Hua Hin

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Hua Hin

Post by BobHelm » October 4, 2017, 5:33 pm

I am thinking about spending a couple of days in December exploring Hua Hin, as I have not been that way before.
I am wondering about the best way of getting from Don Mueang down to it though.
I understood that there were minibuses running from Victory Monument but, in the back of my mind, I seem to remember reading in the Bangkok Post that had discontinued.
Can anyone confirm, either way.

Also there are Taxi's adverting on the web that can be pre-booked on line for about 2,400 baht 1 way.
As there will be 4 of us going would this be a better alternative??

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Hua Hin

Post by vincemunday » October 4, 2017, 5:38 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » October 4, 2017, 5:56 pm

They moved from Victory Monument to Mo Chit 2 bus station.IMO much better than a taxi.

flashgordon

Post by flashgordon » October 4, 2017, 6:49 pm

BobHelm wrote:I am thinking about spending a couple of days in December exploring Hua Hin, as I have not been that way before.
I am wondering about the best way of getting from Don Mueang down to it though.
I understood that there were minibuses running from Victory Monument but, in the back of my mind, I seem to remember reading in the Bangkok Post that had discontinued.
Can anyone confirm, either way.

Also there are Taxi's adverting on the web that can be pre-booked on line for about 2,400 baht 1 way.
As there will be 4 of us going would this be a better alternative??
Not bad that price .as four of you nice and fast to your destination .I'd payed about that four years ago.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 4, 2017, 7:06 pm

"I am thinking about spending a couple of days in December exploring Hua Hin, as I have not been that way before."

Why not drive down ...... far less hassle, cheaper, and you have your wheels there to do your exploring.

By the time you get to the airport/check in/sit around for an hour /fly down/wait for luggage/get taxi into BKK from DM/ get bus/taxi from BKK to HH/get taxi from drop off point to hotel .............. you wouldn't be far away in the motor (800km would be one tankful or about B1800?)

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 5, 2017, 5:10 am

We used Hua Hin Cab 🚕

http://huahincab.com/booking/

In August just gone and had a 3 year old top of the range Toyota pick take 4 of us to HH from survanabhumi to our hotel by Blueport Shopping Complex for 2200THB -
Can recommend them, on time, waiting for us and a good driver.

Email : [email protected]

I’m sure they’d quote for a Don Mueng trip

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » October 17, 2017, 7:58 am

2x year I stay at Novotel Cha Am and book a car with thaicalltaxi.
From DMK 2100B 2 adults 1 child.
You might need to order an Innova or similar, slightly more expensive.
Always had good drivers, takes about 3h, will use them again.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Just got back from HH and noticed taxi companies were advertising HH - Swampy B1500 and B1600. Would assume DM - HH would be a bit cheaper (didn't see any ads)

North of Udon to South of HH took less than that for 3 of us to get there using own wheels :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 17, 2017, 10:55 am

stattointhailand wrote:
October 17, 2017, 10:10 am
Just got back from HH and noticed taxi companies were advertising HH - Swampy B1500 and B1600. Would assume DM - HH would be a bit cheaper (didn't see any ads)

North of Udon to South of HH took less than that for 3 of us to get there using own wheels :-k
Did'nt yer see the 2 Posts Above Your'es for prices from DM to HH ??? Open Yer Eyes, Laddie !!

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 17, 2017, 11:37 am

Although it is not the cheapest option (and it may not be available from every hotel), over the last few years I have been pre-booking transport directly with hotels that I will be staying at (or as part and parcel of a tour arrangement).

The biggest advantages being the time saved getting through the airport and that there is a better than average chance that the driver not only knows exactly where he is taking you, but probably the best way of getting there.

The hardest part is actually finding your driver at DM or Swampy amidst the hundreds of other pre-booked drivers.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 11:44 am

Yes 747, I saw posts that advertised B2000+, and was just pointing out that the "official :lol: " taxis in HH were advertising far cheaper (before any negotiating) than the "on line" offers.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 17, 2017, 12:34 pm

We're going to HH on our next trip, we will drive down as we like the flexibility of being able to move about if we want to. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 1:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 17, 2017, 12:34 pm
We're going to HH on our next trip, we will drive down as we like the flexibility of being able to move about if we want to. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?
Depends on what you are after Vince ....... price/location/requirements/beach/pool/nightlife, any kids in room etc etc

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 17, 2017, 1:50 pm

Nice beach, a bit of nightlife suitable for middle aged fat boys without prozzies driving us mad and I dunno 1,000 to 2,000 baht a night? No kids.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 17, 2017, 2:14 pm

I would say avoid Cha Am (slightly to the north of Hua Hin) if you're after beach; as the beach is somewhat thin up there. Hotel depends, -- what's the budget? Def hit the walking street in Hua Hun for great open air seafood grilling at night. We went there every night and never tired of it. A bit down (i.e., towards the beach) from the walking street area you'll find some nice art galleries, too.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 3:57 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 17, 2017, 1:50 pm
Nice beach, a bit of nightlife suitable for middle aged fat boys without prozzies driving us mad and I dunno 1,000 to 2,000 baht a night? No kids.
You sound like the Wannara would suit.

About 1200 - 1500 a night, couple of pools, one of the best buffet brekkies i've seen in Thailand (exc 5*), about 5 - 10 mins walk to main beach entrance and 15 mins to beach in other direction. less than 10 mins walk to main tourist nightlife bars, less than 10 mins walk to Soi 80 (expat bars with prozzies but cheaper beer than bars in tourist area). right near centre of town for shops etc. night market 10 mins walk and big night market about 25 - 30 mins walk (B100 tuk tuk). 5 mins to BK etc etc Car Park on site (many small and large HH hotels have no parking available)

https://www.agoda.com/wannara-hotel-hua ... 3e5eac066e

Cheaper options would be Guest houses on soi 67 (100m from beach and 15 - 20 mins walk into main tourist areas).
Choice of about 10 guest houses for about 450 - 700 a night (clean, comfy and quieter) all GH's share a pool on the soi.
Added bonus is the beach in this area stays open on Wednesdays when the main area is closed.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 17, 2017, 4:18 pm

Thanks guys, that helps, I've been looking and this place looks okay but I know nothing about HH, is it in a decent enough area?

http://www.booking.com/Share-cqyteb

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 4:31 pm

Thats about 5 km from Hua Hin centre vince. Khao Takiab is a separate beach area which I usually go to a couple of times each visit. I suspect that it would be a bit quiet if you want fellow "middle aged fat boys" for company to play pool and have a footie chat with at the bars. If you have not been to the area before, I would recommend staying near the centre for your first visit and going out to Khao Takiab, Khao Tao and Khao Kalok for day trips

http://www.khaotakiab.com/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 17, 2017, 4:40 pm

Thanks again!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » October 17, 2017, 6:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 17, 2017, 4:18 pm
Thanks guys, that helps, I've been looking and this place looks okay but I know nothing about HH, is it in a decent enough area?

http://www.booking.com/Share-cqyteb
If you are gonna stay in khao takiab, by the location on the link you've posted there is a regular baht bus into town early evening for 10 baht (price a year and a half ago) ,getting back reasonably late you'll be able to get a tuck tuk,there was a few parked outside of the Hilton when I was there.

Return to “Travel & Transport”