semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Proof of Income Australian Embassy

Post by semperfiguy » March 5, 2017, 11:37 am

Australians – Please Take Note

From: Ronald J Elliott, Honorary Consul of Australia in Chiang Mai

https://www.facebook.com/australianhonc ... NE&fref=nf

Changes to Obtaining an Income Statutory Declaration

Many Australians use Notarial services of the Embassy Consular team in Bangkok or the bimonthly Outreach Program to Chiang Mai to complete documentation for their annual Thai visa renewals.

The Australian Embassy has advised that if you complete and are signing a Statutory Declaration claiming a monthly income amount in support of a retirement or other visa, you must now provide proof of that income such as a bank, Superannuation or Centrelink statement to Consular staff.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Proof of Income Australian Embassy

Post by minimiglia » March 5, 2017, 2:42 pm

Good, about time the American Embassy did the same.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 5, 2017, 3:19 pm

minimiglia wrote:Good, about time the American Embassy did the same.
And why on earth would you wish such a burden on any expat living here, American or otherwise! We already have to jump through enough hoops with Thai Immigration as it is.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 5, 2017, 3:55 pm

Why not rules are rules and too many brag about lying for their piece of paper, all should have to follow the same rules

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 5, 2017, 3:57 pm

If you meet the rules, it is a walk in the park to renew your extension, so why not all have to meet the requirements and supply proof.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 5, 2017, 7:11 pm

minimiglia wrote:If you meet the rules, it is a walk in the park to renew your extension, so why not all have to meet the requirements and supply proof.
You're correct. Rules are rules, but these might be new rules required by Thailand of Australians.

Each country has their own agreements regarding travel, expats, etc. I doubt that any embassy unnecessarily burdens its citizens with things like this just to do it. It creates more work for the embassy, and they don't get anymore financial benefit from it.

Since all countries have different or slightly similar arrangements for travel, the different visas and the number of days that can be traveled on just a passport, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that something changed between Australia and Thailand in this area.

There are even land ownership differences with different countries and Thailand, and Americans enjoy that privilege through the Amity Treaty.

I'm guessing that there's something new going on between Thailand and Australia regarding expats.

It could just as easily occur with US expats, and I couldn't care less one way or the other. Documentation is easy to produce. For those who have been lying, that's their problem. :D
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 6, 2017, 8:04 am

semperfiguy wrote:
minimiglia wrote:Good, about time the American Embassy did the same.
And why on earth would you wish such a burden on any expat living here, American or otherwise! We already have to jump through enough hoops with Thai Immigration as it is.
Correct - Well said! =D>

Only hope that in my case they have a CPA on the consular staff who understands my tax return (I can barely make head nor tale of it) and they understand that the days of paper bank statements are long gone. Being a Thai witnessing the Stat Dec wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't ask for my Aussie Bank Book!! 5555555

Looks like I'll have to take my NoteBook PC with me next year.

The gods of bureaucracy and hoops are alive and well. :-$
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 6, 2017, 10:01 am

I have found in the Oz Embassy BKK. It isnt too bad.

There is a Stat Dec proforma available at the counter.

An example of how to fill out the necessary details.

The Stat dec is signed in front of consular staff.

I did ask if Aussies in Udon can cross the bridge. Reply is if the Stat Dec is used in Thailand then it must be signed in Thailand .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 12, 2017, 10:38 am

I had occasion to speak with the head of ACS in the recent US Embassy visit to Khon Kaen. She told me that they are always meeting with Thai Immigration to make things run more smoothly and indicated that each country makes their own arrangements regarding the requirements. If some expats from some countries have to prove their income, it's because of a Thai requirement for that country or the country itself just adds the requirement.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Rockfossil
udonmap.com

Post by Rockfossil » August 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Can anyone tell me if they have used this new style of proof of income for their retirement visa, and if they (Australian Embassy/Thai Immigration) want more than just copies of Aus bank statements and Stat Dec. Need to renew my visa very soon and have not read of anyone using this new style of renewal.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 14, 2017, 11:03 am

Have you got a link etc for us to review and comment ?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 14, 2017, 2:33 pm

Delete - Double Post
Last edited by Bandung_Dero on August 14, 2017, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 14, 2017, 2:34 pm

Proof of income is NO LONGER required and was never a legal requirement. Some "jerk off" Embassy employee beating a drum he never had control of introduced it for a short time before his boss corrected the situation. Just the standard "Stat Dec" form and a credit card to pay the new rate = AUD $70.00. They no longer accept Thai Baht.

The contents of a Statutory Declaration is none of the notaries business, they are there just to witness your signature. There is a legal requirement that the contents is correct and you, the signatory, can be charged for supplying false information.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”