Where to eat in Kumphawapi?

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Valou

Where to eat in Kumphawapi?

Post by Valou » January 10, 2017, 8:59 pm

Hi,

Do you know a good Thai restaurant in Kumphawapi? If possible with an English menu ;)

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: Where to eat in Kumphawapi?

Post by lassebasse » January 11, 2017, 9:27 am

Have you tried the KP Hotel?

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » January 11, 2017, 4:22 pm

lassebasse wrote:Have you tried the KP Hotel?
The food at KP is nothing special in my opinion but you will at least get an English menu. There is one at the very end of Yimprasit which is the main street down the side of the market which I think has an English menu but, could be wrong.

The best ones have only Thai menus although there are pictures.

My own personal favourites:

1. As you approach the lights coming into town, turn left just before the lights and after the Tesco entrance on the right. After 50m, the road bears round to the right. However, instead, you can turn left down a dirt track. You will find it down here by a lake (there is signage). Its name is something like Suan See Muang

2. Down the same road, if you follow the road right rather than going down the dirt track, you will see a restaurant on the right after about 100m. They do speak some English here if the right people are in.

3. If you are venturing out as far as KP, there is a restaurant on the main 2023 road about half a km before the railway tracks on the right hand side as you are coming from Kumphawapi/Pandon. Its name is something like Tom Tam. They have a Saturday market on the land adjacent to the restaurant.

Hope this helps.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 12, 2017, 3:05 pm

smile pizza shop in kumpawapi
u can get a top pan pizza chunky ham steak or seafood etc for 200 baht, fish @chips fish is skinned and boned 1 whole large fillet deep fried in sunflower oil with beer batter plus fries 150 baht. desert there r swiss choclate fudge cup cakes with whipped cream [great with a coffee] 15 baht ,also good range of tai food ,wine is 50 baht a glass leo 60 baht bottle etc etc only fresh quality makings r used cooked in a super clean kitchen .music is slow paced popular tai and european :D

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » January 12, 2017, 3:54 pm

mak wrote:smile pizza shop in kumpawapi
u can get a top pan pizza chunky ham steak or seafood etc for 200 baht, fish @chips fish is skinned and boned 1 whole large fillet deep fried in sunflower oil with beer batter plus fries 150 baht. desert there r swiss choclate fudge cup cakes with whipped cream [great with a coffee] 15 baht ,also good range of tai food ,wine is 50 baht a glass leo 60 baht bottle etc etc only fresh quality makings r used cooked in a super clean kitchen .music is slow paced popular tai and european :D
Hi Mak. Dont know this place and I have been in Kumphawapi over 10 years - not unusual for me as I am not the most observant person!! I seem to remember a take away shop where you could get a pizza (maybe you could sit down as well but I never went in) but I thought it closed a few years back. Can you let me know where Smile is please. Thanks.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

wayneor0 (smile pizza shop) stopped posting one year ago, so maybe it's closed.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”