บุญถาวร Boonthavorn

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: บุญถาวร Boonthavorn

Post by RLTrader » July 19, 2017, 6:12 pm

marcudon wrote:
July 19, 2017, 12:31 pm
Frienfly staff,helpfull and knowledgeable!!!...Only that. Are you part of boonthavorn bangkok managment? Funny to read that. I was back again yesterday with a friend of mine who is also building a house. We were only 2 customers watching the kitchens..Nobody came to us and as always they stayed sitting playing on facebook..I should have take some pictures and post it here..But anyway, I don't only go there to have a coffee at beyond, as many seem to do even if i enjoy the place. I just want to buy a kitchen ( priced around 500.000 THB non included kitchens appliances ) and 450 sqm tiles...for an amount around 1m THB ..I feel very sorry but, i went there may be 20 times and i have never found someone skilled and ,worse,motivated.They are hundreds doing nothing . But they will say hello to you every 10 meters with fake thai smile. Never ask for some informations about any product because they will only give you a catalogue to read by yourself.
This is not a matter of communication, because i can speak thai quite well.I sent two thai friends of mine at the kitchen department to have a look and they had the same feeling as i did..Unskilled,lazy,not motivated staff...What a shame for such a nice shop..They invested a lot of money on 20 Rais. Only kids 20 25 years old are working there,what can they know about kitchens and tiles?? And why don't they move their a.. for 1 m THB. In europe they will call you every 2 days or they would be fired!
I will try to have a look at khon kaen next week, or if someone know where to go to find a nice built in kitchen with a skilled staff even far from Udon i would appreciate!
With just a million burning a hole, just might want to check with "Do Home" or maybe "Global House" I'm sure if you inform them in your excellent thai, that you have a mill + to spend, they will go out of their way to set you up. Then again you could go back to the EU and spare as all your BS.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 19, 2017, 8:40 pm

No Marcudon Not a member of the management team, nor do I have a million burning a hole in my pocket, I wonder how the" kids" were supposed to know you had, were you flashing it around for all to see? After all experience has taught me good manners and a pleasant personality is often more impressive to strangers than any amount of money you may claim to have .As my mother use to say, "All mouth and no trousers " we seem to see a lot of around Udon . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 19, 2017, 8:59 pm

6 yrs ago when I was shopping for kitchens i wish this place had opened.

One of the pitfalls of buying a kitchen for me was trying to sort out apples and pears.

St Mall and Homepro both quoted kitchens with autocad drawings to scale and all the smart draws and hinges etc.

Quotes from.memory around 400K.

Seemed pretty good and about to sign up when I was asked what type of bench top. Thought i had sorted that.

Wrong. In those days . The tops for the kitchen frame are additional add ons due the price. I choose the Samsung white top.

With a breakfast bench and a u shaped kitchen. From memory it was another 200 K !!

Checked with other shortlisted supplier. They too dont quote for the tops in the original kitchen set up.

These figures exclude gas oven . Fridge hot water taps and sinks.

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 19, 2017, 9:14 pm

Thanks guys,
Most of your posts and private messages were very helpful, some were from 2 idiots...But that's life!
Fortunatly i know some good guys here.
Thank's again.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2017, 7:54 am

one important tip ...do not buy the granite kitchen top in the kitchen shops , they are double priced to the granite shops outside for exact same material, and the outside shops have skilled workers too to install them ... ;)

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 20, 2017, 9:56 am

I agree kopkei, but I only know one shop outside of udon on the way to nong khai. I bought a kitchen granite top there 5 years ago, looked nice when new, but after a while under my coffee expresso machine some black coffee penetrated inside the granite and I cannot remove it. But that was very cheap, around 3000 or 4000 one sqm. Bonthavorn top quartz 18000 and granite depending on the model around 9000. If you know a good shop I will go and have a look. Thank you very much!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

marcudon wrote:
July 20, 2017, 9:56 am
I agree kopkei, but I only know one shop outside of udon on the way to nong khai. I bought a kitchen granite top there 5 years ago, looked nice when new, but after a while under my coffee expresso machine some black coffee penetrated inside the granite and I cannot remove it. But that was very cheap, around 3000 or 4000 one sqm. Bonthavorn top quartz 18000 and granite depending on the model around 9000. If you know a good shop I will go and have a look. Thank you very much!
Oh so now Bonthavorn has quality,
Bonthavorn top quartz 18000 and granite
Will guess you saw the light! =D> just hate the natives. =D> :D

