A Con Builders

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
vincemunday
udonmap.com

A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2017, 12:06 pm

A Con builders are able to meet all of your construction needs, they are able to undertake new builds, home improvements and remedial work. All work is undertaken using a staged payment system ensuring your finances are safe and all work is guaranteed.

Please visit www.aconudon.com for more information and contact details, alternative you can PM a reply to this ad via Udon Map.

Telephone 0910575550

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: A Con Builders

Post by Brian Davis » May 4, 2017, 5:50 pm

I see you've used them and were satisfied and that English is spoken - that well? Still think in establishing a company, I would have chosen a different name. :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2017, 6:14 pm

Yes I see your point lol but it's not my company, it belongs to Kang and he doesn't speak very good English at all so he wouldn't know what "a con" means, I think he just thought it was a catchy name. Yes I've used him and because he did such a good job for me I'm trying to help him find work, I'm sure you appreciate the building game is slowing down a bit here too, the pound weakening hasn't helped anyone.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2017, 6:15 pm

Sorry and yes, my wife helps him and her English is very, very good.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » May 4, 2017, 9:16 pm

We have used him recently to build a flood wall. It started off bad as the people that were to do the job did not show. When we got hold of Khun Kang after a few days, he was not aware of this but thought everything had started as agreed! So, after another couple of days, he had found another group and the work began.
Mr. Kang showed up every couple of days to check on progress, which was good.
We had agreed on a price for the work per m2 beforehand. We bought the material. After everything was finished and paid, Mr. Kang came and wanted us to measure the area again because he said we had not paid enough and we owed him another 14.000B. He had himself before measured tha area two times!
So we measured again together. And he was wrong, Instead we had paid him 500B too much! We do not plan to use him again.
He does not do any work himself but has groups of people to work. In our opinion the name of the company fits well.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2017, 9:40 pm

It surprises me to hear this, I've used Kang a few times without incident, yes he uses sub contractors, that's common practice in England and my guess elsewhere too. What about the flood wall, was it up to scratch? Kang is back here tomorrow to do some more work for me and I will ask him about the 14,000 baht and I'll get back to you on that. Whatever has happened on this job I'm 110% confident he never tried to cheat you, he just isn't like that and once I have the answer I'll post it on here.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » May 5, 2017, 12:23 am

I found using these middle men is nothing but giving money to a gang master.sacked one on e the first day.do yourself a favour and let him find his own work.youll not gain out of it by recommending Thai builders as they are mostly unreliable or freeloaders or chancers.i don't pay for men to stand around with their hands in their pockets playing pocket billiards or sitting eating som tum all day.if I was you I wouldn't say sweet fa and let it be mate.remember he will lose face you pulling him up....a wise man once said......nothing..I've got a cracking Gang of Four and pay them well but wouldn't recommend them to anyone.with a name like A con builders I doubt if he's going to get much work from farang or he wouldn't from me.maybe tell him to change his name to B.good or C straight or Dee Dee builders.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 5, 2017, 8:48 am

If he uses sub contractors and not directly employed workers then he is a total waste of time!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 9:12 am

And why's that? That's bit of a sweeping comment without qualification, I've never known a builder yet that doesn't use subs, I wait in anticipation for your reply Bob, I've always found your input amusing.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 9:37 am

Hi, Marco, I missed your post, apologies. Kang is a good builder, I've used him 5 times or so now, actually he's doing some work for me today. The name is unfortunate, but it happens, if I wasn't 100% sure he's a worthwhile consideration I wouldn't be helping him but he's a great builder, he's reliable and I have no issues recommending him. Insofar as JR's problem with the 14,000 I will get to the bottom of it and I will put the answer on here, I owe nobody anything and I'll be as frank as I can, I'm not doubting JR but there's always two sides to a story.
Last edited by vincemunday on May 5, 2017, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 5, 2017, 10:19 am

