Kodi v17.0 Krypton and Exodus

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Kodi v17.0 Krypton and Exodus

Post by vincemunday » March 3, 2017, 12:48 pm

Kodi has now released the latest Krypton version of it software. I have upgraded from Jarvis and I'm sort of beginning to wish I hadn't. It's not quite as easy to use as Jarvis, the addons need to be put on the old fashioned way, uploading the repository etc making it quite tough for the novice to build it. My advice for those who aren't perhaps as aux fait with uploading and installing reps is stay where you are, don't upgrade. I've put the No Limits Magic Build on mine and early impressions are that it's quite good, all very pretty but I'm having stability problems, hopefully this will be ironed out in the next release. For those of you who use Exodus, the developer has decided he doesn't want to play any more and has walked away from the product, pretty much the same as Mash Up, he hasn't however sent out kill code on it yet and it will continue to work for now so don't delete it despite what you hear. If anyone has updated and are now in bit of a pickle, drop me a line and I will see if I can help.

A little footnote for Barney. I'll be sitting in the wife's restaurant down Soi Jintakarm if anyone needs me :) Sorry, I couldn't resist it Barney. :)

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Re: Kodi v17.0 Krypton and Exodus

Post by Charlieb » March 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Exodus is not going away but will be maintained by another team. Seems someone was screwing with it and Lamda, the developer, decided to quit. https://torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-a ... et-170203/

If you find the Kodi 17 interface confusing you can load the old Convergence skin and then look an feel will be as before. There are still some minor differences

I am having no problems at all with the Krypton version

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 3, 2017, 2:45 pm

Are you using a build on it Charlie or have you loaded it yourself? This is the first time I've used a build, perhaps that's where the problems lie. I'm also finding it really skittish when using an air mouse, it flies through the menus and it doesn't like being dragged i'm having to use the directional buttons, I'm not sure I'm liking this much at all or perhaps I'm just a stick in the mud.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 3, 2017, 4:00 pm

I downloaded 'Modbro' to my android box, great selection and all free.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 3, 2017, 4:56 pm

I managed to stabilise it by downloading Kodi straight from their site as opposed to the play store, I also installed an Ares build which seems to have ironed out all the issues I was having before apart from the air mouse being very skittish, happy days. Yes Bob, Mobdro is a great app.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » March 3, 2017, 6:16 pm

I'm sticking with 16.1 Jarvis... I've played with Krypton 17 and 17.1, I like the new interface but I found it laggy compared to Jarvis.
Exodus still working fine on Jarvis and as it's the best Repo out IMHO, I'm sticking with what works for me.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 3, 2017, 8:26 pm

I loaded my own and use the convergence skin. The skin that comes with 17 is hard to use with a mouse

scooter
udonmap.com

Post by scooter » March 4, 2017, 7:00 am

Having earlier read about version 17 problems, there was no way I was updating from Jarvis. Exodus is the best (for me) addon, though I have several others that I "play with" now and then, just to see something different and to keep up with the latest.

I have an Android 6.0 tv-box with 2GB/16GB and it's pretty fast. The downside is, that the "New Cloud TV" app (NOT addon!) can't install. I have the same app on a 4.2 box and it works very nicely. If someone has a work-around or alternative for this app, then I'd appreciate a nudge - ta!

Cheers

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 7, 2017, 9:19 am

Hi can anyone tell me why when watching tv shows the pictures & sound are perfect during the adverts but breaks up immediately it returns to the show?!!!!
Particularly the golf channel
Many thanks
Ps I'm on Jarvis as don't know how to update to Krypton

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 7, 2017, 12:28 pm

Maybe because the Golf Channel just plays that stupid music during commercial breaks.
Takes a lot more bandwidth for video than it does for audio

It may or may not help but do you have an advancedsettings.xml file setup? If not just Goggle it. Lots of places will tell you how. Be aware, the settings are different for Kodi 17.

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » March 7, 2017, 7:13 pm

vidmaster wrote:Hi can anyone tell me why when watching tv shows the pictures & sound are perfect during the adverts but breaks up immediately it returns to the show?!!!!
Particularly the golf channel
Many thanks
Ps I'm on Jarvis as don't know how to update to Krypton
vidmaster are you running it on 91 benzine or 95 gold?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Benzine of course Wizzwanger
Garage near Rockhouse has benzine
Nice to know someone has a sense of humor here

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » March 7, 2017, 8:04 pm

:D
vidmaster wrote:Benzine of course Wizzwanger
Garage near Rockhouse has benzine
Nice to know someone has a sense of humor here
:D BTW 95 gold at gas station opposite old tesco

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 12, 2017, 3:24 pm

[quote="vincemunday"]I managed to stabilise it by downloading Kodi straight from their site as opposed to the play store, I also installed an Ares build which seems to have ironed out all the issues I was having before apart from the air mouse being very skittish, happy days. Yes Bob, Mobdro is a great app.[/quote]
I discovered the same result when I downloaded Kodi Krypton Ver 17.0 from the Play Store. The download from the Playstore was very unstable. I side loaded it directly from the Kodi web site and installed it using ES File explorer and the distribution from the Kodi web site is much more stable. I have been running Kodi Krypton Ver 17.0 on a T95X Android TV box with Exodus, cCloud and Phoenix with stable results. I also have TRAKT.TV addon in my build to consolidate my collections and other listings.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 4, 2017, 10:24 pm

I got message saying must update to Krypton 17.1 & it won't open as it needs Windows 10!!!
Is there any way to get Jarvis16.1 back?
I've tried but can't find how or where as KODI only offers Krypton
Thanks

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » April 5, 2017, 12:17 am

I have it in my mediafire storage... click the link below to download it (click the green box when it's ready)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wms2r2q3c ... Jarvis.exe

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 5, 2017, 4:14 am

Many thanks Stevo

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 5, 2017, 5:55 am

official kodi download website...http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=kodi ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 5, 2017, 6:20 am

kodi 17 is best working on android 5.1 + higher , what the android boxes is concerned do not buy the cheaper ones with only 1 or 2 gb ram ,quad core, best (affordable ) box to me is the one i am using now
http://www.lazada.co.th/smart-android-b ... .html?ff=1
3gb of ram ,octacore,912 amlogic, so more play space , and i am not using a build because to much unnecessary programs , so many movie apps, with all same movies , i only put phoenix/ exodus/uk turk playlists , last one i use the most , and sportsdevil which i have not yet used as i only look football which i still can download easy and look when ever i want ...
this will all be to each his preferences and i am using this box as an extra , because all what i need is still downloadable from the internet ...as info ... ;)

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”