kiwi pension in Siam

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

kiwi pension in Siam

Post by maaka » July 5, 2017, 7:06 am

Got abit to go yet, but not to many moons from now I will be that age for the pension..I am almost at a stage where I will try for a retirement visa, so making plans, but firstly, can us Kiwis receive the pension while living in Thailand..?? cant understand the NZ website and all its jargon. Thanks

jackson
udonmap.com

Re: kiwi pension in Siam

Post by jackson » July 6, 2017, 9:30 am

The short answer Makka is yes you can get a nz age pension when living in Thailand. They call it the " supper annuation) though but the same thing.

In fact I get about half ausi and half nz because i lived about half my life in both countries. In fact if you have a permenant address in Thailand they will send it direct to the bank of you choice providing you give them all the correct swift code , bank address your name etc
Cheers

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 7, 2017, 5:43 am

thanks jackson for your input..it helps..

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 22, 2017, 4:37 pm

I recently met a Thai person who was a NZ citizen. She had been out of the country for just over 6 months. WINZ was asking for all her NZ Super back.

Come on fellas. The NZ welfare system is very tight. I'm surprised we could even be offshore for 6 months and still be eligible. It wouldn't surprise me if you marked the departure card that you were permanently leaving that your eligibility for NZ super would cease immediately. You really need to look into this before leaving. You also shouldn't assume the WINZ person you are dealing with understands this.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

siamsam5555

Post by siamsam5555 » August 23, 2017, 7:57 pm

I thought you can leave the country these days as long as you tell them you are going away for a oe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » August 24, 2017, 8:35 am

Maaka, I might have put you crook with advice about Kiwi pension , which they insist on calling the " supper annuation ".
I was recieving a part pension and yesterday received a letter to say they will no longer pay me ans askerd for about 3 grand back. I felt there was a certain amount of glee in their letter and I noticed they said so far 31,000 people left N Z without telling them FIRST...... I TOLD THEM ONLY DAYS AFTER I LEFT!!! So many returned to find their money cut off.
Fortunately Im not a national of that country so I phoned my other home country provider . They were most helpful and they will make up the shortfall. Please do your own homework on this as things have tightened considerably. I found them difficult to deal with at first anyway. So for me I'm glad I'm out of their system. Good luck anyway .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 25, 2017, 6:03 am

Thanks for that update Jackson...no worries Mate. I only take ideas / opinions / advice here, and then do the real homework and make the final decision myself. Probably that Kiwi Aussie ruckus in government has put the question of dual citizenship up for question in all spheres of govt assistance..

stickman

Post by stickman » September 3, 2017, 11:13 am

You can receive the NZ pension / superannuation while in Thailand so long as you are not outside of New Zealand for more than 26 weeks. If you are outside of NZ for more than 26 weeks in a year you have to REPAY IT ALL IN FULL.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 4, 2017, 5:56 am

Thanks Stickman...

always good to get it straight from a horses mouth such as yours.
obviously there is life after retirement nei ha...
I could see myself wandering back to the Land of the Long White Cloud every 26 wks..
nothing like a break from rice farming..

Thanks Mate..

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Just a point, not that you have to return every 26 weeks, but you have to spend a total of 26 weeks a year IN New Zealand. At least that's how i read it.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 6, 2017, 6:37 am

God thats even worse...pay taxes all your life, work your butt off, and they handcuff you in your retirement...

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » September 6, 2017, 7:07 am

Yes, thats exactly how I see Makka. The country shure aint what it used to be!!
They want me to repay $ 3400 . Can only afford to repay them $1per mth😃

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 7, 2017, 7:52 am

yup a $1 per month is fair ..wait till they asset test things.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”