2 Locals killed in RTA involving foreigner

Udon Thani news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2017, 11:56 am

Further to my last message I have just received this update from my friend ....

"Wacharapon Naononthjong - photo attached (taken 10 mins ago). He is in ICU-OP.

The shout out is for A POSITIVE - Neg is incompatible. Blood donor centre.

I shall open a "go fund" page later today..

Although critical, the boy was sleeping.. readings were sound and stable. I believe he will pull through. His family wasnt there. THAT is a good sign, ironically."

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 23, 2017, 3:30 pm

Hope this assists those UM members who would like to be considered

Dont forget , even if you arent compatible , 100s of others can still benefit from your donation
Attachments
Bloods.jpg
Blood Groups
Bloods.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 23, 2017, 5:17 pm

Blood alcohol level as reported in Thai news:

เจ้าหน้าที่เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจ สภ.เมืองอุดรธานี ได้แจ้งข้อหา ขับขี่รถโดยประมาท เป็นเหตุให้ผู้อื่นถึงแก่ความตาย โดยไม่อนุญาตให้ประกันตัว แต่ยังไม่แจ้งข้อหา “เมาแล้วขับ” แม้จะตรวจหาแอลกอฮอลล์เบื้องต้นได้ 102 มิลลิกรัมเปอร์เซ็นต์ ไม่ใช่เพียงนายแมคเกรรี่ โจเอล ไนเว่น อ้างว่าตัวเองมีอาการทางประสาท ต้องเข้ารับการรักษาจากแพทย์ ก่อนเกิดเหตุก็กลับจากการมาพบแพทย์

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 23, 2017, 5:28 pm

parrot wrote:
June 23, 2017, 5:17 pm
Blood alcohol level as reported in Thai news:

เจ้าหน้าที่เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจ สภ.เมืองอุดรธานี ได้แจ้งข้อหา ขับขี่รถโดยประมาท เป็นเหตุให้ผู้อื่นถึงแก่ความตาย โดยไม่อนุญาตให้ประกันตัว แต่ยังไม่แจ้งข้อหา “เมาแล้วขับ” แม้จะตรวจหาแอลกอฮอลล์เบื้องต้นได้ 102 มิลลิกรัมเปอร์เซ็นต์ ไม่ใช่เพียงนายแมคเกรรี่ โจเอล ไนเว่น อ้างว่าตัวเองมีอาการทางประสาท ต้องเข้ารับการรักษาจากแพทย์ ก่อนเกิดเหตุก็กลับจากการมาพบแพทย์

In Thailand, the standard Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limit is set at 0.05 per cent, which means you are legal if there is no more than 50 mg/dl of blood, which can be tested through both blood or breathalyzer test. In normal circumstances, 50 mg/dl means about two glasses of beer. So if Google Translate is correct on the above, that means the Aussie's BAC was 102 which means he was well over the legal limit.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2017, 7:02 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 23, 2017, 5:28 pm

In Thailand, the standard Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limit is set at 0.05 per cent, which means you are legal if there is no more than 50 mg/dl of blood, which can be tested through both blood or breathalyzer test. In normal circumstances, 50 mg/dl means about two glasses of beer. So if Google Translate is correct on the above, that means the Aussie's BAC was 102 which means he was well over the legal limit.
Good information there.

The last time I was caught at a traffic check, they generously upped the criteria to 60mg/dl. It was near 8 PM when they pack up and I guess they'd caught enough earlier. Anyway, I came out at 53 mg/dl which would have seen me busted if I had rolled up any earlier. I was still admonished by a very polite senior officer.

I had drunk 5 small bottles of beer between 4 PM and 7 PM and admit to feeling a little buzzed so that gave me some sort of benchmark of how much beer constitutes being over the legal limit here.

If this guy was logged with 102, he was hammered and claiming the medications is probably a ruse; unlike Tiger Woods, he was just another drunk driver.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 23, 2017, 7:13 pm

Shame Shame Shame Rule should be ZERO, 0, Nada, Nothing, the older one gets the smarter he/she thinks they are, I don't think so

So, if you have One beer , one drink DONT DRIVE
If you need to do get a Tuk Tuk home 150 to 200 baht and return the next day BIG DEAL

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Post by d p meijer » June 23, 2017, 8:39 pm

i have blood o rhesus d negative .
only
this is compatible to all other blood types and makes you the ideal / easy donor .

sad i am 74 , too old

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 23, 2017, 9:35 pm

A rhesus negative ......

