Microchips for Dogs - Udon / Thailand

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
wazza
udonmap.com

Microchips for Dogs - Udon / Thailand

Post by wazza » May 8, 2017, 10:23 am

I have searched on here, thinking we had a thread , but no avail

Before I ask my vet next time, is anyone aware of a clinic that does microchiping for a pup

old story , even if you have a chip, does anyone have the reader / scanner to grab the info ...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Microchips for Dogs - Udon / Thailand

Post by vincemunday » May 8, 2017, 11:10 am

My dog is microchipped, she had it fitted by the breeder. When we were coming here I upgraded the registration to a world wide one, it was pretty much a waste of time as no one seems to have the readers in Udon and even if they did I'm not sure the locals would take her there to get it read.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 8, 2017, 12:08 pm

Vince and Wazza,

I looked before but not intensively and you may be out of luck. I reckon the odds on your "mans best friend" getting to a scanner are remote.

But

I did look at a product called Pawscout. There was a web site and they had a product that you could tag your dog and GPS track it. I assume on a phone app.
Might be a different method worth looking at.
The better Pet shop suppliers might know?

Let us know how you solve the issue.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Mine is micro-chipped. It was a requirement to import the dog from the USA. I always wondered why it is a requirement with no available readers. TIT, I guess

Return to “Pet Services”