Grass roots Footie 2016/17 season

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Grass roots Footie 2016/17 season

Post by BobHelm » May 7, 2017, 7:06 am

score.png
table.png
Hartlepool win, but so do Newport. Hartlepool & Leyton Orient leave the football league.
At the top...
Portsmouth are champions, by goal difference, as they trounce Cheltenham Town, while Plymouth Argyle can only draw & have to settle for second place. The loss away at Hartlepool by Doncaster Rovers stops them being the top dogs as they roll up in the last automatic spot.
Luton Town & Exeter City were already assured of a play off spot & they will be joined by Carlisle United & Blackpool who both kept their places with a win..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 7, 2017, 7:12 am

Vanarama National League

Tranmere Rovers 2-2 Aldershot Town
Tranmere did all the hard work in the away leg & so go through to the final by 5 to 2..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2017, 6:52 pm

TO ALL LOVERS OF THE GAME IN ITS PURIST FORM .... SET YER ALARM CLOCKS OR HAVE A LATE NEET ...

SCUNNY V MILLWALL L1 playoff kicks off at 6-30pm uk time in sun bathed North Lincolnshire ... i dont normally stay up n watch as it usually jinxes the team and they loose ...

Dont forget a special promo is on at The Tap if Scuuny get promoted ,, FREE yes A FREE beer event .. so lets all be claret n blue just for tonight !!

UP THE IRON ...

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » May 8, 2017, 1:54 am

Well one all for the Mighty Whites which is a bit of a disappointment. I was going to go to Pizza Hut for a commiseration pizza but judging by another thread that would be another disappointment & I can't handle 2 in one day :-"
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 8, 2017, 7:08 am

score.png
table.png
So that is it for the Championship as well..
Newcastle win their last game while Brighton draw, so they are champions & Brighton take the other automatic spot.
Nothing too exciting in the play off places as Leeds had left far too much to do & so couldn't.
Forest did just enough at the bottom (they needed a better result than Blackburn Rovers) to stave off the drop

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 8, 2017, 7:15 am

score.png
score.png (15.67 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
Bradford City had done enough in the first leg to win the tie after a second leg of very few chances.
The Iron miss out to Millwall after going infront & then conceding 3 quick goals either side of half time.
For once the play off games don't throw up any surprises & so it will be Forest Green Rovers against Tranmere Rovers for the promotion place. Tranmere had the edge as the season came to an end & must start favourites..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 13, 2017, 7:35 am

Saturday 13th May 2017
Sky Bet Championship
Fulham V Reading 17:30

Sunday 14th May 2017
Sky Bet Championship
Huddersfield Town V Sheffield Wednesday 12:00

Sky Bet League Two
Blackpool V Luton Town 18:30
Carlisle United V Exeter City 18:30

Vanarama National League
Tranmere Rovers V Forest Green Rovers 15:00

Tuesday 16th May 2017
Sky Bet Championship
Reading V Fulham 19:45

Wednesday 17th May 2017
Sky Bet Championship
Sheffield Wednesday V Huddersfield Town 19:45

Thursday 18th May 2017
Sky Bet League Two
Exeter City V Carlisle United 19:45
Luton Town V Blackpool 19:45

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 15, 2017, 7:04 am

score.png
score.png (21.33 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
All pretty tight after the play off first legs, with only Blackpool going into the second leg with a lead..

Congratulations to Forest Green Rovers on their first promotion to the League.
All the goals came in a frantic first half that saw Rovers score 2 in the last 3 minutes to put themselves firmly in charge.

Unlike many of the smaller clubs Rovers have an owner with money & ambition and should do well in the league. That is not to say that owner Dale Vince isn't rather full of personal quirks but his heart does seem to be with Rovers specifically rather than any club that happened to be available.. :D

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 15, 2017, 8:03 am

Just as well you don't report for a living Bob both teams were "Rovers" We "Old Birkonians" are used to it!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 15, 2017, 10:39 am

Yes,congratulations to Forest Green Rovers ! A bit of a surprise that but apparently the better side on the day won it.
Conference fans from the north of England wont be too sad as Tranmere staying in the league means two big home gates home and away.
Sooo Bob.....when Cheltenham play Forest Green in League 2 next season,who will you be cheering on ?? :D

Oh,and well done Everton Ladies on their 3-0 win.......were Lukaku and Barkley playing ? :badteeth:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 17, 2017, 8:22 am

Premiership Play Off,second leg. Reading 1 Fulham 0 (aggregate 2-1)

