Traffic Fatalities

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dingdong
udonmap.com

Re: Traffic Fatalities

Post by dingdong » March 21, 2017, 9:56 am

A little bit of History on the UK Driving test since inception

Hope this is interesting
Ding

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/d ... iving-test

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 21, 2017, 10:08 am

It'll never change here,load of hot air and that's it.i think when there's any problems arise in Thailand,the propaganda is posted and the problems solved.20 years from now it will be same old story.thailand is in a warp of its own.they don't even know the world is round,most think it's as flat as a map.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 21, 2017, 10:19 am

Udon Map wrote:
felixcat wrote:... later I found out I had 4 broken collar bones ....
There are only two collarbones (clavicles) in your body.
Perhaps he had comminuted #'s and 2 fracture sites per clavicle

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 23, 2017, 4:25 pm

You guys are so funny, you take one mistake in my posting and you want to start a parade.
Please let me clarify the situation.
My collar bone was broke in four places.
Go enjoy your parade. I was left for dead late that night, the hitter ran away . My wife and i were mowed down in another situation..not our fault. before the age of 20 I was in 3 totaled cars. was a passenger in 2 and a lone driver in one. Fell asleep at the wheel from working double shifts. Increduible miracle: car completely domolished. Opened my eyes to find myself standing 25 ft away from my car in a farmers plowed field. Standing in front of the car. It was so quiet, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I kept thinking, "I'm suppose to be in that car". Then reality set in. Just finished fixing my car from fitting a deer weeks before, I looked at one side, totaled, top smashed down, wheels & axels all broken, front & backs, both sides. EXCEPT, the windshield and driver window undamaged. Also , the drivers door was closed. I had no injuries. Farmers who were up early that morning said I rolled about 5 times, hit a boulder in the ditch and went end over end 3 times. That was a big wake-up to "someone is watching over me". Ran a sucessful Liecenced Medical/dental operation for 20 yrs, after I gave up on the Criminal Justice years before. Long story short, made stacks and stacks, gave most away. Got out of the biz. then into investing.(for a short time). Suffered a blood clot in my lung at 47. They told me I actually died for about 5 days. Kept me on a defibulator and would not "let me go", even there was no information in my wallet of "insurance" or "contact numbers". Is that God? or what?. Make your jokes those of you with nothing to turn to. Today, I am older, smarter, a bit more pissed off at the corrupt world we live in. But, one thing is for sure, I will never back down from what I believe.
Really, the rest after that is none of anyones business. unless this message has touched you and you would like to know more.
[email protected]

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 23, 2017, 6:31 pm

OK, Wassa, I really don't want to argue with you. In fact I would like to know you bettter. You have alot of knowledge and so do I. . I have over 20 yrs in the medical/dental field, and another 10 yrs studing dealing with those who have surrcombed to cancer of the head. , that requires their left or rt side of mouth to be cut out , above the nose and sinuses, and one of my "specialities" was to build a appliance that would slide up into the sinus area and also provide them with functional teeth to help them eat and close up the sinus areas. Want to talk about Psychology?, The central nervous system?, I know you don't want to talk about Vaccines. right? Don't rock the boat, lest you lose your job. Rehabilitation, mental and psychical.?
I will stop here, because i can go all the way down to the toes.And yes, i do have a Drgree in Ciminal Justice. Want to talk about that?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 23, 2017, 11:53 pm

felixcat wrote:You guys are so funny, you take one mistake in my posting and you want to start a parade.
No parade, just clarifying. Sometimes making statements which are obviously inaccurate can impact one's credibility.
felixcat wrote:Then reality set in.
Speaking of reality....
felixcat wrote:Just finished fixing my car from fitting a deer weeks before, I looked at one side, totaled, top smashed down, wheels & axels all broken, front & backs, both sides. EXCEPT, the windshield and driver window undamaged. Also , the drivers door was closed. I had no injuries. Farmers who were up early that morning said I rolled about 5 times, hit a boulder in the ditch and went end over end 3 times.
So just want to be sure that I have this right. The car rolled and went end-over-end numerous times, the roof was crushed down, windshield was still in place and driver's door closed, yet somehow you got out of the car and were 25 feet away at the conclusion of these events? And both the wheels and axles were broken? I don't think that I've ever seen a wheel broken as the result of a crash. They're hard to break, being made of heavy, solid steel or aluminum and relatively small in diameter. And how did the windshield stay in place if the roof was crushed down? I'm having difficulty picturing this. I don't want to start a parade, but....
felixcat wrote:Ran a sucessful Liecenced Medical/dental operation for 20 yrs....
IIRC after 20 years in the dental business, you didn't know what a root canal was or how it's done. That from another UM thread.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » March 24, 2017, 12:42 am

felixcat wrote:They told me I actually died for about 5 days.
So, you were clinically brain dead for... 5 days? no brain damage?
felixcat wrote:...Kept me on a defibulator...
so, constant electric shocks to the heart for the 5 days then, yeah?

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 24, 2017, 1:15 am

Stevo wrote: So, you were clinically brain dead for... 5 days? no brain damage?
Hehe, Stevo, please can I draw your attention to some of Felix's posts in order to answer that question..........

