Cops [Flee?] Accident Caused By Their Roadblock

General Udon Thani topics only!
jimjay
udonmap.com

Cops [Flee?] Accident Caused By Their Roadblock

Post by jimjay » November 12, 2017, 4:12 pm

My wife told me about this, the cops set up a roadblock in front of Index today, and due to miscalculating the stopping distance upon the tailback created by their roadblock, resulted in a serious crash.

But the part that has locals in a tizzy is that the BIB then immediately fled / left the area leaving the victims to fend for themselves in the time immediately after.

More info soon:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8552184182
Attachments
FB_IMG_1510477918849.jpg

jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: Cops [Flee?] Accident Caused By Their Roadblock

Post by jimjay » November 12, 2017, 4:24 pm

Now wife saying the BIB ended up announcing no more traffic stops at that area:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8552184182

More details soon as to what happened.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 12, 2017, 4:32 pm

Were they real police or the guys dressed as police .. who actually wish (think) they were police but are not just goffers , most police check points are manned by both real and "plastic" police ..tho there should always be a senior officer in attendance ..maybe they started without him due to the heavy traffic and warm weather make tea while the sun shines senario ?..and fled as no one wanted to take the blame ..just a thought .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2017, 5:08 pm

Went through the area twice a few days ago and there were TWO police checkpoints one outside PowerBuy and the other back before you crossed the railway lines. I said at the time they were asking for trouble shutting it down to one lane TWICE, and just after traffic had at times endured a 15 - 20 min crawl through the roadworks :evil: Wondered then if they were genuine or just a spot of unrecorded overtime going on :-$

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 12, 2017, 5:31 pm

The one outside PowerBuy seems to be a pretty regular morning stopping point for the police at the moment.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 12, 2017, 5:53 pm

the biggest problem is more that most of the drivers only know how to drive quickly but not how to stop quickly ....
surely when you are also handling your smartphone that is glued to your hand :D
and as i see how quickly everyone's driving next to thalaad thaisiri on the 22 road despite a speed limit at 60 ...
i am not surprised at all ....so to me not really the fault of a road block , but drivers negligent to adapt their speed to the circumstances ...drive safe all... ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2017, 6:01 pm

BobHelm wrote:
November 12, 2017, 5:31 pm
The one outside PowerBuy seems to be a pretty regular morning stopping point for the police at the moment.
Would have thought that with the hassle of the roadworks to get through for motorists, that someone in the BIB hierarchy would have engaged their grey matter and done away with police checks until the conditions are back to at least semi normal .......... but then again that would require at least a modicum of common sense [-(

If they really CANNOT do without blocking the road, then FFS at least put warning signs out 1km and 500m in advance of lane closures :evil:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 12, 2017, 6:10 pm

It's always been my view here that the police do not give sufficient warning of a road block and lane closure and that in itself is likely to result in rearenders, even with drivers keeping a reasonable speed. Cones in the road are one thing, but with fair traffic, you can't see them from a distance until you're on them. A couple of large warning signs a good distance from where the lane closures would help.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 12, 2017, 6:14 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 12, 2017, 4:32 pm
Were they real police or the guys dressed as police .. who actually wish (think) they were police but are not just goffers , most police check points are manned by both real and "plastic" police ..tho there should always be a senior officer in attendance ..maybe they started without him due to the heavy traffic and warm weather make tea while the sun shines senario ?..and fled as no one wanted to take the blame ..just a thought .
Yep seems they were real for most part, hard to tell when they scattered like roaches LOL,

Their big boss made a public statement in front of media saying they wouldn't set up there anymore but no word on any punitive actions. Seems they were blown away when thousands of citizens jumped on them on Facebook, so coverups much more difficult until some "anti-anti-cover-up" laws get passed to suppress future public outcry.

Am sure they'll be stacked up double traffic stops tomorrow to make up for lost mia noy gold money.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2017, 6:22 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:10 pm
It's always been my view here that the police do not give sufficient warning of a road block and lane closure and that in itself is likely to result in rearenders, even with drivers keeping a reasonable speed. Cones in the road are one thing, but with fair traffic, you can't see them from a distance until you're on them. A couple of large warning signs a good distance from where the lane closures would help.
The REALLY REALLY crazy one is when they are cutting centre res or sweeping dust and there is one guy stood in the "fast lane" and his mate is moving the cones along the road about 5 metres from where he is standing. Anyone pulling out from behind say a slow moving lorry in the middle lane has absolutely no chance of seeing him stood there and no chance to avoid him. :-&

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 12, 2017, 6:26 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
you can't see them from a distance until you're on them. A couple of large warning signs a good distance from where the lane closures would help.
They are relying on the element of surprise because they know locals will do anything to escape if they can.

