully it rubs off..wishfull thinking..i know.

Okey,back wathing the movie..thanks for reading.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 3, 2016, 5:07 pm

A well made Film can change minds quite quickly. In this case an argument for Climate change. I'm sure given the Resources the same could be done for the Opposition. I've always said that the less we can produce through our Chimneys and Exhaust Pipes the better the World will be. I'll Watch the full Film on the weekend ....

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 14, 2016, 4:34 pm

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/nicolas-l ... ocumentary

Yes, there will always be an alternative view since science is never settled for real scientists.

Just one claim debunked.
It wouldn’t be a climate documentary without hearing the phrase “The science is settled” or that “97 percent of climate scientists agree.” This 97 percent statistic is nothing more than a false talking point. The figure comes from a 2013 study in Environmental Research Letters that examines the abstracts of nearly 12,000 academic papers on climate change.

Of the more than 4,000 studies that expressed an opinion, “97.1 percent endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.” But that doesn’t mean 97 percent of climatologists endorse man-made, imminent catastrophic warming.

Experts have a wide range of theories as to the magnitude of warming, the causes, the rate of future warming, etc. To demonstrate just how bogus the 97 percent statistic is, David Legates, former director of Delaware’s Center for Climatic Research, examined the same papers. He found that a mere 1 percent of the 4,014 papers expressing an opinion on climate change claim that the majority of warming since 1950 is man-made.

Despite imagery in the documentary alluding to more frequent and intense natural disasters, the data show no trends for extreme weather event.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 14, 2016, 6:53 pm

good video. thing is when someone puts a post up giving someone else's opinion, and you have to look the guy up.... only to find he's a geography teacher , so you read on about him, because its interesting what he has to say, but then your balloon gets popped when you read this, and then realise he's just a bit of a fruit that's funded by exxonmoil

In October 2009, Dr. Legates and 34 cosigners submitted a letter to the EPA outlining specific objections to the proposed endangerment rule.

Legates is a signatory of the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation's "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".

The declaration states:
"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."
According to the News Journal, "the Union of Concerned Scientists published a study listing Legates among several scientists it described as 'familiar spokespeople from ExxonMobil-funded organizations' that have regularly taken stands or sponsored reports questioning the science behind climate change warnings." Legates is a senior scientist of the Marshall Institute, a research fellow with the Independent Institute, and an adjunct scholar of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, all of which have received funding from ExxonMobil

that's David Legates debunked as a hardcore bible thumping creationist who thinks the world is only 10,000 years old, no wonder people look at skeptic as being odd balls, sadly its people like him that destroy the skeptics claims
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 14, 2016, 8:47 pm

LIBs always ignore facts. Attack the messenger. Minimize them in some way instead of proving their information wrong. Attack their religion. Attack their profession. That makes their information bogus. Right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 14, 2016, 10:26 pm

nope just pointing out he's a nutter.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 14, 2016, 11:03 pm

and here's another nutter.... you just have to believe.... hallelujah :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://answersingenesis.org/environmen ... e/ice-age/

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 16, 2016, 9:35 am

Climate change is happening. It has been happening for thousands of years. Scientists now have methods of checking how much CO2 was in the air way back before blaming fossil fuels. They discovered that there was more CO2 in the air before civilization had a chance to ruin the planet. Now even here in Thailand, the government has been able to cash in on this huge scam.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 17, 2016, 9:51 am

glalt wrote:Climate change is happening. It has been happening for thousands of years. Scientists now have methods of checking how much CO2 was in the air way back before blaming fossil fuels. They discovered that there was more CO2 in the air before civilization had a chance to ruin the planet. Now even here in Thailand, the government has been able to cash in on this huge scam.
Agree 110%. MMCC is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated -- and using co2, a necessary component of survival of life on the planet -- as the culprit.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 18, 2016, 12:33 am

Hmm, 15 of the 16 warmest years have been this century ...... the instrumental global temperature record has been broken 4 times in the last 6 years ..... AND will almost certainly be broken again this year ...... in the last 35 years average temperatures have risen by over 0.7 degrees Centigrade.

The last time CO2 levels were this high is millions of years ago. Humanity didn't exist then. Changes in CO2 levels have been linked to most of the climatic changes happening over the last 60 million years.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » November 18, 2016, 1:07 am

Deniers can deny all they want. I live in Fairbanks Alaska in the summer but have been traveling to Thailand since my retirement 6 years ago. This year appears to be like last year, very warm with little snow. I am living climate change. I have not seen -60 since the mid 70's when we had those temps at least 3 times a winter and lasted for almost 3 weeks and the new cold snap is a whopping -40 that lasts for maybe a week. We Americans are led to believe it is a natural occurrence to continue the astounding profits the elites are making while mother earth is dying. No worries though if it gets much worse mother earth will simply reset humanity. Our top priority in this incarnation is to be the stewards not the destroyers.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » November 18, 2016, 4:33 am

https://www.adn.com/arctic/2016/11/17/t ... -descends/
The Chena River that runs through Fairbanks is still not frozen over.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 18, 2016, 8:39 am

50 years is a drop in the bucket, and the local UM climate change guru would tell you "THAT'S WEATHER, not climate. Learn the difference." :lol:

Back to the the topic: Leo's movie.

Leo's movie is just that, a movie. Very dramatic. Lots of shocking special effects. Just like AlGore's movie with the predictions that never happened. That's why the Believers don't gain much support. Their predictions are often wrong.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 18, 2016, 2:07 pm

Ok, weather and climate. here is a definition for each:

Weather
the state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.
Climate
the composite or generally prevailing weather conditions of a region, as temperature, air pressure, humidity, precipitation, sunshine, cloudiness, and winds, throughout the year, averaged over a series of years
Ok not exactly specific, but i don't think 50 years is weather. does one years weather vary from another - yes. How many should a series of years be to say it's climate? well, nothings set in stone, but if the climate is stable, if you average the weather conditions recorded over 10 years there should be little change from one decade to another, so i would say you need at least a decade. Most climactic averages for regions are done on a 30 or 40 year average basis.

If we look at the decadal averages, in the first 100 years of the instrumental temperature record (from 1880 onwards) only 2 decades show a temperature change of more than 0.1 degree centigrade. Total warming over 100 years is 0.3 degrees centigrade. Every decade since 1980 has seen a temperature rise of nearly 0.2 degrees centigrade, including the current decade (which is only half complete). In the last 35 years the temperature has warmed nearly 3 times as much as the previous 100 years. That's not variable weather, that's climate change.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 18, 2016, 3:42 pm

ok weather, that's when you open the door and it's raining, that's weather, weather can change by the hour
ok climate, that's when open the door expecting rain but it never comes, leading to drought. climate changes over 1,000's or 10,000's of years. we know that to be true. we study weather to put together data to see if climate is changing. for those that don't 'get it' please explain why then we have weather/climate, why are there two different words if they mean the same thing. I mean Florida has a nice climate, but it also has some nasty weather. this is a concept a 10 year old would have no problem with , climate is relatively stable, weather is unstable. but hey up to you ,if a simple concept is outside of someone's ability to grasp, then there no hope of understanding the idea of climate change either.
the uk in November is damp and cold, but hey its 8.30 in the morning without a cloud in the sky ,has the climate changed , no the weather has, will it be sunny tomorrow, probably not. perhaps I should watch the TV for tomorrows 'climate forecast' :lol:

Return to “Open Forum”