A Yann Kermorgant penalty was enough for Reading to edge out Fulham and reach the Championship play-off final.
The French forward fired the Royals into the Wembley final on Monday, 29 May for a shot at promotion to the Premier League just after half-time.
The only goal of the second leg came after Fulham centre-back Tomas Kalas was penalised for handball.
Fulham were denied a leveller by a string of excellent saves from Ali Al Habsi in the Reading goal.
The Royals, who finished third in manager Jaap Stam's first season in charge, will play either Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday in the final.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 18, 2017, 8:09 am

Sky Bet Championship

Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Huddersfield Town
(agg 1-1)

Huddersfield Town win 4-3 on penalties
Town will now face Reading at Wembley for a place in the Premier League.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 18, 2017, 8:32 am

Congratulations to Huddersfield and commiserations to Wednesday who missed out in the play offs for the 2nd successive season.
Lets hope that The Terriers can make it all the way to the Premiership for the first time......not that I've got anything against Reading but I'm a northerner !
But who will the Leeds fans on the forum be rooting for in the Final ? Huddersfield.....or is it taboo to cheer on another Yorkshire team ??

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » May 18, 2017, 11:50 am

Zidane wrote:Congratulations to Huddersfield and commiserations to Wednesday who missed out in the play offs for the 2nd successive season.
Lets hope that The Terriers can make it all the way to the Premiership for the first time......not that I've got anything against Reading but I'm a northerner !
But who will the Leeds fans on the forum be rooting for in the Final ? Huddersfield.....or is it taboo to cheer on another Yorkshire team ??
Being the biggest and best club in Yorkshire (and arguably, the world), Leeds fans tend to look down in a protective sort of way to our smaller brethren so, of course we will be cheering Huddersfield on.

Apart from that, I have a particular dislike for Reading as, they epitomise, all that is wrong with modern football. A happy, clappy club in a plastic ground with fickle support. I remember a few years back when I last visited that modern carbuncle of a stadium of theirs they played music after they scored a goal - horrible!!

Come on you Terriers!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 19, 2017, 8:24 am

Blackpool reached the League Two play-off final as an injury-time own goal ended Luton's promotion hopes at the end of a remarkable, see-sawing tie.
The Hatters, trailing 3-2 from the first leg, fell further behind when Nathan Delfouneso opened the scoring.
Kelvin Mellor's own goal, Scott Cuthbert's header and Danny Hylton's penalty then hauled Luton in front.
But Armand Gnanduillet made it 5-5 on aggregate, before Stuart Moore's own goal sent the visitors to Wembley.
Goalkeeper Moore's misfortunate capped an incredible night of League Two play-off action, as Exeter City beat Carlisle United in the other semi-final - also 6-5 on aggregate and also courtesy of a 95th-minute winner.
The Grecians had looked to be coasting towards the final on Sunday, 28 May before Carlisle scored two late goals to level the tie.
But Jack Stacey's spectacular long-range strike in stoppage time means Blackpool will face Exeter in the Wembley showpiece.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 20, 2017, 8:19 am

Two matches today that may be of interest.....
League 1 play off final at Wembley........Bradford City v Millwall.
Womens Super League 2......London Bees v Everton Ladies.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 20, 2017, 10:50 am

Zidane wrote:Two matches today that may be of interest.....
League 1 play off final at Wembley........Bradford City v Millwall.
Womens Super League 2......London Bees v Everton Ladies.
Now there's an oxymoron if ever i've seen one :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2017, 12:42 pm

What time is the Bradford v Millwall KO please ? ...

DM hopng for a Millwall win ,,they deserve it and Bradford is a good local derby game for next season .. i like how Millwall are playing at the moment and their victory over Scunny was a cracking game with both sides going for it ..how the game should be played ,,where as Bradford are ... lets say ...id rather watch a Thai soap ...YES THAT BAD !!

Camorn the Lions ..

Regarding the championship playoff final .. a big suprise with Hudders n Reading getting thru , i would have bet my left testicle on Fulhanm v Sheff Wed final .. shame .. as both Hudders n Reading are not worthy and niether will not surivie in the EOL as they play such defensive negative football ...take a look at the Terriers end ov season goal difference total ..who ever wins out in footballs richest game neither will light up the EPL ... IMO.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 20, 2017, 12:55 pm

Sky Bet League One

Bradford City V Millwall 15:00
So 9pm Thai time Jon...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2017, 1:29 pm

Thanks Bob..

Return to “World Sports”