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2017, 4:56 pm

i was in boonthavorn today and from the first steps we have put inside the kitchen section someone all ready come ask to assist us, and i saw the regular faces (i know some one who works there) with whom we have ordered the kitchen ...
i did tell them about the bad service marcudon experienced and they seem to recall having a falang with his wife entering the shop and waving away the assistance offered , he wanted to look first himself , when they followed him he told them not to follow as it was disturbing ...so all personnel stopped bother assisting him , later on he did wanted info about a kitchen and asked the one responsible for the electric area in the back?...
of course if you chase of first all assistance and than you are angry you do not get assistance anymore ? ....
left the shop saying he had 2.000.000 baht burning his pocket to buy a kitchen and appliances ...his thai wife did not say anything all the road ...
so this is the explication of the one of the staff we know , if this is related here? , can not say ...
anyway our kitchen story ...
i went to look many shops before buying a kitchen ( we have time as we are building next to our present home, started in 2016)..to me easy , where not to go , global house , thaiwatsadu , dohome , homehub , all incompetent giving any estimate at all ...., remaining , decor choice very professional but too expensive for our budget , homepro , not bad quote (123.000 baht) (prices all without granite top) , so we went to index where we bought our kitchen of our present home and they made a price of 110.000 baht , last boonthavorn whom ended up with a price of around 89.000 baht - 20% discount ...making the price 75.000 baht and were the winners , as the estimate asked was in index and boonthavorn about a kitchen in MDF wood , and mdf is same mdf everywhere , i am passed pumping a lot of money in a home (after 3 home builds ),as we do not take anything when we die ....and if we are tired of the kitchen ? we will be able to replace and still will not have spend more than 500.000 baht ...
however the appliances we bought are expensive ,gas stove and oven (90cm, 5 burners ) 66.405 baht, and hood 19.990 as we like to cook , granite sink 15.400 baht , so the appliances are more expensive than our kitchen :lol: ..
good luck to all ;)

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » July 20, 2017, 6:51 pm

Not me Kopkei, I've always been to boonthavorn alone or with a friend of mine who was working about kitchens in europe..I've just showed to my gf a few months ago and only during 10 minutes ,because she works and doesn't have much time, a kitchen that i really like there, and never said to anyone how much i wanted to put in a kitchen, this is certainly not my style.And 2.000.000 THB...What a joke! I spent much more time watching the tiles and this is the place to buy very nice tiles. And some kitchens are very nice too and high quality. And if you know someone there Kopkei, i would appreciate if you could introduce me to a good kitchen designer, because so far i met nobody..But may be that i was there the wrong days...I guess that they have someone skilful to design kitchens priced at that level of prices.
Anyway, i just wanted to answer quickly to reframe things.I am not here on udon map to argue with anyone..I just try sometime to get some informations ,and if i can give a pertinent answer to help anyone i always do it.
Thanks to all of you who tried to help. To the others..Just try to be more happy in your life, and before to give an answer to any post,read it fist.
Last edited by marcudon on July 20, 2017, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2017, 7:15 pm

as i said before ,i do not know also if the boonthavorn reply is related here ...(or true?)
so about granite , you have the shop on the road going to nongkhai ...
you have a shop on the road going sakon nakhon ,(road 22, opposite the first u turn,must u turn second one )
and you have a shop going khon kaen and on the opposite side of the road coming back ...as info ;)

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » July 20, 2017, 7:29 pm

We bought all our Granite from the shop on the left heading towards Ning Khai, we done our downstairs flooring and kitchen work tops, the service was great and has a huge selection to choose from, they also now have a little showroom onsite which will give you some great ideas I'm sure.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Got my tiles from there,free delivery on 5,000b order.wouldnt use them for toilets or sinks unless you take out a mortgage.used the granite shop last week.100% nice lady who speaks perfect English and knows her job.about 3-4 miles on the way to nong khai.not the first ###### about 100 metres on the nong khai road who name is dick somchai Turpin if I remember rightly.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 22, 2017, 3:49 pm

marcudon wrote:
July 20, 2017, 9:56 am
That's not too surprising as all granite is porous. The only way to stop granite staining is to use a really good sealer, and quite possibly renew it at regular intervals.

The cost of the granite is irrelevant.

Some man made sudo granites aren't very porous, so less susceptible to staning.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

if you buy good quality granite you do not need a sealer ...and yes different quality's ...
not meaning the expensive ones are best ..
sealers are expensive and have no use at all ...at least to us , and we cook and bake a lot ... ;)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”