Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

General sports news and discussions.
panmotor
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

Post by panmotor » September 10, 2017, 10:54 am

An excellent performance by Leeds and, whether Middlesbrough finish above us or not, we deserve our moment of (relative) glory and have, so far, played the best football in the Championship. It will go t*** up though. Its inevitable.

As far as our "hooligans" go. Leeds fans, like Newcastle fans, are passionate and, as a proper football fan who attended and, when in the UK, still attends, games home and away, that is how I like my football and, that's why, with only a modicum of success, we have started selling out the stadium again.

I have been to St James Park many times and been subject to verbal and physical attacks but, outside the 2 hours surrounding the game, would definitely not say you are all hooligans and have several good mates who support the Toon.

By the way DM, my son was at the game yesterday and, apparently, the lard eating competition was won by Perry Gutbucket, the Blackpool goalie on the way to Monkey Gland Park to keep a clean sheet.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2017, 4:51 pm

WELL DONE to Leeds ..great win .. blooming heck our local mighty whites fans will be just starting to dare to dream ..would be fab to see them back in the big time ... Sad news as local sweet heart Witney Twix lost her lard eating crown in Yorshires second city yesterday coming second ... quote ; coming second for LUFC maybe good enough but not for me and my lard eating days are over ive been offered a job as the Sunderland FC nutritionist and im moving on and up in the world n they need all the help they can get !!!

ALSO another well done to Sunny ... the Irons UNBEATEN RUN CONTINUES and 5th in L1 this after a decent draw against an in form Blackpool side ..

Elsewhere .. not good for valiants Port Vale .. im sure things can only get better ...and Tbar Steves beloved Gills tasted defeat again ... the Udon rumour mill is rumbling that Steve is going to the UK this coming week and has had his offer to buy Gillingham FC accepted .. GOOD LUCK STEVE ... i hope they have change for a 20 quid note.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 10, 2017, 5:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2017, 4:51 pm
WELL DONE to Leeds ..great win .. blooming heck our local mighty whites fans will be just starting to dare to dream ..would be fab to see them back in the big time ...
Indeed you are right, DM. Over the years, I have learned not to get too optimistic where LUFC are concerned. But this season so far is giving me cause, I am daring to dream. Not just the fact of the wins, but the manor in how they have been achieved. Last season we were a one-dimensional team, everything focused on Chris Wood. Very different now, the new signings have been a slot in so far. Solid at the back, potent in attack. I'm sure we will have our ups and downs, but I'm dreaming.
And to think that yesterday's win was without supercalerfrajalisticezgjanalioski in the team.

MOT

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2017, 6:37 pm

Adhoc wrote:
September 10, 2017, 5:55 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2017, 4:51 pm
WELL DONE to Leeds ..great win .. blooming heck our local mighty whites fans will be just starting to dare to dream ..would be fab to see them back in the big time ...
Indeed you are right, DM. Over the years, I have learned not to get too optimistic where LUFC are concerned. But this season so far is giving me cause, I am daring to dream. Not just the fact of the wins, but the manor in how they have been achieved. Last season we were a one-dimensional team, everything focused on Chris Wood. Very different now, the new signings have been a slot in so far. Solid at the back, potent in attack. I'm sure we will have our ups and downs, but I'm dreaming.
And to think that yesterday's win was without supercalerfrajalisticezgjanalioski in the team.

MOT
Thats easy for you to say mate ... a very accurate assessment of the state of things currently at Leeds ... i can just see the Leeds United Udon army (ad , Pan n Niggly) WALLETS BULGING desending on TheTap for their EPL premier league promotion party...fizzy pop n pork pies all round

K ADHOC ..DREAMING OF SOMETHING POTENT AND SOLID TO SLOT IN HIS BACK END. :shock:

DM

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 11, 2017, 4:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2017, 6:37 pm
K ADHOC ..DREAMING OF SOMETHING POTENT AND SOLID TO SLOT IN HIS BACK END. :shock:

DM

You clearly have a sixth sense, DM. I was just thinking about a pint of Kwak and pork pie.
Which will probably reappear at the back sometime later. 😅

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

A full programme of matches for our local teams tonight,featuring....

Leeds United v Birmingham City
Scunthorpe United v Blackburn Rovers
Forest Green Rovers v Lincoln City
Luton Town v Port Vale
Newport County v Cheltenham Town
Macclesfield Town v AFC Fylde
Southport v Harrogate Town
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 12, 2017, 5:03 pm

LEEDS TARGET IDEGUCHI

Leeds are preparing a January move for Japan international midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Apparently the Championship side have already started negotiations to sign the 21-year-old, who plays for Gamba Osaka.

Rumours abound that the Leeds management need someone prepared to perform Seppuku in the Elland Rd Centre Circle in May after yet another failure to progress past the play offs :shock:

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » September 12, 2017, 6:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 12, 2017, 5:03 pm
LEEDS TARGET IDEGUCHI

Leeds are preparing a January move for Japan international midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Apparently the Championship side have already started negotiations to sign the 21-year-old, who plays for Gamba Osaka.