So most traffic stops are just around corners or cleverly tucked in such that people can't jump out of the trap.

This time they miscalculated some physics to it all and lucky for them the totalled car didn't result in a fatality.

They might have run away afterward based on the fact that whomever was responsible wound have to pay for the damages as it was a clear cut error on the police side.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2017, 6:33 pm

"it was a clear cut error on the police side"

They DON'T MAKE ERRORS jimjay ........... they are ALWAYS RIGHT ......... and if they are not right they will pretty soon find some poor b'stard who will swear that they ARE RIGHT

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 12, 2017, 6:59 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:33 pm

They DON'T MAKE ERRORS jimjay ........... they are ALWAYS RIGHT ......... and if they are not right they will pretty soon find some poor b'stard who will swear that they ARE RIGHT
Sorry I just got to Thailand last night LOL, I found a bar girl who I think I will marry as she says she loves me, and I am gonna start a bar business here as well as a restaurant. Also gonna start construction on a new home ASAP built by her brother that doesn't look like her, right after I get a truck for me and car for her. I trust anything I am told especially by the police...

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 13, 2017, 9:10 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:01 pm
If they really CANNOT do without blocking the road, then FFS at least put warning signs out 1km and 500m in advance of lane closures :evil:
Very good idea, then anyone who they want to catch (no licence, no helmet, no tax, defective vehicle, to much joy juice or yabar etc.) has enough notice to avoid them. This means that they would not have too much work to do. :lol:
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 13, 2017, 10:13 am

jimjay wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:59 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:33 pm

Sorry I just got to Thailand last night LOL, I found a bar girl who I think I will marry as she says she loves me, and I am gonna start a bar business here as well as a restaurant. Also gonna start construction on a new home ASAP built by her brother that doesn't look like her, right after I get a truck for me and car for her. I trust anything I am told especially by the police...
Better still just buy a gold shop for her,lot less hassle.guaranteed will sell the lot while your back home for a month.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 13, 2017, 11:51 am

The cops here should just save us all the trouble, and simply leap out of the bushes with weapons drawn, and rob whomever as they see fit.

We know they dream of having that right, might as well grant it to them. \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 13, 2017, 12:04 pm

Brian Davis Said...... A couple of large warning signs a good distance from where the lane closures would help.....

Now THAT Would be TOO Easy.......

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 13, 2017, 12:07 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 13, 2017, 9:10 am
stattointhailand wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:01 pm
Very good idea, then anyone who they want to catch (no licence, no helmet, no tax, defective vehicle, to much joy juice or yabar etc.) has enough notice to avoid them. This means that they would not have too much work to do. :lol:
Yes they can all do a "U" turn on the duel carriageway and the strategically placed officers of the law can nab them for that as well :roll:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 13, 2017, 2:02 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
Agree.

On more than one occasion, while coursing through curves on mountains and hills in the Kingdom, our riding party has rounded a sharp curve only to be startlingly surprised that there is -- of all things -- a police checkpoint in the middle of nowhere! It was all we could do to brake and get under control -- and we weren't exceeding the speed limit (almost impossible to do in those curves). Rounding a curve with no up-road visibility and BAM -- the checkpoint is upon you.

My first thought was why don't they do this further down the road where a motorist can see it in time and begin braking? It's not like there's anywhere to run (which is what the checkpoint is really concerned with) on a two-lane highway in the mountains with no cross streets. They seem to place the element of surprise as a priority over safety.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 13, 2017, 2:18 pm

One of the Udon news facebook pages has been posting near daily reports of the Provincial Land Transportation Office check points along the Udon-KK Hwy......# of vehicles stopped, # speeding, # otherwise breaking the law.
https://www.facebook.com/%E0%B8%82%E0%B ... 464509271/

Off topic, but on the same facebook page you can see the try-outs for Robinson's Home and Hardware Sale.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”