Post by Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 2:08 am

& Cu later copper?
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Junk Gold

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 16, 2017, 7:43 am

Udon Map wrote:
felixcat wrote:... asking price 1700 tb. ... ... ... minutes later another call, now 450 tb.
That's stretching the limits of credibility, at least for me. Don't know what anyone else thinks.
I'm with you there.

Even the first asking price is ridiculous as 2 Baht was selling for around ฿12,000 and 3 Baht for ฿18,000

Let alone the selling price which would have been either ฿26,000 or ฿40,000 per Baht weight. Gold didn't get to the first until 2012 and has never been near the second. In 2000 it was between ฿6,000 and ฿7,000

So assuming that the amounts quoted are true the only reason I can see for the sellers taking such a low price and dropping so quickly was that it was stolen and they had to get rid of it.
And for the buyer "there's one born every minute" springs to mind as he would have been paying 4 to 6 times the market rate.

So felixcat should be selling coals to Newcastle, Igloos to Eskimos or running to replace the Trump. Also is better than any used car salesman I've ever heard of.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 17, 2017, 12:08 am

It was an old style bracelet and they wanted to sell it and buy new styles.
Review my message again, They dropped the price 4 times. When I said #0 minutes later, typo, should have been 30 mins.
Our driver was a Gov Officals daughter, she was friends with my wife and with the shop, also we had a armed quard in the car for her protection. That was cool. Gold prices in 1997 were something like $300 , maybe less. But my selling price in US was nice.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 17, 2017, 8:21 pm

felixcat wrote:It was an old style bracelet and they wanted to sell it and buy new styles.
That doesn't change the amount they would have been payed by a gold shop, if genuine. They would have even payed about 600 Baht less than the new price per baht weight so at minimum 10,000 for a 2 baht bracelet and 16,000 for a 3 baht one probably even more as part exchange.

It was hot and they had to get rid of it,or fake.

Or all in the mind.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 17, 2017, 10:04 pm

Some of you think too much. I like to help amyone, but this is rediculas.
Next topic please,,,,or I will start one soon......don't hold your breth.
Be well......

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 24, 2017, 4:30 pm

BahtMan, Posted this to you by email, but I want to post to others.
The Magnet test, ...If you put a magnet to gold or silver, and it is fake or has alot on other metals in it. Just take the magne it t will show. If your gold is 9k, 10, ect, you will get a lesser "pull". If its fake, you will get no pull at all/ unless it is very low gold plated.
Have fum, boys

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

felixcat wrote:The Magnet test, ...If you put a magnet to gold or silver, and it is fake or has alot on other metals in it. Just take the magne it t will show. If your gold is 9k, 10, ect, you will get a lesser "pull". If its fake, you will get no pull at all/ unless it is very low gold plated.
Gold is not magnetic. So 24 karat gold will not be affected by a magnet. Lesser purities of gold may be affected, but not necessarily. Less than 24 karat means that another material has been added to the gold. Historically, that metal added has typically been magnetic, making it fairly easy to tell if the gold is pure or not. More recently, non-ferrous metals have been used to produce gold of less than 24 karats, so the magnet test is no longer reliable in that regard.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”