Woman Electrocuted in Foam Party Tub in Ban Dung

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Woman Electrocuted in Foam Party Tub in Ban Dung

Post by parrot » April 16, 2017, 2:14 pm

A 25 year old Thai woman was electrocuted after contacting an electrical wire while playing in a tub filled with foam during a Songkran party in the city park in Ban Dung. Her British husband was notified and flying to Thailand to attend funeral services.

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/914560

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: Woman Electrocuted in Foam Party Tub in Ban Dung

Post by AussieBoy » April 16, 2017, 4:51 pm

Same every where electrical safety is slack, stay away from the big band set up near McDonalds, lots power cords on the ground water everywhere
Master Builder

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 16, 2017, 4:53 pm

A tragic incident. We really didn't know the young lady but she was my wife's grandniece. The girl's grandmother and my wife's mother were sisters. A very sad day for the family.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 16, 2017, 7:11 pm

I've often wondered how many people in this country are killed daily due to the total disregard for safety when it comes to all things electrical. Walk through any street market and the walkways are lined with extension cords laying in puddles of water, and the average Thai has no clue of the danger that poses. I recently made my first trip to Pattaya with my wife, and all my friends said I had to experience a tour of Walking Street. The first thing I noticed immediately were all the electric lines hanging down at street level off the main poles and strung into the various shops along the Street. In many cases they were completely submerged in pools of water, and most of them were directly in the pathway of pedestrian traffic. I can only imagine the imminent danger when all the drunkpats are staggering down that Street at nights. I was not only horrified but sadly disappointed that with all the money that area brings to the economy of Pattaya, the city fathers don't do more to make it safe for tourists. That place was a bonefide sh**hole, and I wish now that I hadn't included that portion of Pattaya in my tour.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 16, 2017, 8:57 pm

semperfiguy wrote:I've often wondered how many people in this country are killed daily due to the total disregard for safety when it comes to all things electrical. Walk through any street market and the walkways are lined with extension cords laying in puddles of water, and the average Thai has no clue of the danger that poses. I recently made my first trip to Pattaya with my wife, and all my friends said I had to experience a tour of Walking Street. The first thing I noticed immediately were all the electric lines hanging down at street level off the main poles and strung into the various shops along the Street. In many cases they were completely submerged in pools of water, and most of them were directly in the pathway of pedestrian traffic. I can only imagine the imminent danger when all the drunkpats are staggering down that Street at nights. I was not only horrified but sadly disappointed that with all the money that area brings to the economy of Pattaya, the city fathers don't do more to make it safe for tourists. That place was a bonefide sh**hole, and I wish now that I hadn't included that portion of Pattaya in my tour.
There must be many drunk Thais and tourists staggering around too.

Like you I went to Pattaya once (1978) and have not returned.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Udon Thani News”