Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
parrot
udonmap.com

Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Post by parrot » November 9, 2017, 2:35 pm

The annual Tungsrimeuang Fair will be held from 1-12 December at the newly renovated Tungsrimeuang.
Attachments
23472186_945205978952212_1972067621642615161_n.jpg

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Post by wazza » November 9, 2017, 9:09 pm

Thanks for that

Probably the highlight of the Green Finger Calendar

Orchids Orchids and when your bored of orchids, there are hanging orchids.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 10, 2017, 10:54 am

And about 5 different sized plastic glasses full of strawberries (with added sugar/msg ??)

Daughters already looking forward to playing on the bungee trampoline thing :roll:

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » November 12, 2017, 1:38 am

Any one has details in English re activities?
The parade, on a Saturday?, probably 2nd dec?
I remember a fair 3 years ago opposite Big C, will the same be held somewhere around Tungsrimeuang?
Parking our horse was the big problem...

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 15, 2017, 7:02 pm

Just a heads up this fair is the main source of income for the local Red Cross association and as usual they will have the largest stand in the show selling tickets for their annual raffle. Tomorrow we are finalising the details but already there are 12 motorcycles, two possibly three cars and hundeds of other good prizes , ranging from fridges, fans, bicycles etc. Altogether last year, including the smaller prizes there were nearly a million winning tickets . So please come along give your support to this very worthwhile charity, have some fun, who knows you might be one of the big winners .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 15, 2017, 8:48 pm

Dont think we ever resolved last Red Cross raffle and if expats can claim the car....

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 16, 2017, 5:11 am

wazza wrote:
November 15, 2017, 8:48 pm
Dont think we ever resolved last Red Cross raffle and if expats can claim the car....
None of the tickets require the buyers name on so it's obvious whoever holds them can claim the prize. The Red Cross is a non secular organisation so doesn't distinguish between it's donors or receipients of it's aid. Obviously if your worried about registering the ownership then the same government regulations apply, whatever they are, I've no idea and quite frankly am not interested as all my possessions already belong to my beloved wife of 15 years .Hope your interest signifies should you be lucky and win, your going to buy many tickets to increase your chances.It's a very worthy cause .
I will just add to prevent the unhelpful comments expressed on the forum by some last year regarding all the major prizes still not being won in the latter days of the fair, as they are still on show, that it is a requirement that all winners of the big items can collect them on the last day, when they will be presented with them, with all the grand fanfare and publicity that the Thais seem to relish and excel at .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 16, 2017, 11:31 am

I’m sure the family will insist we visit the fair and I promise to enter into the spirit of things and buy a handful of (Red Cross) tickets.
I am pleased to read of your trust in this raffle, Trubrit. Indeed, a good cause. I must admit to some distrust of charity collections/competitions etc. when I’ve read of an enormous %age in administrative costs and doubt that as much money as should reaches the intended destination. In Thailand, unfortunately, even more reason to feel someone may have their fingers in the pot. A shame, too, for all those who give their time free.
Also, it’s luck and the nature of how these things are run, but there IS some deception in leaving better prizes on show, which have already been won but not announced, albeit the Thai want to make a show on the last day – and show the lucky winners for all to see. I’m sure there are quite a few buying tickets on the last days of the fair, believing they’re in with a genuine chance of the car or motorbike, whilst the reality is there’s only toothbrushes or combs left.:-) Fortunately, I’ve still some teeth and hair remaining!

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » November 29, 2017, 1:43 pm

Riding past Tungsrimeuang it doesn't like it's ready to host anything at the moment, the renovations seem way behind.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 29, 2017, 4:21 pm

I have seen some orchid venues opposite the Telewiz Shop

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Parrot's advert for the fair seems clear enough although still piles of dirt, bricks and the like evident behind the shuttering. As Wazza says, there's lots of the usual plant, furniture etc. places around the outside already. I witnessed the police turning traffic backwards because of jams!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 30, 2017, 6:24 pm

There are at least two good reasons to know about the kick-off parade for the Tungsrimeuang Fair, scheduled to begin at 0830 tomorrow morning at the Chinese temple near the railroad tracks:
#1: If you've never seen the parade, it's worthy of a few loads of film in your fancy smartphone.
#2: If you don't want to see the parade, avoid the route as shown on the map.
No guarantees.....but if you want to see the kids climb atop the swaying towers, I'd park near the statue circle and wait for the parade to arrive that area.
Attachments
24129930_1563384073707922_2326121539221456634_n.jpg

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 6, 2017, 4:31 am

No luck with the Red Cross thingy then - no car, motorbike, washing machine, even a cuddly Doraeman, but enough washing up liquid for weeks, two Mama (consumed already)and a tin of fish. :lol:

bobmann

Post by bobmann » December 20, 2017, 5:00 pm

My bad. I am coming to Thailand next month. Phuket is my 1st priority this time.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”