Nong Prajak road races 16th July

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Zidane
udonmap.com

Nong Prajak road races 16th July

Post by Zidane » July 6, 2017, 12:57 pm

3 laps = 9.6km
1 lap fun run = 3.2km

The advert made me chuckle.......fancy calling the runners "retards" :( :D
Nong Prajak race for retards.jpg

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Nong Prajak road races 16th July

Post by parrot » July 6, 2017, 2:03 pm

Ah, the difficulties of using a second language. Back not that long ago, ******, retarded, even moron, idiot (longer ago) were commonly used as were the N word. But you likely wouldn't use them today, at least in the US.
ปัญญา= intelligence, wisdom, wit
อ่อน = weak, faint
The Thai word seems such a polite way to refer to such handicapped people. Time for a dictionary update, me thinks.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 6, 2017, 2:57 pm

parrot wrote:moron, idiot
These still commonly used in Australia.
parrot wrote:Time for a dictionary update, me thinks.
Disagree, one thing I love about Thailand is the lack of Political Correctness.
Don't force these people down that road, Please :?
Mick

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 6, 2017, 5:15 pm

parrot wrote:
July 6, 2017, 2:03 pm
The Thai word seems such a polite way to refer to such handicapped people. Time for a dictionary update, me thinks.
Indeed. The now-PC way to refer to people who were formerly dubbed "handicapped" is "disabled" or, even more PC, "differently-abled," at least in the U.S.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 9, 2017, 8:06 am

You can enter for the races at Nong Prajak in the evening and,I believe,at Central Plaza near Tops in the daytime. :-k (not 100% sure on that one though).
Register and get yourself this running shirt for a good cause.Good for impressing the girls in Udon Day & Night and Nutty Park ! \:D/
I think the shirt on the left is designed for guys over 120 kilos !! :D
Udon race shirt.jpg

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 15, 2017, 3:32 pm

And it starts at 06:00hours, Zid? Make sure you dodge the Nannas walking their shih tzus on the route. :D

What is it with Udon metropolis and all these races being organised? It sounds like a proper hoot.

I've not raced since last January but my injury has mended well and I'm over the six mile point in my running recovery distances. Just need to work on speed (as usual, Zid).
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 16, 2017, 9:41 am

I ended up not doing the race,Earnest ! :-s
I went to Nong Prajak twice in the evening last week to register but there was no sign of the registration desk.
I found out later they had reached their limit of 600 for the 9.6km run and 600 for the 3.2km run. :badteeth:
Sounds awfully congested for running around Nong Prajak ? Oh,well.....mai pen rai. ;)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 16, 2017, 3:47 pm

Blimey, it sounds like running has become somewhat popular in the Jangwat.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2017, 8:29 am

Sounds more like we are in serious need of a few psychiatrists in Udon if there are now over 1200 people who want to get up in the middle of the night to run round Nong Prajak :shock:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Thailand is experiencing a road running boom similar to what the UK and America had in the early 80,s. In January races in Khon Kaen attracted over 11,000 runners including over 5,000 in the 11.5km mini marathon. The biggest races in the region are in Buriram in February.Races in Bangkok,Chiang Mai,Khorat and Hat Yai can regularly attract between 5,000 to 15,000 runners.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2017, 3:17 pm

Zidane wrote:
July 17, 2017, 11:16 am
Thailand is experiencing a road running boom similar to what the UK and America had in the early 80,s. In January races in Khon Kaen attracted over 11,000 runners including over 5,000 in the 11.5km mini marathon. The biggest races in the region are in Buriram in February.Races in Bangkok,Chiang Mai,Khorat and Hat Yai can regularly attract between 5,000 to 15,000 runners.
OR ..... Thailand is now experiencing the downside of Western eating habits......... Having to excercise just to stop becoming obese =;

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 18, 2017, 1:06 am

stattointhailand wrote:
July 17, 2017, 8:29 am
Sounds more like we are in serious need of a few psychiatrists in Udon if there are now over 1200 people who want to get up in the middle of the night to run round Nong Prajak :shock:

Yes, especially if you're a wheezy boy with a note from matron like me. Always huffing and puffing at the back of the field.

The trick cyclist said he'd sign me off by Christmas, khrap.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”