dutch passport issues

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Rono
udonmap.com

dutch passport issues

Post by Rono » June 25, 2017, 4:53 pm

If there are any Dutch between the members on this forum?
beginning of this month (June) I went to the embassy "om mijn paspoort te verlengen" For the next 5 years. I have a year visa stamp that will expire in august. A stamp from the Thai immigration!!! I had to pay an extra 30 Euro on top of the 129 Euro for the new passport. They say because I have a "consular document"(??) in the passport. But they do not issue a new one nor give a letter for the Thai immigration or whatsoever. I have to go to the immigration office to get a new visa stamp in the new passport !!(??) Then why pay for this ?Anybody else had to pay this extra 30 Euro? I find it strange to have pay for something and get nothing in return. Is this the new "coffee money" system of the Dutch Embassy folks too??

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: dutch passport issues

Post by tamada » June 25, 2017, 5:38 pm

You haven't stated what Immigration office you will be dealing with so best to check directly if they need any letter verifying the new passport as legitimate. Maybe the Dutch have an internal new passport verification procedure between themselves and the MFA and that's what you got charged for?

Thai Immigration doesn't charge for migrating any extension of stay stamps to a new passport. It can be done at the same time as filing the new extension of stay and doesn't add any excessive time to the process.

If Udon Thani Immigration does charge, then that's their business and up to you if you decide to acquiesce.

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Post by d p meijer » June 25, 2017, 6:48 pm

i am dutch and renewed my extension 1 year just this month . passport no issue .
but i like to inform you , that to get an extension you have to ask the embassy for a "visum ondersteunings brief"" since may 22nd.
before you could simply declare to the embassy your yearly income and they only confirmed your identity . at immigration you had to give proof of your income afterwards.
now you send proof of sufficient income to the embassy and after checking they stamp and return it to you declaring that your income has been proved correct .

thought good to inform you
regards

jeebeeg
udonmap.com

Post by jeebeeg » July 19, 2017, 7:09 pm

LS,

Today I received my Dutch passport.
Included is a consular document.
Was charged 30 euros, or 1140 THB for that document.

Regards,

Jeebeeg.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » November 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

If you just keep your old passport together with the new passport it is very unlikely that the Thai officers will make any problem.

The Dutch embassy just rips you off.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”