I'm on a hot line for donation and listed at many hospitals here as a donor for many years. No phone calls yet so that'll be good news!
Bring back Saint

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 24, 2017, 6:59 am

Agree 110 % with you DD...And to tamada..drinking and driving... [-X [-X [-X [-X But i have my flaws too so...but never would i even think of driving back home after some beers.

Be blesed and safe...//DD :D

dingdong wrote:
June 23, 2017, 7:13 pm
Shame Shame Shame Rule should be ZERO, 0, Nada, Nothing, the older one gets the smarter he/she thinks they are, I don't think so

So, if you have One beer , one drink DONT DRIVE
If you need to do get a Tuk Tuk home 150 to 200 baht and return the next day BIG DEAL

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 24, 2017, 9:49 am

It's an easy decision for me.

If I drink in town, I spend the night in town. Easy. Safe. Inexpensive. Home for breakfast. :D
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 24, 2017, 10:13 am

Alcohol intake and readings can also be a little cloudy

eg

Beers,( say 4.5 / 5 % ) and Belgium at 8%

Wines - 12%

Spirits - 40%

Sparkling wines / champagnes - more rapid absorption as the alcohol is broken down faster in the liver ( its why women at xmas time get caught blowing over the limit , with only 2 glasses etc )

The blood alcohol reading also drops by approx 0.01 per hour, with normal metabolism . I wouldnt gamble on that to get you over the line if your tested.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 24, 2017, 6:06 pm

Nothing CLOUDY about it You drink dont DRIVE
Call someone, take a tuktuk, walk
For me back home would be a minimum 1750 baht round trip Here 300 baht for a ride home and back to get vehicle

Plus what we have seen 2 people lives taken

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 24, 2017, 6:30 pm

Drink in moderation and stay under 0.05.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 24, 2017, 7:49 pm

What is MODERATION?
One two three Once again you have one drink , beer small or large, one alcoholic drink, one mixed drink, one glass of wine______________________ DONT DRIVE!!!!!!!
Then you dont have to worry about 0.05 and be on Udonmap or any other media outlet in Thailand

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 24, 2017, 8:37 pm

The law is to have a blood alcohol reading under 0.05. I will follow the law thank you very much.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 24, 2017, 9:15 pm

fatbob wrote:
June 24, 2017, 8:37 pm
The law is to have a blood alcohol reading under 0.05. I will follow the law thank you very much.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 24, 2017, 9:27 pm

Take your chances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 24, 2017, 10:09 pm

The video of the incident gives us additional information. He started to drive away after the initial collision and when the motorbike (and possibly a victim) was still wedged under the front of the truck. There's no way that he didn't know that the bike was there, -- he would have heard the metal of the bike grinding against the street and possibly the underside of the truck, not to mention that it would have been much harder for the truck to move. Interesting that the police shot the left front(?) tire out only after the truck had already crashed into the pole.

Even given that the motorbike was driving on the wrong side of the road, entered the roadway without looking, driver/passengers weren't wearing helmets, etc., IMO the truck driver was completely at fault.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 25, 2017, 6:39 am

Yep, just about concur with everything you say, you can see him revving the car in an attempt to roll over whatever it was under his car, the man is a savage and deserves the fullest extent of the law and if that's death I think it's justified, he showed no regard for the lives of those poor people. Drinking alcohol and driving shouldn't happen, the tuck tuks and taxis here are cheap enough and those people who think it's fine to share the whereabouts of the evening police checks should think about the possible consequences of doing so, getting drunk drivers off the road is right and proper no matter what nationality they are.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 25, 2017, 1:51 pm

Yes.Get the drunk and drug drivers off the road.Starting with Truck Taxi,Tuk Tuk and bus drivers.Not just the "savage" Australians!
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “Udon Thani News”