The absurdity of Thailand

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: The absurdity of Thailand

Post by Barney » April 2, 2017, 12:38 pm

untitled.png
untitled.png (50.19 KiB) Viewed 924 times
It is funny how a comical post about a single absurd observation in Thailand as opposed to what you may observe in a first world country and its strict rules, can suddenly fly off into the cosmos by some taking things far to serious about others loving , hating or whatever else about living in Thailand.
My first and only thoughts on the post to me is how silly or absurd the girl may look in her parasol hat.
The fact she is doing it without a care in the world and no thought for her well being if she fell off is absurd, but, that's the unique beauty of Thailand. They don't give a hoot what people think.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » April 2, 2017, 1:45 pm

Barney wrote:untitled.png

It is funny how a comical post about a single absurd observation in Thailand as opposed to what you may observe in a first world country and its strict rules, can suddenly fly off into the cosmos by some taking things far to serious about others loving , hating or whatever else about living in Thailand.
My first and only thoughts on the post to me is how silly or absurd the girl may look in her parasol hat.
The fact she is doing it without a care in the world and no thought for her well being if she fell off is absurd, but, that's the unique beauty of Thailand. They don't give a hoot what people think.
Wish I had got my thesaurus out and looked for another word for absurd now but, I only got as as as learning the "A"s in the dictionary. I am such an awfully, asinine ass****

Happy Sunday folks!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 6, 2017, 10:33 am

I do indeed find it interesting that people who go back to their home country to be among normal people end up back here in Thailand. I certainly wouldn't live anywhere that I hated. Thailand is a great place to retire provided that you have enough money to comfortably live out your remaining days.

Sometimes it is a fatal mistake to try to get rich here. It is not a good place to live if you are broke.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 6, 2017, 1:13 pm

glalt wrote:I do indeed find it interesting that people who go back to their home country to be among normal people .

Sometimes it is a fatal mistake to try to get rich here. It is not a good place to live if you are broke.
Well I must ask , what are normal people ? I have been here over 30 years now and it certainly wouldn't be normal for me to live in an area where most of my neighbours were of foreign extraction, nor to send a kid to school and find they were a minority among their class mates, guess that makes me abnormal? However I strongly agree with the last remark, whilst in the early years here I did a bit of importing and exporting, mainly to keep myself occupied, I have never considered trying to make a living here and from what I see, not many do so successfully , but it is a great place to retire. \:D/
Things ain't what they used to be.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 6, 2017, 1:53 pm

The "normal" in my post was a tongue in cheek remark to the people who consider Thai people as abnormal.

:-"

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 11, 2017, 4:01 pm

I've never had the fortune of having a good idea turn into gold, even if someone else took my idea and turned it into gold themselves.
But, today, as I was perusing the sports page while waiting for my order of ginger chicken, I came upon this article.....and couldn't help but think that Karl Lagerfeld might have discovered the next Easter bonnet.
Happy Easter
Attachments
20170411_142214.jpg

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”