Hospital bed

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
moomoo
udonmap.com

Hospital bed

Post by moomoo » August 13, 2017, 7:31 am

My father in law has just had a stroke, he is due to be discharged tuesday but is still in a bad way.

Is there anywhere in udon/ surrounding area that sells hospital beds either new or second hand?

Thanks

Moo

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Hospital bed

Post by vincemunday » August 13, 2017, 7:38 am

Opposite Mc Donald's in UD town on the Phosri Road, i think they sell them there. There's also a place called Forte on the ring road going towards Nadee but I've not been in there but it's near the T junction where you turn left to Nong Bua Lumphu or right to the airport not far from the big blue water building.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

moomoo
udonmap.com

Post by moomoo » August 13, 2017, 7:48 am

Brilliant thanks...

Anyone got any ideas about cost?

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » August 13, 2017, 7:54 am

If you’re not successful in getting what you want at the places Vince has mentioned there is another place at the back of the Government Hospital.
There is also a factory/outlet about 15 kilometres outside of Udon on the way to Nong Kai. Head toward Nong Khai and it’s about 3 kilometres after Ban Nakha on the left. Not far from the big new court.

moomoo
udonmap.com

Post by moomoo » August 13, 2017, 8:02 am

Ok thanks, the inlaws live way out in the sticks and we are visiting from chiang mai so not too familiar with the area. I will take a look on tuesday while we are in udon.

Cheers

Moo

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 13, 2017, 8:07 am

It's right by where I live moomoo and I need to pop in to get new wheels for my mums rollator, I'll post up later if it's open today.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » August 13, 2017, 8:10 am

Try Lazada as I see a few there. They will deliver.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 13, 2017, 11:11 am

From the kilo 5 ring road (airport) intersection, as you're heading SE on the ring road toward the KK intersection, in the vicinity of the large PEA headquarters, there's a brand new large store that has hospital type equipment. The building is on the same side as the PEA HQ but I'm not sure if it's a bit before or after.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 14, 2017, 2:28 pm

The store I mentioned above is called Forte. It's on the ring road about 300m from the Kilo 5 (Nadee/Airport) 3-way intersection, same side as the big Electric company HQ. Although I didn't go in, their website offers a good idea of what's available. Hospital equipment and medicines are on sale. The store looks to be bigger than any of the other wholesalers I've seen in town.
If anyone has a chance to stop by, please followup with your impressions.
Attachments
20170814_130734.jpg

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 14, 2017, 5:17 pm

moomoo wrote:
August 13, 2017, 7:31 am
but is still in a bad way.
Thanks
Moo
Tragic

A few things to consider etc

Ability to move the bed in the area that it will be in etc

Side rails that allow access to both sides of the patient.

Adjustable head as the patient will need to be sitting up , pneumonia is a killer for immobilised patients

Mattress needs to be firm, need a 2nd foot pillow to reduce pressure areas on the heels of the feet etc

Mattress needs a good quality cleaning surface , ( dont forget to buy cleaning products )

Probably need to buy a some nitrile gloves for body fluids and cleaning ??

If they have a patient Slide Board - get it, as its easier to move the patient, rather than inexperienced family members just dragging the patient and causing issues perhaps

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 14, 2017, 7:02 pm

Somsak, on Phosri road, has them. 3 day delivery. 18k baht. Manually operated.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 14, 2017, 9:07 pm

I would also strongly advise a Pee Bottle -available from Somsak.

A cream to moisturise his heels,legs & elbows. Jergens Ultra is very good, get it in Tops.

Additionally a Zinc Oxide cream for his bum, as this will get very sore.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 14, 2017, 9:16 pm

If he is in a " Bad Way "

Adult sanitary pads , might be the go also...

moomoo
udonmap.com

Post by moomoo » August 15, 2017, 6:34 am

Thanks for all the advice, will be going into udon to take a look today.

Plenty to think about.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 16, 2017, 3:32 pm

Forte is very, very good. We bought loads of medicines there, a thermometer and tick medicine for my dog. You can get just about everything you need here (and possibly a bit more) at very reasonable prices, I use an iodine spray on my dog and it was about half the price I pay in boots. Moomoo they have a few beds, I've taken some pics of the lower end one, trouble is they don't really put prices on anything, not even on plasters so you'll need to go take a look yourself because I can't be sure it's the price on the mattress.
Attachments
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 16, 2017, 5:12 pm

Thanks for that update on Forte. Animal meds as well! I'll definitely stop by for a browse.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 16, 2017, 7:12 pm

I normally pay about 700 baht for frontline x 3 treatments. Here it works out to 58 baht a phial so it's a significant saving and the guy on the till said that he uses it on his dogs and it's very good, I've bought two treatments so I'll post the results another time. It works the same way as frontline too, you squirt it along the neck but they also have tablet and injection forms.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2017, 3:50 pm

I went back to Forte today to browse and pick up a few meds:
Glucosa (30 packs)....box marked 900 baht, sold at P&F in Central for 450, but for 300 at Forte. Deal!

Atorvastatin Sandoz 10mg.....usually but for 650baht for 30 tablets in town, but 635 at Forte.

I asked for 100 tablets of 81mg aspirin. The girl attached to my side while I browsed called the pharmacist. She asked for my prescription. I said, "you mean for the Atorvastatin?" "No," she said, "for the aspirin."
After a polite back and forth about needing a prescription for the aspirin and not for the Atorvastatin, I told her I'd just buy it in town as I never needed a prescription (at Somsak's).

Long story short, as I was checking out, she asked how many tablets I wanted (200)....and proceeded to let me purchase them.
So, along the lines of a Thai bank not accepting a US government check, a chill-pill kept me away from the ceiling lights.........and taught me yet another thing I'll probably never understand about Thailand. But that's ok.....mission accomplished.

By the way......a motorized version of a hospital bed....55,000 baht. Hand cranked version didn't have a price, but I'd imagine a good deal cheaper.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 21, 2017, 3:58 pm

Mini Aspirin is a funny one, P&F no longer stock it and also most of the other larger pharmacies, was told it was to do with Thai licensing issues,

They are all saying Cardiprim for mini aspirin, which is more expensive.

Is the mini aspirin made in Thailand Parrot ??

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 21, 2017, 3:58 pm

It got on my nerves a bit having someone following you around to give you the prices, they say they can't put them on because of Thai law but if that's how it goes. All in all I found it to be a great place and I'll be back.

Return to “Health & Beauty”