Coffee Beans

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
wazza
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by wazza » July 3, 2016, 11:09 am

Im trying to find some nice Vietnamese / Lao coffee beans in Udon

The lovely Vietnamese coffee shop and restaurant in NK only sells ground coffee.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by RLTrader » July 3, 2016, 3:43 pm

wazza wrote:Im trying to find some nice Vietnamese / Lao coffee beans in Udon

The lovely Vietnamese coffee shop and restaurant in NK only sells ground coffee.
Long time back, english neighbor would get his Lao coffee Beans from I think NK, where I don't know, but his wife use to grind them for me, so unless something has changed can't find in Udon.

He is no longer here, so can't ask.

parrot
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by parrot » July 3, 2016, 3:45 pm

For a few years I was able to buy Dao coffee beans (from the mountains of Laos) through a supplier in Ubon.....and they were great. But that supplier is no more. I've since been buying Zolito brand coffee beans at Makro, dark South variety. 500g for about 180 baht. I use a Bialetti Moka coffee maker and can tailor the taste to suit.
The beans sold on the river in Nongkai are unpredictable.....usually roasted far too dark for my liking. And it's anyone's guess how long the beans have been packaged.

If anyone sees Dao beans for sale locally, please let me know. All this talk about AEC, and the only product I see available from another AEC country are fly trap pads from Vietnam! Go figure.
http://www.daoheuanggroup.com/daocoffee/index.php
Attachments
20160621_192509.jpg
dao-coffee-1.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by parrot » July 3, 2016, 4:02 pm

I found this website for Dao distributor in Thailand......I sent them a short email and asked if they ship to Udon. I'll let you know what they say.
http://www.daocoffeethailand.com/produc ... d_bean.php

wazza
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by wazza » July 3, 2016, 8:19 pm

parrot wrote:I found this website for Dao distributor in Thailand......I sent them a short email and asked if they ship to Udon. I'll let you know what they say.
http://www.daocoffeethailand.com/produc ... d_bean.php
Mr Parrot

Im up for an order, if that also helps you,

fdimike
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by fdimike » July 3, 2016, 9:04 pm

The Dao coffee distributor in Ubon is still there in the same shop as before. My niece just sent me 6 packages of their Gold beans.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

stoneman
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by stoneman » July 6, 2016, 6:35 am

Big display of Lao coffee in the Duty Free Store at the Bridge...

the-monk
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by the-monk » July 6, 2016, 8:51 am

Not Laos coffee beans but i understand that they are pretty good. I buy their ground coffee, being too lazy to clean the machine. Has anyone tried the DUANG DEE HILL TRIBE coffee ? Coffee beans grown in higher elevation on the north Thailand plateau.They will ship to you if you order a kg or more.
http://www.northernthailand.com/duangdee/

wazza
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by wazza » July 6, 2016, 3:32 pm

stoneman wrote:Big display of Lao coffee in the Duty Free Store at the Bridge...
Stoneman

Aware of this one thanks,

Its a $30 USD cost for the visa, so any savings need to cover that etc

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Coffee Beans

Post by ting_tong » July 6, 2016, 4:50 pm

if you want the very best coffee in Udon, Udon Delices (sponsor) is the place. They roast beans on site and sell by the 1/2 kilo and up. Next to RuySuk 2 on ring road.

You can also try Nai Yung coffee from the uppper part of Udon.

Most of that Lao coffee is usually over roasted and bitter, but then again, there are farangs that drink folgers and maxwell house???

There is another awful place that roasts coffee in the city, its a wannabe hiso hangout and the coffee is just awful, unless you like plastic bitter tasting coffee =;

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Coffee Beans

Post by wazza » March 14, 2017, 1:10 pm

Just back from Chiang Mai and found the BEST Roasted Beans I have tasted in Thailand to date

" Ponganes " Coffee Roasters

www.ponganesespresso.com

Email - [email protected]

Mobile 087 727 2980

They ship all over Thailand , wholesale and retail etc

I bought 5 x 1 kg bags @ 650 B per bag, roasted 2 days earlier.

Blend was

Sa Moeng - Chiang Mai 40%
Pang Khon - Chiang Rai - 20%
omkol = Chiang Mai 40%

English is spoken very well and happy to ship to Udon etc ( the guy worked in Sydney for a few years and knows the girls from Dose quiet well ) didnt know that at the time....

Its not a plug by any means, just advising of a place that sources, roasts and ships...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 17, 2017, 8:06 am

Thanks for the links, I might give them a shot. I was impressed by Red Cliff who are another Chiang Mai roaster that sells and ships countrywide. In the meantime (or you are in a rush) pop out to the airport and sample the Nayung coffee, just to the right of the arrivals exit from baggage claim (and the walk way to the new bit). Their excellent Isaan-grown coffee is available in Premium, Special and Extra grades.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 12:45 pm

tamada wrote:Thanks for the links, I might give them a shot. I was impressed by Red Cliff who are another Chiang Mai roaster that sells and ships countrywide. In the meantime (or you are in a rush) pop out to the airport and sample the Nayung coffee, just to the right of the arrivals exit from baggage claim (and the walk way to the new bit). Their excellent Isaan-grown coffee is available in Premium, Special and Extra grades.
Thanks for this, Ive got 5 kg of CM beans, plus 4 of Lao beans to get through, but might try a small bag from this premise soon.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2017, 3:12 pm

wazza wrote:
tamada wrote:Thanks for the links, I might give them a shot. I was impressed by Red Cliff who are another Chiang Mai roaster that sells and ships countrywide. In the meantime (or you are in a rush) pop out to the airport and sample the Nayung coffee, just to the right of the arrivals exit from baggage claim (and the walk way to the new bit). Their excellent Isaan-grown coffee is available in Premium, Special and Extra grades.
Thanks for this, Ive got 5 kg of CM beans, plus 4 of Lao beans to get through, but might try a small bag from this premise soon.

Wazza how do you sleep with all that caffeine drug pumping through the brain.
But coffee is great if you can find the right roasted beans or grind.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 3:16 pm

Max of 3 per day, kicking off at 0800 - 0900. finished by 1100

DuaLipa

Post by DuaLipa » April 17, 2017, 11:12 am

I tried the Dao espresso, with the green package, it kinda flat flavor

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”