Paypal account in Thailand

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
TicToc
udonmap.com

Paypal account in Thailand

Post by TicToc » February 10, 2017, 3:17 pm

I have a paypal account in UK but can't use here as paypal is country specific as i understand it,
so my question is does anyone know if you can open a paypal account here using a Bangkok Bank/Kasikorn Bank
cash card ,not a visa card.
Thanks

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Paypal account in Thailand

Post by 747man » February 10, 2017, 4:47 pm

Well I Use my U.K Paypal account here in Thailand.......NO Problem !!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 10, 2017, 5:28 pm

I think you need a Visa card, but not sure. You can try, and then you`ll see what you need. But you need to use another email than the one you use for your UK account.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 10, 2017, 5:59 pm

My paypal account is linked to my BKK bank account and BKK debit card.. no issues in any shape or form. Various emails are input.. all verified.. and monies COME directly to BKK bank in 6/7 days. Oh.. also paypal has my Udon Thani address.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 10, 2017, 6:14 pm

Its not hard to get a Paypal account...if my wife can get one, some of you Boys can do also. I think she went through Green Bank or some other local bank.
I was a frequant buyer/seller on Paypal before coming here. Its a good tool to have in your toobox.
You can sell and buy (or buy to sell)
I always told my friends, before coming here, set up a EBAY and Paypal account.....you can do many things.

oldtimeudon
udonmap.com

Post by oldtimeudon » August 12, 2018, 11:03 am

to be honest I do not think having Paypal is any of use, I had Paypal for about eight years and the only problem
I have had was when I had booked two flights to the UK, When I went to change the dates I phoned and the ''Agent''
I had booked through said I had not given him any money ? next time I rang the airline office they would not handle
my problem and I would have to phone Phuket? he then said he wanted pictures of me and my wife.....I spoke with
a friend from the states about Paypal and he said they are only for the seller. and when I phoned them they said
I have to inform them within 90 days of my purchase? I did explain it was impossible for me to adhere to their rules
as I had booked near a year in advance and only found out we had to change are dates after three months, they still
showed no intention of helping but as I had used a credit card issued by the bank I had used for near forty years I was asked (by my bank) if I wanted them to act on my behalf....yes please....a few days later the money was back in my account so you do not need another organisation that just wants to sponge off you....and drop you like hot Sh**e when you have problems.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 10, 2018, 6:41 am

Liam Dale wrote:
February 10, 2017, 5:59 pm
My paypal account is linked to my BKK bank account and BKK debit card.. no issues in any shape or form. Various emails are input.. all verified.. and monies COME directly to BKK bank in 6/7 days. Oh.. also paypal has my Udon Thani address.
For me I only use Paypal for buying so only need the Card number protection that is a prime important point with my Paypal usage. I currently have a Japanese and a Thai Paypal account but can not fulfill the ridiculously onerous requirements for a UK one.

With the data breaches that are constantly happening Paypal is a reasonable help.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”