Second Ring Road Plans

Udon Thani news, views and comments
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Second Ring Road Plans

Post by vincemunday » April 14, 2017, 8:44 am

If people are so unhappy with the infrastructure, the Tessabahn, the Police, the shopping malls, the entertainment centres, people employed to control the traffic (going to run them down no less!) and it would seem just about everything else, why do they stay here?
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 14, 2017, 10:17 am

vincemunday wrote:If people are so unhappy with the infrastructure, the Tessabahn, the Police, the shopping malls, the entertainment centres, people employed to control the traffic (going to run them down no less!) and it would seem just about everything else, why do they stay here?
I would guess for the same reason people still support West Ham and even Arsenal for many years despite knowing they are currently rubbish hoping they will improve some time in the future, it's called optimism. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 16, 2017, 7:45 pm

Not quite the same Trubrit, but I sort of get your sentiment, sort of. West Ham have always struggled after Christmas, too much figgy pudding I guess but us East Enders live in hope that one day...just maybe... In reality there's a whole world of difference, in the same way you can support a different team you can choose your country of residence. If you're truly unhappy with EVERYTHING as some people seem to be then why don't they try somewhere else or even perhaps go back home? We come here as guests and it's up to us to embrace the Thai culture and accept the foibles that come with living in Thailand, I accept things aren't perfect here but that's the point, I accept it.
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 23, 2017, 8:48 am

rick wrote:I haven't seen the gap in the bollards at UDtown open in months - I think now closed. Would agree traffic on the eastern ring road is getting to be ridiculous - today we actually cut through town from global house via Nong Sim to get to Ban huai market - it was far quicker! (my wife said use ringroad because town was full, wrong again). Usually a 500 metre permanent queue on ring road going North and East at every junction.
The gap in the poles to allow cross-flow access UD Town is opened at the discretion of the twerp with the whistle manning the UD Town parking lot entrance. Thankfully on (most) weekends, the gap is coned off but it doesn't stop twerps on motorbikes trying to cut across.

The 'Nong Sim' cut has been my favored access to downtown for a while now but it is progressively getting busier. All the left and right turn lanes at all the east ring road traffic lights need extending from the current ~150 m to at least 300 m. Also, the cops seriously need to hammer the twerps that use the left-turn lanes to go straight ahead though.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 23, 2017, 9:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:...
The infrastructure in town has taken ZERO account of the upsurge in traffic due to the enlarged Centara and UD Town, they are suffering from the ostrich syndrome both the Town Officials and the Police , hoping it will sort itself out.
The whole country is getting bogged down with all the extra vehicles on the road and little evidence of that being addressed ahead of bullet trains and other fanciful schemes.

Return to “Udon Thani News”