Hang about, let me settle in & get some popcorn, this is going to run

Yep, good now, carry on..
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2017, 1:32 am

Trapped Patient with Complete Airway Obstruction.jpg
Damaged windscreen
Felix its 0048 Local and I feel the urge to reply now as my endorphins have kicked in
" cancer of the head "
That isnt a medical term, do you mean tumours of the brain tissue and associated features. Does this include the Eye and Optic Nerve, as they are anatomically directly associated, Do you mean to include the 12 Cranial Nerves ?

FYI here is a simple link to relate to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranial_nerves

The Head also includes Bone and Skin, So are you saying metastases and melanomas as well ???

Another UM member has a corrected your treatment regime for your admission

Defibrillation is passing a synchronized shock over the ventricles , to convert a life threatening ECG, such as Ventricular Fibrillation ( VF ) or Ventricular Tachycardia ( VT ) into a ventriclar rhythm that creates ventricular contraction and cardiac output , ( that gives you a Blood Pressure, Cerebral perfusion and maintains life )

I presume you mean a ventilator, which maintains your respiration, during periods of sedation and subsequent unconscious state whilst in ICU.

You cant survive a period of anoxia ( no respirations / No O2 ) for more than 4,5,6 Mins, without having terminal cerebral outcome. Hypothermia could project those minutes into double figures, but no mention of snow or ice in your spectacular rollover.

Now, lets review this rollover and again UM has made comment about significant issues with the Mechanism of Injury etc.

No mention of a Seat Belt. Air bag deployed ??

This pict is a rollover near Korat. I witnessed this , the vehicle was travelling at high speed, lost control and travelled down a bank, rolling more than 5 times, and then flipping and landing on its wheels.

The female passenger was trapped inside and given up as dead, when I arrived, couldnt clear her airway, But managed to get the vehicle jack on the head rest and lifted the compressed roof, up maybe 5 cms and only then could her airway be opened and she regained some slight / erratic resps. Inserted an oropharyngeal airway to allow her to keep breathing and stabilised her Neck. she had 2-3 minutes left before she would have died from hypoxioa due to a blocked Airway

Note the damaged windscreen, and I have been to hundreds of these in my many years, Windscreens generally pop out, and provide Clinical staff first access into the vehicle on many occasions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaccines

i an unable to find any posts where I have stated I would not debate Vaccinations. I have challenged you on several occasions to reply to statements ( remember the stabilising fluids in IV Drugs Vs same fluids in vaccination fluids )

Different vaccinations , some live bacteria, some not, Smallpox was an issue 100 odd years ago, not now, but your claim of Autism associated with vaccinations, should have shown up back then, with the other early vaccinations.

No comment from you on the latest vaccination ( few years old actually ) for females and reducing the associated Cervical Cancer.

Sorry if I have flossed over some issues,

PS - I presume your Dogs name is Lucky ?

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 24, 2017, 2:53 pm

Look at this one.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/975 ... paign=news

If this don't work go to Thai Visa.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

Never trust a red light to do what it is designed to do here, and always anticipate the most unexpected driving foolishness. Use extreme and extra caution at U-Turns from every possible direction, and remember the rule of the road: the biggest vehicle will flash its lights at you and has the right to crush you.

If you mind all of those unwritten rules, you'll have a great chance of survival no matter what vehicle you choose.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 26, 2017, 3:42 pm

Fines for not wearing seatbelts up to 500 Baht effective 5 April.
http://www.thairath.co.th/content/895066

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 26, 2017, 3:49 pm

I've been fined 500baht a couple of times in Phuket for no belt and that was over 5 years ago.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 26, 2017, 4:22 pm

Did the story mention back of pickup trucks or even the smart cab pickups back seat is not for passengers

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 26, 2017, 5:31 pm

noosard wrote:Did the story mention back of pickup trucks or even the smart cab pickups back seat is not for passengers
ตามกฎหมายว่าด้วยรถยนต์ พ.ศ. 2555 กำหนดให้รถยนต์ส่วนบุคคลที่จดทะเบียนตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 มกราคม 2531 – วันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2553 จะต้องติดตั้งเข็มขัดนิรภัยสำหรับที่นั่งของคนขับและที่นั่งตอนหน้ารถ ส่วนรถที่จดทะเบียนตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 มกราคม 2554 เป็นต้นไป กำหนดให้ต้องติดตั้งเข็มขัดนิรภัยทุกที่นั่ง และสำหรับรถตู้ส่วนบุคคล รถปิคอัพ และรถสองแถว ที่จดทะเบียนตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 มกราคม 2537 กำหนดให้ต้องติดตั้งเข็มขัดนิรภัยในที่นั่งของผู้ขับรถและที่นั่งตอนหน้า
According to the Motor Vehicle Act of 2555, privately owned vehicles, taxis, and limousines registered between Jan 1, 1988 and Dec 31 2010 must have seatbelts installed for frontal passengers. Vehicles registered after Jan 1, 2011 must have seatbelts installed at every seat.
In accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act BE 2555, personal vehicles, taxis and limousines registered from January 1, 1988 to December 31, 2010 must be installed. Seat belt for driver's seat and front seat For vehicles registered from 1 January 2011 onwards, seat belts must be installed at every seat.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 26, 2017, 5:59 pm

reading it literally, no seat there, no seat belt required....
Dave

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 26, 2017, 6:37 pm

parrot wrote:Fines for not wearing seatbelts up to 500 Baht effective 5 April.
http://www.thairath.co.th/content/895066

5555, My cynical nature, just says, every BIB in Thailand is about to buy a new car, jusy raised the on the spot turn over of non receipted offences

Return to “Travel & Transport”