Marcosteffano wrote:I found using these middle men is nothing but giving money to a gang master.sacked one on e the first day.do yourself a favour and let him find his own work.youll not gain out of it by recommending Thai builders as they are mostly unreliable or freeloaders or chancers.i don't pay for men to stand around with their hands in their pockets playing pocket billiards or sitting eating som tum all day.if I was you I wouldn't say sweet fa and let it be mate.remember he will lose face you pulling him up....a wise man once said......nothing..I've got a cracking Gang of Four and pay them well but wouldn't recommend them to anyone.with a name like A con builders I doubt if he's going to get much work from farang or he wouldn't from me.maybe tell him to change his name to B.good or C straight or Dee Dee builders.
Your correct Mark!! When I got this house built 20 years ago, thinking I was doing the correct thing I went to a builder in Udon who was to get the contract. Little did I know he was going to hire local farmers for his labour force. One day they were farmers next day welders next day brickie’s then electricians. Last year I got a farang friend to re-wire my house and in the loft, he found 7 plastic boxes with wire twisted together. We just got them in time as they were burnt and about to go on fire. The safety-cut in one of my outside rooms did trip as the wires were not heavy enough and the melted. I was never in the building trade but over the past 20 years I have picked a lot up and the most important thing I learnt was never trust a worker and never take your eyes off them. If they get pissed and don’t turn up for work I tell their mates to tell him not to come back.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 10:47 am

Of course it all boils down to the quality of the people the builder uses, that's the same the whole world over and I know what you mean regarding the wiring, I've seen some shocking work done in my mother in laws house. However, times change, the wiring these days tends to be a bit better, separate earths are used and modern fuse boxes too, I'm pretty sure that 20 years ago these things never existed let alone get used. 20 years is a long time and the wiring would ordinarily be on the verge of needing to be replaced anyway, in the U.K. where standards are much higher it's recommended that you rewire every 25 years. Not all builders are the same, IMO and by experience i have no qualms recommending Kang.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 5, 2017, 11:27 am

vincemunday wrote:And why's that? That's bit of a sweeping comment without qualification, I've never known a builder yet that doesn't use subs, I wait in anticipation for your reply Bob, I've always found your input amusing.
That is based on 40 + years in construction, 18 years in Thailand building luxury villas, you loose all control with subs and only coming to site every two days is a recipe for disaster.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 12:01 pm

Absolute nonsense Bob, as I said I always find your input amusing. A year ago he was in Chiang Mai building a factory that was mainly of metal and he mainly used gangs of steel workers, six months ago he built a house and then some apartments and used all the different trades, electricians, brickies, concrete and steel workers, tilers, roofers and plumbers etc, last month he was building walls, are you honestly saying you think he should keep all these people on his books? Of course he shouldn't, no more than we would in the west, you employ people as you need them, you just make sure the people you employ do the job properly. So much experience and you come out with a statement like that......

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 5, 2017, 12:04 pm

fatbob wrote:
That is based on 40 + years in construction, 18 years in Thailand building luxury villas, you loose all control with subs and only coming to site every two days is a recipe for disaster.
That was no luxury villa you help build down south west Thailand FB, it was a mansion fit for Royalty. And if I remember correctly, a Royal Princess did visit the joint.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 12:45 pm

JR, it would seem things aren't quite as straight forward as you make them sound, I'll be coming along with Kang to assess the situation and resolve any issues.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » May 5, 2017, 1:16 pm

Looks like you're getting a visit JR.

Sounds like your involvement with this outfit is a bit more than just a friendly recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 5, 2017, 1:27 pm

What are your construction qualifications Vince? Hope your coming with your work permit???

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 5, 2017, 1:30 pm

Vince why do this.

The last thing I would want is a falang sticking his nose into a place that is not requested.
JR to my thoughts has resolved the issue and A Con will not be coming back.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 2:12 pm

The only reason I'm going to pop along is because Kang's English isn't so great and my missus will help interpret what's going on and as I recommended him I want to make sure JR's wall is finished (I'm not sure it is) and he's happy. I have no further interest in A Con than that and if it turns out Kang was at fault here I wouldn't recommend him any more, end of.

Return to “House & Land”