any advices on how to reduce the urges of smoking?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: any advices on how to reduce the urges of smoking?

Post by semperfiguy » March 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Watch these short videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZvDrLP-pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aigcxc4JID0

If that doesn't help, go to the Udon General Hospital to the cancer wards and sit there for a few hours watching people struggle to breathe.

Up to you....the power to stop lies within you!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 3, 2017, 2:21 pm

You could probably do a survey or poll on this, those who quit cold turkey and succeeded, those that used some form of medication and succeeded and then all those that failed, I did it cold turkey ten years ago and succeeded because I wanted to stop, simple really...it's about breaking your habit.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 3, 2017, 4:59 pm

LissetteHBailey wrote:I am 3 days w/o cigarettes. I smoke 20 sticks only. not smoking nw because of my tonsils n sick. any advices on how to reduce the urges of smoking?
The OP did not ask how to quit smoking. He cannot currently tolerate smoking due to an illness.

If your not trying to get off the nicotine, take it in a different form, nicotine patch, nicotine gum, chewing tobacco or snus.

If you are trying to quit completely then your half way there. Physical nicotine addiction withdrawals are gone within a week. After that the psychological addiction will require conviction to stay off the cig's. Those cravings dissipate with time.

BJS

Post by BJS » March 4, 2017, 5:10 am

I wasn't trying to give up..but brought the patch to put on my arm for the 9 hours flight on the trip to Thailand.
Didn't even think about smoking ..the whole time.
When I got home to OZ..gave up in a week with the patches .
But when I take the family back to Udon ..I break as its to hard to sit in a bar with out smoking.
Try the patches they do help A LOT.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”