deja vu 1972

Thailand news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

deja vu 1972

Post by parrot » November 29, 2017, 4:39 pm

When I was stationed in NKP back when, there was a scandal involving two missionaries from the US who found it cute to mount a large statue of Buddha in a temple somewhere in the country.......back in those days, you had to take your film to be processed. They did. And one of the people handling their photos forwarded some of them to the press where they were published for all of Thailand to see. I can't remember the specifics of the case, but seem to recall they're being imprisoned for 6 months. Their claim? We didn't know the statues were sacred.
In the 45 years since, I've waited for the day when a foreign tourist to NYC mounts the altar in St Patrick's Cathedral for a selfie. After all, there are no signs saying you can't do so.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/ ... e#cxrecs_s

vlad
udonmap.com

Re: deja vu 1972

Post by vlad » November 29, 2017, 11:15 pm

The two gay yanks are even holding hands in the photo.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 29, 2017, 11:54 pm

Seemingly they have a Web Site where they post this disrespectful crap all the time. I agree with Parrot, why not do it in the Vatican and the Wailing Wall?. There would be more than just man paste going through yours heads.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 30, 2017, 5:45 am

How did the Police get on to these gay guys? CCTV or was their camera checked at airport, or informants, or what.?
Deserve what they get.. We had some semi famous chick take a naked pic on top of one of our sacred mountains, and that caused an uproar..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2017, 3:29 pm

maaka wrote:
November 30, 2017, 5:45 am
How did the Police get on to these gay guys? CCTV or was their camera checked at airport, or informants, or what.?
Deserve what they get.. We had some semi famous chick take a naked pic on top of one of our sacred mountains, and that caused an uproar..
That was Jaylene Cook who was just another unknown glamor model until she pulled it all off on Taranaki (for which those of us with the unpixelated pictures are truly grateful)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11849547
There's plain disrespectful and then there's, "Wow!... but that's still disrespectful."

Return to “Thailand News”