Rumours abound that the Leeds management need someone prepared to perform Seppuku in the Elland Rd Centre Circle in May after yet another failure to progress past the play offs :shock:

Had to google Seppuku so, good knowledge Statts!

This rumour has come about as our Director of Football promised a surprise from the Far East. Some Leeds fans were speculating about Tevez signing for Leeds, some were speculating about a takeover by Messrs Adhoc, Niggly and Pan but, personally I was hoping for a troupe of Japanese cheerleaders. The truth seems to be less exciting!

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » September 12, 2017, 6:15 pm

In other news, a new deal to stream Championship football....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41239042

Doesnt affect Leeds as we wont be in the Championship next year!!
(Got that in before the wheels come off!!)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 12, 2017, 6:17 pm

Had to google Seppuku so, good knowledge Statts

One of Many words most Newcastle fans have learnt over the years :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 13, 2017, 7:51 am

Macclesfield Town 2 1 AFC Fylde
Leeds United 2 0 Birmingham City
Scunthorpe United 0 1 Blackburn Rovers
Luton Town 2 0 Port Vale
Newport County AFC 1 0 Cheltenham Town
Forest Green Rovers 0 1 Lincoln City

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 13, 2017, 8:47 am

I do believe that Leeds are now top of the Championship so we may hear more about this later ;) ......
Scunnys unbeaten league run comes to an end and the misery continues for the fans of our League 2 clubs.
Macc up to 7th in the Conference thanks to an injury time winner and Harrogate thumped Southport away 4-1 to stay top of the Conference North.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » September 13, 2017, 9:05 am

Zidane wrote:
September 13, 2017, 8:47 am
I do believe that Leeds are now top of the Championship so we may hear more about this later ;) ......
Scunnys unbeaten league run comes to an end and the misery continues for the fans of our League 2 clubs.
Macc up to 7th in the Conference thanks to an injury time winner and Harrogate thumped Southport away 4-1 to stay top of the Conference North.
Oh yeah!!

Only 39 games to go!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 13, 2017, 11:45 am

BobHelm wrote:
September 13, 2017, 7:51 am
Macclesfield Town 2 1 AFC Fylde
Leeds United 2 0 Birmingham City
Scunthorpe United 0 1 Blackburn Rovers
Luton Town 2 0 Port Vale
Newport County AFC 1 0 Cheltenham Town
Forest Green Rovers 0 1 Lincoln City
BLOOMING HECK The Blackburn black pudding n Bettys hot pot quoffing Rovers did us ... the unbeaten run is no more :(

Leeds GO TOP .. and deserve to .. looking like the team to beat in the Championship this season and Adhoc , Pan n Niggly must be contemplating re locating back to Sunny Morley if the dream becomes reality ..

Elsewhere ,,things get even worse for Port Vale .. what has gone so wrong there ???

DM

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » September 13, 2017, 1:06 pm

Sitting in Burslem listening to the Radio, at the moment the Manager still has a job 7 played, 6 defeats, 1 win not good PVFC

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 14, 2017, 8:07 pm

Looks like a load of cobblers to me :lol:

And so far only 11m of taxpayers money has been spent by the BIB chasing the rascals [-X

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nort ... e-41259436

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 15, 2017, 7:48 am

Millwall 15:00 Leeds United
Cheltenham Town 15:00 Colchester United
Port Vale 15:00 Forest Green Rovers
Macclesfield Town 15:00 Maidstone Utd
Sunday 17th September
Doncaster Rovers 15:00 Scunthorpe United

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2017, 4:19 pm

Sunday sees the first local derby of the season as The Iron travel to the nearby Keepmote Stadium in Doncaster , only a mere 20 miles for the several thousand scunny fans to travel .. and a reminder for those making the trip MAKE SURE TO GET A TETENUS N TYFOID shot before leaving Scunthorpe for the jungle n all those wippets n windalickas .

UP THE IRON

TOPPA THE LEAGUE Leeds go to the Lions den .. hope they stuff millwall as they beat us in the playoffs last year .

Elsewhere DMs prediction is ... PORT VALE 0 .... ???

DM

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2017, 6:52 am

Millwall 1 0 Leeds United
Cheltenham Town 3 1 Colchester United
Port Vale 1 1 Forest Green Rovers
Macclesfield Town 1 4 Maidstone Utd
Leeds finally lose, but remain on top by goal difference over Wolves & Cardiff.
Town rocket up the table to 21st. :D
Vale remain bottom by a point from Chesterfield & Forest Green.

The real talking point of the lower leagues is the sacking of 'Arry by Birmingham. :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 17, 2017, 10:41 am

The real talking point of the lower leagues is the sacking of 'Arry by Birmingham. :shock:

Funny, I thought it was the sacking of Michael by Vale :-k

MICHAEL BROWN SACKED

Port Vale CEO, Colin Garlick, stated “We are all very disappointed with the start to the season, I know Michael and his staff have worked extremely hard to try and rebuild the club and achieve the results that we were looking for but unfortunately, this has not happened.

"I would like to thank Michael for his hard work and wish him and his family all the very best for the future.”

David Kelly and Chris Morgan will take charge of first team affairs in the interim period.

The sacking period (November?) seems to have come very early this year :shock:

Return to “World Sports”