Jewellery valuation

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Jewellery valuation

Post by Raoul Duke » September 7, 2017, 9:58 am

Are there any reputable jewellers in Udon that can conduct a valuation on jewellery?

Voiceover for hire.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Jewellery valuation

Post by Marcosteffano » September 7, 2017, 10:50 am

Most gold here is Thai,not many will look at farang gold.as for diamonds etc they just give you a price off their head.if it's Thai they will just weigh it and tell you it's worth.ive got a 24ct one ounce ingot.can sell anywhere but here.they look at it like it was a bit of metal.clueless.best bet would be China town bkk.over here there seems to be gold shops or jewellers.ps don't take the wife/gf in as you'll come out worse off.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » September 7, 2017, 5:48 pm

Yes this is what I have encountered/assumed.Thanks for the advice Mr Marco.
Voiceover for hire.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 7, 2017, 5:58 pm

If you come into town past big C then Makro you will come to a set of lights with a Jiang motorcycle shop on your left. Go over the lights and the next jeweller on your left, a grey fronted shop with gold on it's left hand side and diamonds on it's right hand side, I think it's called cherchim or something close. They do the repairs to our jewellery that we bought from the Uk and are pretty clued up on non Thai gold. If you're looking to sell 24k, I sold some to the jeweller nearest Robinsons on the floor where the jewellers are and she gave me a pretty good price too.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 8, 2017, 11:57 am

Raoul

give me a PM

I have contacts for a guy in BKK who makes all the gold rings/ jewellery for many of the retail outlets in Thailand

speaks fluent english , his family used to import KGs !! of Australian Saphires years ago.

Totally trust worthy, and have just had a 2 rings upgraded with new gold.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » September 8, 2017, 6:19 pm

If you have a rare , collectible or premium coin or piece of Jewelry, put it on Ebay. Forget about the chinese mafia here.
You can sell Thai Jewelry abroad for more than here. many may know www.thaigold.info, but most don't know the manipulations going on in the numbers. The posted numbers reflect a 100tb difference from "buy or sell". This is not true, it can be 300, 400 or even 500tb difference, if you knew how to discern the "posted" numbers.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 8, 2017, 11:00 pm

felixcat wrote:
September 8, 2017, 6:19 pm
If you have a rare , collectible or premium coin or piece of Jewelry, put it on Ebay. Forget about the chinese mafia here.
You can sell Thai Jewelry abroad for more than here. many may know www.thaigold.info, but most don't know the manipulations going on in the numbers. The posted numbers reflect a 100tb difference from "buy or sell". This is not true, it can be 300, 400 or even 500tb difference, if you knew how to discern the "posted" numbers.
And now do you confirm its authenticity on Ebay ???

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 9, 2017, 1:28 pm

felixcat wrote:
September 8, 2017, 6:19 pm
eBay sucks for selling.i sold two omega watches a year ago,apart from getting a pathetic £1,700,they were mint condition with all the papers n boxes.cost new £4,500...then to rub salt into the wound eBay billed me nearly £400 for selling them...eBay was good 12 years ago but it's only good for buying or if you want to give something away.as usual the goal posts have been moved.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » September 10, 2017, 10:10 am

I also agree that EBAY used to be better. The only thing its good for is buying, but it does give you "world" viewing. Never use the Auction mode unless you have a limit set. You also can try Craigslist as well as other websites.Yes, many Gold shops will try to pay you 96.5 price instead of 99.99 price, walk away. Some shops will give you fair price. But if you have sentimental value or Estate jewelry, forget it. There is a Government pawn shop here, they will turn their nose up at it, if it's not thai (chinese) gold. To "value" your scape gold (broken, worn) use a scale, or see if a shop will weigh it, then go to a site like this: https://www.goldpriceoz.com/gold-price-calculator/ You can easily get the fair value.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”