Coins on track...What a pack of lies......

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Coins on track...What a pack of lies......

Post by Mudguard » July 17, 2017, 1:10 pm

Sanook quoted an expert from a Lat Krabang engineering institute - Mongkhol Mongkholwongjot - as saying that while coins on the tracks could not derail a train, over time they could cause damage to the wheels and tracks limiting their lifespan.

Oh! My Jesus Christ.....What an absolutely pack of lies.....This so-called expert did he really get an engineering degree?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Coins on track...What a pack of lies......

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2017, 2:52 pm

Mudguard wrote:
July 17, 2017, 1:10 pm
Sanook quoted an expert from a Lat Krabang engineering institute - Mongkhol Mongkholwongjot - as saying that while coins on the tracks could not derail a train, over time they could cause damage to the wheels and tracks limiting their lifespan.

Oh! My Jesus Christ.....What an absolutely pack of lies.....This so-called expert did he really get an engineering degree?
Yep 1st class (with honours) in Engineering the truth :-$

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » July 17, 2017, 5:09 pm

As a kid living in Melbourne and not far from a railway line it was a favorite past time to put pennies on the railway line to see how much they could be flattened they were worth nothing before you started and less after.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » July 18, 2017, 10:25 am

https://board.postjung.com/1035764.html

One of the many photos of "undamaged" track. Similar could be seen on train wheels. This track had to be replaced. Maybe would have been good for 5 years or 50 years or have problems after 4 years -who knows. Anyway train weight and wheel have pressed clearly visible marks to tracks and no one can say that those tracks last as good as before.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 18, 2017, 1:20 pm

Most coins used to be made of copper or copper alloy, these could probably be flattened without damage to the rails. These days some low denomination coins are made of plated steel, so are much harder. These steel coins could conceivably cause slight damage to wheels and rails.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » July 18, 2017, 2:47 pm

macca46 wrote:
July 17, 2017, 5:09 pm
As a kid living in Melbourne and not far from a railway line it was a favorite past time to put pennies on the railway line to see how much they could be flattened they were worth nothing before you started and less after.
Me too, I lived right on the train line and always used to do it. maybe today's coins are high tensile steel so they don't wear out ;)

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » July 18, 2017, 3:56 pm

kakariki wrote:
July 18, 2017, 2:47 pm
macca46 wrote:
July 17, 2017, 5:09 pm
Me too, I lived right on the train line and always used to do it. maybe today's coins are high tensile steel so they don't wear out ;)
I have seen European 20 cent coin after train has gone over and text was still visible. Same as police picked nearby tracks.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 23, 2017, 1:12 pm

ok the rest of the story with this is interesting

The guy who does it, films it and uploads to You Tube, where he gets paid per hit for it.

He has done a few other controversial clips also and the Thai Authorities have nabbed him for working without a permit etc as he received income.

It seems he is using an amnesty period to avoid full on prosecution, but his days seem numbered.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”